Ultimate Chameleon

The Overlord

Was the guy pretending to be Spidey in the Double Trouble arc supposed to be Ultimate Chameleon or could we see a more proper version of Dmitri Smerdyakov in the UU? He is Spider-Man's oldest foe and Spidey lacks a foe who relies on just cunning and subtlety, its shame he is not in the UU.

If he did appear, should he still have his white face mask or not?

Last edited:
we'll see him eventually, hasn't happened yet though

The question is, will he actually be interesting or will he be a guy in a chameleon mask who tries to rob a bank and gets beaten by spidey in 3 panels?

Eh, what's the hold up anyway, Bendis could have given Chameleon arc, instead of making that lame Deadpool arc.

Last edited:
Ultimate Chameleon is MJ. That's how she turned in to a goblin. She's trying to attack his heart before she reveals herself

Was the guy pretending to be Spidey in the Double Trouble arc supposed to be Ultimate Chameleon or could we see a more proper version of Dmitri Smerdyakov in the UU? He is Spider-Man's oldest foe and Spidey lacks a foe who relies on just cunning and subtlety, its shame he is not in the UU.

I heard a while back that Bendis was thinking about how to intro. the Chameleon. Guess he hasn't figured how yet, or he could of just given up on the idea.

If he we're to show up... I think he should look kinda like that guy from Harry Potter, Lord Voldemort.

HarryPotter.jpg

I think he should be a master of disguise like in the movie The Saint, a master of espionage and theft. Nothing super natural, just realistic wigs, great vocal control, etc.

Was the guy pretending to be Spidey in the Double Trouble arc supposed to be Ultimate Chameleon or could we see a more proper version of Dmitri Smerdyakov in the UU?

The whole point of the Public Scrutiny arc was that this guy was no one, and he still managed to damage spider-man and Peter Parker (Since Captain Stacy died). He was not the Ultimate Chameleon or the Ultimate anyone.

He is Spider-Man's oldest foe and Spidey lacks a foe who relies on just cunning and subtlety, its shame he is not in the UU.

Can't say anything on the face mask, but it's true Spider-man's enemies (except for maybe the Kingpin) don't use too much of their intelligence. Also, when I wikied the Chameleon it appears he showed up on the Spider-man and his amazing friends show, and since that's the arc we're doing right now...
Well, if Magneto only wastes an issue we could see his debut.

The odds are still high his entire appearance is a three panel bank scene though.

I think he should be a master of disguise like in the movie The Saint, a master of espionage and theft. Nothing super natural, just realistic wigs, great vocal control, etc.

Ironically that's what 616 Chameleon was for the longest time, just a normal guy with a talent for disguise. It wasn't until later that he got a power upgrade that let him be shape shifter.

I heard a while back that Bendis was thinking about how to intro. the Chameleon. Guess he hasn't figured how yet, or he could of just given up on the idea.

If he we're to show up... I think he should look kinda like that guy from Harry Potter, Lord Voldemort.

HarryPotter.jpg

Good idea that is a cool look. The face mask is kinda his trade mark, for obvious reasons he never had a set costume, though he tended to be well dressed, wearing smoking jackets and business suits often.

I don't see why see why he is hard to adapt. Okay he is pretty different from most other spidey villains, but that's what makes him interesting. He doesn't want to engage Spidey in a fist fight, because he knows he would lose, there is no way he can win. Instead he relies on cunning, mind games and misdirection to trip Spidey up. Spidey could beat him if he could find him, the problem is finding him. He can't a pose a direct threat to Spidey, but he can pose an indirect threat. He is not the kinda of villain you fight with your fists, you have to beat him a battle of wits instead. I mean surely Bendis can handle a purely cerebral villain now and again.

The whole point of the Public Scrutiny arc was that this guy was no one, and he still managed to damage spider-man and Peter Parker (Since Captain Stacy died). He was not the Ultimate Chameleon or the Ultimate anyone.

Okay, just wanted to make sure.

Can't say anything on the face mask, but it's true Spider-man's enemies (except for maybe the Kingpin) don't use too much of their intelligence. Also, when I wikied the Chameleon it appears he showed up on the Spider-man and his amazing friends show, and since that's the arc we're doing right now...
Well, if Magneto only wastes an issue we could see his debut..

I doubt it, he was in like one episode and so was Magneto. I think Magneto is the villain for the entire arc, adding Chameleon would just make the whole thing too crowded. Plus I don't think Chameleon is stupid enough to mess with both the X-Men and Spidey at the same time.

The odds are still high his entire appearance is a three panel bank scene though.

That would be sad, typical, but sad.

Last edited:
Any way when did Bendis say he was considering putting the Chameleon in USM?

I heard about it early last year, like in February. But you never know with Bendis. He changes his mind about characters and how he's going to introduce them all the time.

I think Chameleon should just never be seen.

He's a master of disguise with absolutely no 'white-skin default look' schtick.

The only indication we get it's "The Chameleon" is that each time he crosses paths with Spider-Man --- in different guises --- he recognizes him and so Spider-Man just has this continuing history with a person who never appears in the same shape/face/build/sex ever.

remember when the Chameleon had that goofy camera in the 90's cartoon?

who's idea was that?

That show was for kids and suffered from heavy censorship, that was far from the most stupid thing in that show.

I think Chameleon should just never be seen.

He's a master of disguise with absolutely no 'white-skin default look' schtick.

The only indication we get it's "The Chameleon" is that each time he crosses paths with Spider-Man --- in different guises --- he recognizes him and so Spider-Man just has this continuing history with a person who never appears in the same shape/face/build/sex ever.

That would be interesting, though perhaps a bit tricky to pull of.

Would he be like the Joker, with no real backstory or civilian ID? A boogeyman like figure, who is scary because no one knows anything about him and he could be anyone. That could interesting.

I heard about it early last year, like in February. But you never know with Bendis. He changes his mind about characters and how he's going to introduce them all the time.

Thanks, it seems shame that Bendis can't fit Chameleon in USM.

Last edited:
It seems like Ultimate Chameleon did appear already. He was "just some guy" in vol 5. According to Marvel.com the imposter was Ult. Chameleon. It was in the chracter bios for when War of the Symbiotes was just beginning.

It seems like Ultimate Chameleon did appear already. He was "just some guy" in vol 5. According to Marvel.com the imposter was Ult. Chameleon. It was in the chracter bios for when War of the Symbiotes was just beginning.

That would be pretty lame if true and a waste of a perfectly good character.

Latest posts

Back