Ultimate Charles Xavier - Good or Bad?

Do you trust Charles Xavier?

  • Yes, Xavier's intentions are evil. Will have mankind wiped out.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xavier is a perfect angel and isn't doing anything shady.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    28

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Same deal as the Nick Fury thread. I'm having some problems on other sites with people trusting authority. In light of the events of #58 some people love to speculate that Xavier is not be trusted and even go as far as calling him "evil".

How do you feel about Charlie?
 

Ultimate Gambit

Well-Known Member
I just can't imagine Xavier as evil (well except for the time Cassandra Nova took his body.....that was awesome) he just doesn't fight the good fight just so he can be evil hes a good man
 

ultimatedjf

Well-Known Member
I voted for the first one; Chuckie could do something bad if it was all for good in the long run (kinda like "24", and almost killing Syndicate's sis meaning he's not a perfect angel)







600 posts!!!!! :rockon:
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Charlie is still a good guy. Yes, his character is a bit more shady and a tiny bit more darker than his 616 counterpart, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be evil. At least, not under his own influence. He does what he does to do what he can for the mutant/human co-excistence, but he still knows where his limits are, and how he can go around them if he has to, without becoming an evil man.
 

ultimatedjf

Well-Known Member
icemastertron said:
Charlie is still a good guy. Yes, his character is a bit more shady and a tiny bit more darker than his 616 counterpart, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be evil. At least, not under his own influence. He does what he does to do what he can for the mutant/human co-excistence, but he still knows where his limits are, and how he can go around them if he has to, without becoming an evil man.


A la Jack Bauer. :wink:
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Charlies a good guy. Maybe he made some mistakes, maybe (atleast in my opinion) he's a bit of a hipocrit, but he's still a good guy.
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
I thought I'd get more negative reactions to Ultimate Charlie.

Does anyone think he would really have killed Syndicate's kid sis?
 

ultimatedjf

Well-Known Member
TheManWithoutFear said:
I thought I'd get more negative reactions to Ultimate Charlie.

Does anyone think he would really have killed Syndicate's kid sis?


I believe he would have.
 

Caduceus

The Original Muffins Man
I haven't read the issue but Im not certain either way. On one hand, he's Charles Xavier and even in UU, he's still the biggest champion of peaceful coexistence and all that jazz. On the other....well, you know the other. I think its definitely not outside the realm of possibility with sufficient motivation.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
TheManWithoutFear said:
Does anyone think he would really have killed Syndicate's kid sis?

No. Way. Never in a million years.

Which is not to say he wouldn't tell Syndicate that he did.
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
UltimateE said:
No. Way. Never in a million years.

Which is not to say he wouldn't tell Syndicate that he did.

Exactly. I think people really misunderstood Vaughan's interpretation of Xavier when they read that.
 

Friday

Well-Known Member
He's not evil. What he is is ruthless, powerful, and cold. He's willing to do whatever is needed to achieve his goal. He's not subverting humanity, but if he needs to take over to keep things from all coming apart I wouldn't doubt he'd do it.
 

Bass

Nexus of the World
Mark Millar once said that he thought, since Xavier is arguably the most powerful leader of mutants on the planet, and that mutants are meant to replace us - he should unsettle us a great deal. We shouldn't trust him implicitly. There should be some anxiety or apprehension whenever he shows up.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Bass said:
Mark Millar once said that he thought, since Xavier is arguably the most powerful leader of mutants on the planet, and that mutants are meant to replace us - he should unsettle us a great deal. We shouldn't trust him implicitly. There should be some anxiety or apprehension whenever he shows up.

That's good - I'm glad that Vaughan is keeping that going.
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
If you guys are interested in characters like Ultimate Charlie I suggest you pick up Cable/Deadpool Vol. 2 because Cable is so ****in' unbelieveably like what we're discussing here... and it's a damn good read... that'll be for another thread.
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
Interesting poll. But I'm not voting, only because none of the options apply for me. I don't think Charles is a perfect angel, but I don't think he's evil or disinterested in co-existence.
 

Latest posts

Top