"Ultimate Conspiracy" theory - this all revolves around....

E

Excelsior Club
The Sentry.

I don't know this for sure, of course, but it makes sense if you think about it.

The first thing that made me think this is while I was reading The Sentry TPB (excellent, by the way, in case you haven't read it) and I noticed that Cloc looks an awful lot like the strange ball with wires coming out of it that we see on the cover of Ultimate Secret #1, down and to the right of Ultimate Captain Marvel. You can see the cover at http://www.marvel.com/catalog/showcomic.htm?id=1494&format=comic . If no one else does it first, I can try and scan a pic of Cloc and post it here.

After realizing that, I got to thinking about the mysterious deaths of the alien creatures (no escape...it comes and there's no escape...). Doesn't that sound like it could be caused by The Void? If you look at page 8 or 9 of Ultimate Nightmare #1 where it shows the images being shown on the TV - it shows the aliens bracing for something, then it shows a shot of what looks like outer space. Then in the next panel it shows space again - but in the middle of the panel it is completely black - no stars. You can see it here: http://www.newsarama.com/pages/Marvel/Ultimate_Night1/UltNtmr8.htm .

Does that not look like The Void?

Also notice there that the aliens that are bracing for something are looking into a bright light. The Sentry - who has the power of a million exploding suns, also known as the Golden Guardian of Good - fighting The Void?

Also, we know now that the trilogy is being called Ultimate Conspiracy. How many times in the Sentry series and crossovers was the secret concerning Sentry's disappearance specifically called a "conspiracy"?

How this ties into the object falling to Earth in the Tunguska region in 1904, I'm not sure. Maybe the Sentry is an alien instead of a human, and much like he was forgotten on Earth, he was exiled from his home world. Perhaps Ultimate Void is much more massive and powerful than the 616 version. Or maybe Sentry is a human but much like the 616 version was forgotten; he could have been fighting in space (remember Spidey said the 616 version fought Galactus to a standstill), fell Earth and was exiled into the Russian bunker instead of being allowed to live a normal life.

What do you guys think of this? Some of the similarities are too coincidental to be ignored. We've gotten hints that the Ultimate Conspiracy event ties a few "Ultimized" events together and is supposed to be pretty big. We also know that this will eventually involve just about every hero in the Ultimate universe - which is exactly what the original Sentry story did.

Thoughts?

UltimateE, is your surname Quesada by any chance?

That is bloody brilliant!

I totally concur with everything you have said.

It makes complete sense.

I have read The Sentry two or three times, but not for a while.

I thought the only way they could get rid of the void was to kill the Sentry, unless they made the Sentry forget who he was.

If this is the case, and I am aware that it might not be, how are they going to get The Sentry to act as a Superhero without reminding him of who he is?

It's no good, I'm signing off this site for a few hours, telling my wife to go out with her girlyfriends, take the phone off the hook, get in some nibbles and re-read The Sentry...

See ya in a bit.

longshotjimlee said:
UltimateE, is your surname Quesada by any chance?

That is bloody brilliant!

I totally concur with everything you have said.

It makes complete sense.

Thank you. :D

I just got it yesterday and read it for the first time last night at 2 AM - all in one sitting. I loved it. Again, I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it.

longshotjimlee said:
I thought the only way they could get rid of the void was to kill the Sentry, unless they made the Sentry forget who he was.

If this is the case, and I am aware that it might not be, how are they going to get The Sentry to act as a Superhero without reminding him of who he is?

Good question. I'm not sure. He is appearing in Avengers now, so we'll see what they do for 616. But yeah that's the way I understood it too - as long as there is The Sentry, there will be The Void.

But then again, when The Void "returned" in Sentry #1, he was returning without there being a Sentry. Unless of course that was Bob Reynolds going kooky - like his "dark side" so to speak telling him to become Sentry so the Void *could* return, if that makes sense.

So, if this is all about an Ultimate Sentry, maybe he himself is causing all this unknowingly.

Furthermore, and this is a little bit more of a stretch (pun unintended) - if Reed Richards is involved, maybe this could have something to do with fixing the continuity issues....hmmm...

To many people compare Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde with the Hulk.

I never caught on to that idea.

However, the sentry and the void is a much better comparison.

Also, bearing in mind what happened to Wanda, we go straight into another sitation using a character who is unable to control part of their psyche.

Maybe a neuro inhibitor could be used?

By the way, I take it you have seen Unbreakable with Bruce Willis.

Basically we have a character in that film who does not know that he is a superhero until someone reminds him of what he did when he was younger, (pretended to his wife that he had been injured during the car crash), and in so doing deliberatly supressed the super power that he had.

The comic book that the Samuel L Jackson character had given to him as a kid was THE SENTRYMAN and the character was dressed in a blue and gold costume.

The Film came out at the same time as The Sentry.

Co-incidence?

