Ultimate Charles Xavier - Good or Bad?

Do you trust Charles Xavier?

• Yes, Xavier's intentions are evil. Will have mankind wiped out.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xavier is a perfect angel and isn't doing anything shady.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Same deal as the Nick Fury thread. I'm having some problems on other sites with people trusting authority. In light of the events of #58 some people love to speculate that Xavier is not be trusted and even go as far as calling him "evil".

How do you feel about Charlie?

I just can't imagine Xavier as evil (well except for the time Cassandra Nova took his body.....that was awesome) he just doesn't fight the good fight just so he can be evil hes a good man

I voted for the first one; Chuckie could do something bad if it was all for good in the long run (kinda like "24", and almost killing Syndicate's sis meaning he's not a perfect angel)

600 posts!!!!! :rockon:

Charlie is still a good guy. Yes, his character is a bit more shady and a tiny bit more darker than his 616 counterpart, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be evil. At least, not under his own influence. He does what he does to do what he can for the mutant/human co-excistence, but he still knows where his limits are, and how he can go around them if he has to, without becoming an evil man.

icemastertron said:
Charlie is still a good guy. Yes, his character is a bit more shady and a tiny bit more darker than his 616 counterpart, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be evil. At least, not under his own influence. He does what he does to do what he can for the mutant/human co-excistence, but he still knows where his limits are, and how he can go around them if he has to, without becoming an evil man.

A la Jack Bauer. :wink:

Charlies a good guy. Maybe he made some mistakes, maybe (atleast in my opinion) he's a bit of a hipocrit, but he's still a good guy.

I haven't read the issue but Im not certain either way. On one hand, he's Charles Xavier and even in UU, he's still the biggest champion of peaceful coexistence and all that jazz. On the other....well, you know the other. I think its definitely not outside the realm of possibility with sufficient motivation.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Does anyone think he would really have killed Syndicate's kid sis?

No. Way. Never in a million years.

Which is not to say he wouldn't tell Syndicate that he did.

He's not evil. What he is is ruthless, powerful, and cold. He's willing to do whatever is needed to achieve his goal. He's not subverting humanity, but if he needs to take over to keep things from all coming apart I wouldn't doubt he'd do it.

Mark Millar once said that he thought, since Xavier is arguably the most powerful leader of mutants on the planet, and that mutants are meant to replace us - he should unsettle us a great deal. We shouldn't trust him implicitly. There should be some anxiety or apprehension whenever he shows up.

Bass said:
Mark Millar once said that he thought, since Xavier is arguably the most powerful leader of mutants on the planet, and that mutants are meant to replace us - he should unsettle us a great deal. We shouldn't trust him implicitly. There should be some anxiety or apprehension whenever he shows up.

That's good - I'm glad that Vaughan is keeping that going.

If you guys are interested in characters like Ultimate Charlie I suggest you pick up Cable/Deadpool Vol. 2 because Cable is so ****in' unbelieveably like what we're discussing here... and it's a damn good read... that'll be for another thread.

Interesting poll. But I'm not voting, only because none of the options apply for me. I don't think Charles is a perfect angel, but I don't think he's evil or disinterested in co-existence.

Latest posts

Back