Ultimate Captains

Bass said:
Hitllar has said that the suits are responsible for their powers, Thor's suit is bio-mechanical, and it would seem these suits are not easily mass-producable due to the sheer cost involved in making them. Thorlief took the hammer and suit, it took them 18 months and they still haven't fully recovered. I suppose it's like rockets to the moon. It can be done, but it's difficult and extremely costly.
Do you mean Gunnar, aka Loki from U2 #4? Because he said the NORWEGIAN TEAM decided to take the biomechanical approach, and that lead to the creation of Thor. Not that the entire Union opted for the biomechanical approach. When leaders speak in first-person plural, it refers to their domain. Gunnar/Loki's domain was the Norwegian team. Ergo, he was referring to only them, not the entire Union program. You need to read closer.

I think he's talking about "Hitllar" as Hitch and Millar.

But thinking logically, if ALL the Union members received their powers from biomechanical technology, why would Gunnar/Loki make a point of stating that's how Thor was created? Hmm?

jtg3885 said:
If he could, I don't think he would have tackled Thor...
cause he is still are training and didn't have full use of his powers yet.

jtg3885 said:
Then why was he declared combat ready? :roll:
i dunno maybe cause he did have that kind of training, but not in he use of his other powers that the suit give's him

That was a bit of a 'give it up'. In the Ultimate Universe, characters have new powers, and are missing old ones in some cases. Just because Captain Britain has the powers in 616 does not mean he has them in the UU.

jtg3885 said:
Do you mean Gunnar, aka Loki from U2 #4? Because he said the NORWEGIAN TEAM decided to take the biomechanical approach, and that lead to the creation of Thor. Not that the entire Union opted for the biomechanical approach. When leaders speak in first-person plural, it refers to their domain. Gunnar/Loki's domain was the Norwegian team. Ergo, he was referring to only them, not the entire Union program. You need to read closer.

I didn't say each the Union Captains was made with biomechtech. I said Hitllar (Bryan Hitch and Mark Millar) have said each of the Union's Captain's powers are because of the suits they are wearing. It doesn't specify if this is biomechtech or not, and neither did I. You need to read my posts more closely.

Bass said:
I didn't say each the Union Captains was made with biomechtech. I said Hitllar (Bryan Hitch and Mark Millar) have said each of the Union's Captain's powers are because of the suits they are wearing. It doesn't specify if this is biomechtech or not, and neither did I. You need to read my posts more closely.

Explaining that "Hitllar" is Bryan Hitch and Mark Millar totally diminishes the point of using the phrase.

Bass said:
I didn't say each the Union Captains was made with biomechtech. I said Hitllar (Bryan Hitch and Mark Millar) have said each of the Union's Captain's powers are because of the suits they are wearing. It doesn't specify if this is biomechtech or not, and neither did I.
Seeing as how no mention has been made IN the comics that say the Union members outside of Thor draw power from their suits, it has as much canon credibility as Chuck Austen and the "Nightcrawler has two ****s" thing. Also, every single member of the Union was suited up, but only four of them were available for combat. And the four Union members weren't particularly competent, which really makes you wonder about the fact that they were cleared for battle. If all the members derived power from their suits, then shouldn't the whole mess of them be available for battle? Or at least all nine of the founding members?

moonmaster said:
Explaining that "Hitllar" is Bryan Hitch and Mark Millar totally diminishes the point of using the phrase.
I thought he was attempting some pathetic pun or comparison between Gunnar/Loki and Hitler, which made me really rather confused.

i'm really starting to think that miller is just bring in this others people just to leave the UU full with people. so when some one else takes over they won't have to much to do but right the people that are already in the UU.

but i do have to say if they did draw there powers from the suits that would mean that all the union members would have been able to fight thor. so that would in fact mean that they may all so have some sort of power them selfs.

jtg3885 said:
Seeing as how no mention has been made IN the comics that say the Union members outside of Thor draw power from their suits, it has as much canon credibility as Chuck Austen and the "Nightcrawler has two ****s" thing.

You're right. Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch, the guys who created the Union, said the Union's powers are from their suits. It's not canon.

Good creators don't put every little piece of their world into every issue through poor exposition. You learn more about the world as it the story develops. Look at Alan Moore's work.

Unless you've been reading Hitllar's posts, no one would expect you to know about the suits since they're not in the issues so far, and your lack of trivia is perfectly understandable. But now that you've been told, you've decided that the creators of the Ultimates are in the wrong. Bravo. :roll:

Bass said:
Unless you've been reading Hitllar's posts, no one would expect you to know about the suits since they're not in the issues so far, and your lack of trivia is perfectly understandable. But now that you've been told, you've decided that the creators of the Ultimates are in the wrong. Bravo. :roll:
Yes, because everything we've heard from every writer is gospel truth. Not.

jtg3885 said:
it has as much canon credibility as Chuck Austen and the "Nightcrawler has two ****s" thing.
Off-topic: :lol: I never read about this before. I'm *so* about to Google for it!

If there's already a thread about it at UC, please link to it, because it's obviously going to be a little difficult to locate, using the internal search engine here, given the keywords involved.

compound said:
Off-topic: :lol: I never read about this before. I'm *so* about to Google for it!

If there's already a thread about it at UC, please link to it, because it's obviously going to be a little difficult to locate, using the internal search engine here, given the keywords involved.
If I can figure out exactly where on the X-2 DVD it is, I'll rip it and post the video. I meant to a while back, but got side-tracked by another project.

jtg3885 said:
If I can figure out exactly where on the X-2 DVD it is, I'll rip it and post the video. I meant to a while back, but got side-tracked by another project.
Thanx, man!

I found this on some random guy's blog, in relation to Austen's commentary:
I mean, two d!cks? Like Amanda and Cerise and Meggan wouldn't have noticed. Argh!

[SOURCE]​
:lol:

jtg3885 said:
Yes, because everything we've heard from every writer is gospel truth. Not.

You're completely right. Hitllar have been responsible for every issue of the Ultimates to date, and had the story mapped out two years in advance, but when they say where the Union got their powers, they're wrong. You're right, they're wrong.

Latest posts

Back