Also, a funny thing happened while I was just re-reading The Sentry. after reading the first few chapters I forgot that I had read them and I had to re-read them. It was as if something was trying to make me forget whathisname and to not try and remember thingymebob. What am I talking about?

longshotjimlee said:
Also, a funny thing happened while I was just re-reading The Sentry. after reading the first few chapters I forgot that I had read them and I had to re-read them. It was as if something was trying to make me forget whathisname and to not try and remember thingymebob. What am I talking about?

Haha - it's like a Ouija board. There are other forces at play here...

I did see Unbreakable but only once and had forgotten all about that part (?!). Nice call. And you're totally right about the Jekyl/Hyde comparison.

UltimateE said:
Haha - it's like a Ouija board. There are other forces at play here...

I did see Unbreakable but only once and had forgotten all about that part (?!). Nice call. And you're totally right about the Jekyl/Hyde comparison.

Little samuel is in the playground and his mum takes down a box. He opens it up and I think it's the sentryman comic.

Then later in the movie he is in the comic store and he is busy knocking things over with his broken leg as he sits in the wheel chair. He then picks up a comic and asks to buy it. Its the sentry man comic again.

I think this is what happens, I've got it on DVD and our watch it again later to find out.

It also reminds me of The Dead Zone. Not so much the tv series, but more the book and the film. Johnny has this power to help people, but at the same time it's a curse which is slowly killing him. It has robbed any joy out of his life.

OK, I just finished reading your theory, and man does it make sense! I haven't read anything on the Sentry, but reading what you wrote makes a lot sense. I can't wait to find out what really happens.

Now you got me all riled up for something that won't be happening for a loong time UltimateE!

You're theory went way over my head... Where would this fit in with the Kree and Captain Marvel showing up? Again, he'll have to have a pretty significant role in the series.

Who said it was called Ultimate Conspiracy?

Goodwill said:
You're theory went way over my head...

Have you read Sentry?

Goodwill said:
Where would this fit in with the Kree and Captain Marvel showing up? Again, he'll have to have a pretty significant role in the series.

Who knows? That's Ultimate Secret. I'm addressing mostly Ultimate Nightmare (and the cover for Secret #1). They've already said that these are 3 separate stories that all tie together. So how the Kree or Mahr-Vell fit into it don't mean too much right now. Maybe they come in to battle The Void.

Goodwill said:
Who said it was called Ultimate Conspiracy?

Marvel did. It's the name that the 3 minis will be collected under. It was announced at a recent convention, but I'm not sure which.

Ok i haven't read the sentry but i am aware in the very faintest way of what happens. Proper details would be great (hint hint)

The Kree and Captain Marvel could easily be tied in. If its the Sentry/Void they are clearly acquainted with space travel. A link between the Kree and Cap would be so very simple

Caduceus said:
Proper details would be great (hint hint)

I was trying to spoil as little of Sentry as possible, but if there's anything you have a specific question about, just ask and I'll answer the best I can.

Ok as i understand it, Sentry is this big hero but for some reason, everyone was made to forget he existed and he was made to forget he had powers. But whenever he remembers that he was Sentry, his nemesis The Void came back. Eventually, i think he defeated the Void but i'm not sure how this happened or anything else. I remember reading a summary of the Sentry/Archangel mini but i'm still sort of confused

I loved the fact that Stan Lee wasn't sure if he had written The Sentry or not.

A bit like Icemastertron not being sure if Beast is dead or not. :wink:

longshotjimlee said:
I loved the fact that Stan Lee wasn't sure if he had written The Sentry or not.

A bit like Icemastertron not being sure if Beast is dead or not. :wink:

Dude, DO NOT start that here. I'm sure he IS dead. Don't drag that mess here. :x

icemastertron said:
Dude, DO NOT start that here. I'm sure he IS dead. Don't drag that mess here. :x

Oops, sawry, I thought you weren't sure. It's funny how things can get confusing on this site.

Caduceus said:
Ok as i understand it, Sentry is this big hero but for some reason, everyone was made to forget he existed and he was made to forget he had powers. But whenever he remembers that he was Sentry, his nemesis The Void came back. Eventually, i think he defeated the Void but i'm not sure how this happened or anything else. I remember reading a summary of the Sentry/Archangel mini but i'm still sort of confused

Big time Sentry spoilers here. Don't read this; buy the book and thank me later.

That's about right. Sentry was the first and most powerful superhero in the Marvel U. Everyone loved him, heroes and citizens alike. But he developed a sort of "dark side" that came to be known as The Void, which was just as emmensely powerful as he was. Once it was determined what the Void was, it was determined that the only way to get rid of it and save the world would be to make Robert Reynolds forget that he was the Sentry, then make the world forget about the Sentry altogether. So Reed Richards, Reynold's best friend, concoted a plan to smear his name and make him forget.

Over the course of the series Reynolds starts remembering who he is, and consequently The Void comes back bigger and badder then ever before. He also gets the heroes (and everyone else) to remember him, and there's all kinds of cool backstories and flashbacks.

And now, of course, he is appearing in New Avengers. It's especially interesting to see what his role is, since he's basically more powerful than Superman and him being a hero puts the world in great jeopardy.

Latest posts

Back