Ultimate Daredevil-can anything be done with him?

The Overlord

Can anything be done with Ultimate Daredevil? It seems like he is an exact clone of the 616 DD, only a little more brutal.

I guess one thing they can do is play up DD's brutal nature. have him team up with spidey and they go an an "advenure" in Hell's kitchen. Instead of teaming against Kingpin (which is bit cliche), they face off agaisnt an ultimate version of one of DD's other rogues, who is sadistic serial killer or some other type of psychopath. When Spidey goes to hell's kitchen to help DD, it is way nastier then the rest of NYC and Spidey is shocked by the brutal tactics dd uses (beating a thug for info).

I think that would make a good contrast, Spidey is much younger than DD in the UU and hell's kitchen is the kinda place where you would need to be a bit brutal to survive.

They could, but I can't imagine anything they could do that wouldn't jsut be rehashing what's already been done in mainstream UU.

The reality is taht Daredevil is pretty much the perfect comic book character. They've reinvented him and honed everything to make him that way. It ws a great concept for an extremely interesting character that has been made even more so by Frank Miller and Bendis.

Read Frank MIller's Man Without Fear - that's about as Ultimate as Daredevil gets. I can't really see him offering much to the UU other than what he is. There's nothing to ultimize.

They could, but I can't imagine anything they could do that wouldn't jsut be rehashing what's already been done in mainstream UU.

The reality is taht Daredevil is pretty much the perfect comic book character. They've reinvented him and honed everything to make him that way. It ws a great concept for an extremely interesting character that has been made even more so by Frank Miller and Bendis.

Read Frank MIller's Man Without Fear - that's about as Ultimate as Daredevil gets. I can't really see him offering much to the UU other than what he is. There's nothing to ultimize.

I agree. Like The Punisher theres nothing to cut away or streamline. He's already Ultimate Daredevil. Anything else would be a disservice to the original.

Or be Darkdevil.

That's likely correct, but still they can do something with him story wise, it seems like he is fairly underdevloped in the UU.

Heck even have Ultimate spidey fight a DD villain for a change (not counting Kingpin who started off as a Spidey villain or Gladiator who was jsut a joke villin). Spidey fighting a serial killer might be amusng for an arc, but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

Plus since Spidey is younger and more naive, you can sraw more contrasts between him and DD in the UU, then could in the 616 U.

You know what would be kind of nice? If the UU was the universe where a Daredevil storyline could have a happy ending. A little peace for the character. God knows he'll never get any in 616.

You know what would be kind of nice? If the UU was the universe where a Daredevil storyline could have a happy ending. A little peace for the character. God knows he'll never get any in 616.

Didn't Electra give him a few "happy endings" when they were dating:wink:

I kind of had an idea for an Ultimate Daredevil, but I didn't really work it out completely. I kind of like him as the older mentor to the younger UU heroes, though.

I kind of had an idea for an Ultimate Daredevil, but I didn't really work it out completely. I kind of like him as the older mentor to the younger UU heroes, though.

But besides Spidey all the young heroes are members of the X-men, there aren't that many pupils for DD.

In what way, like a more traditional story where he beats up a villain and hands him over the cops?

Last edited:
I suppose, they are already in DD's merry little band though. What would they do besides fight Kingpin? How would DD train them?

They shouldn't be a team to begin with. It seems like those two just want to be on their own and not necessarily fight crime at all. Maybe Daredevil pushes them into it somehow. Which would be the opposite of how he treats Spidey.

They shouldn't be a team to begin with. It seems like those two just want to be on their own and not necessarily fight crime at all. Maybe Daredevil pushes them into it somehow. Which would be the opposite of how he treats Spidey.

But its canon that they are in DD's team now (Marvel Knights arcs) so its kinda hard to work around.

To be honest---I don't think so.

What would be interesting would be to meld the idea of Ultimate Daredevil with Daredevil 2099.

Marvel_knights_2099.jpg

What I would do, since they've never officially said how old Kingpin actually is, is to create a backstory where we find out that Matt Murdock was actually adopted by Jack Murdock. He finds out that his real father is actually Wilson Fisk.

Matt still attempts to destroy Fisk's empire....but begins to take more drastic steps to reach his goal. And ultimately he does indeed takedown Kingpin, but realizes that in order to compensate for the power vaccum and that to make any relevant change, someone must head up crime in the city. DD decides that he will become the new Kingpin.

And as such he must struggle to find the balance between good and acceptable evils. This would lead the character's book to be a lot like the duality of TV's Dexter.

Granted, this idea sounds horrible at first glance, but this is all off the top of my head and done for the sake of making DD different rather than just a 616 cut-out.

Ultimate Daredevil seems more of a team player than 616. Ultimate Knights might work as a mini, just because we wanna see all these underused characters. but the same thing in 616 wouldn't work.

I also hate the way in the daredevil mini's Murdoch takes a big stand against Elektra and it's clear why he's a lawyer to take down the bad guys legitimately. Those mini's were really good daredevil stories, and had good daredevil characterisation.

Bendis kinda ignored them and made Daredevil wanna kill Kingpin. There should've at least been more of an attempt at DD trying to take down Kingpin and really getting to the end of his tether, before saying right we're gonna kill him.

Latest posts

Back