Ultimate Daredevil storylines

Ultimate Daredevil Annual #2: A Mother's Love

Matt and Karen are back together. Karen is worried that he's unwilling to commit to anything more than dateing. Why is The Man Without Fear's greatest fear seem to be women? Things get more complicated as Mr. Fear returns and wants to know what makes Daredevil tick? After giving him a dose of FEAR GAS. Matt starts hallucinating. He finds himself being nursed to health by a kindly nun that brings back flashes of his childhood. Who is Sister Maggie? And will Daredevil get better before Mr. Fear can start taking advantage of Daredevil's absence?

The annual is a special issue that focuses on Maggie. I want to think of an arc that deals with Mr. Fear so that we can really give him an ultimate treatment and put him in his rightful spot as one of Matt's greatest enemies. The arc could probably deal with Fear working behind the scenes studying Daredevil's moves and possibly being the one who learns of his identity instead of Kingpin in the Ultimate Universe.

And Yes, I did say #2. This annual takes place after enough time where Matt can cope with Elektra's death, which we'll see in his hallucinations. The first annual deals with the other great DD villain and his origin.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Ultimate Daredevil Annual #2: A Mother's Love

Matt and Karen are back together. Karen is worried that he's unwilling to commit to anything more than dateing. Why is The Man Without Fear's greatest fear seem to be women? Things get more complicated as Mr. Fear returns and wants to know what makes Daredevil tick? After giving him a dose of FEAR GAS. Matt starts hallucinating. He finds himself being nursed to health by a kindly nun that brings back flashes of his childhood. Who is Sister Maggie? And will Daredevil get better before Mr. Fear can start taking advantage of Daredevil's absence?

The annual is a special issue that focuses on Maggie. I want to think of an arc that deals with Mr. Fear so that we can really give him an ultimate treatment and put him in his rightful spot as one of Matt's greatest enemies. The arc could probably deal with Fear working behind the scenes studying Daredevil's moves and possibly being the one who learns of his identity instead of Kingpin in the Ultimate Universe.

And Yes, I did say #2. This annual takes place after enough time where Matt can cope with Elektra's death, which we'll see in his hallucinations. The first annual deals with the other great DD villain and his origin.

Good idea, we're both using Mr. Fear a lot and trying to establishing him as a DD archvillain.

Though actually in the 616 MU, two of the Mr. Fears, Starr Saxon and Larry Cranston discovered DD's secret ID long before Kingpin did.

It be cool to see Maggie face down Mr. Fear.

Last edited:
You know what would be cool in Break Out, the Gael is giving giving Bullseye lip so Bullseye burns the Gael's face with the prison laundry pressing machine leaving him deformed.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Yes it would. Villain Vs. Villain is always cool. Are the villains getting out in your Breakout arc?

Yeah, but I'm not sure which ones yet.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think it'd be cool to see a an arc that has Kingpin put a price on Daredevil's head and we get an all out free for all as Hell's Kitchen is invaded by hitmen.

Yeah that would be cool.

Ultimate Daredevil Annual #1: Bullseye

What makes the Ultimate Universes craziest assasin tick? Welcome to the world of Benjamin Pondexter. Coming from a broken home. A whore for a mom and multiple fathers. We explore the man who would be known to the underworld as Bullseye and the events that lead him to the top of the food chain.

Includes

His first kill: Benny gets rejected by his high school crush. When he comes face to face with the girl's boyfriend on the baseball diamond he takes the oppurtunity to vent. Pegging the kid in the face with an over 100 mph fast ball. Shoving the kids nose bones into his brain and instantly killing him. It was an "accident".

His first job: Phillipe Bazin is the head of all crime in Chicago. When Bullseye kills one of his own thugs Bazin hires him full time. Who needs college?

His first fight with a super-hero: A new vigilante's hit the streets of Chicago and cleaning up pretty good. When Hawk-Owl finds himself face to face with Chicago's most feared, how will he do against his first real deal bad guy? Well, it's not Hawk-Owl's book kids!!

So yeah, I wanted to flesh out the man whose going to impact Ultimate Daredevil's life.

Runnin with Hawkeye's Morlock idea. I'm gonna move some things around and make my own but obviously it's largely inspired.

Ultimate Daredevil: The Mutant Massacre

It's been months since Sinister killed mutant kids across the city. Now more mutants are littering the streets and back alleys. The media doesn't care because these mutants don't come from well off families and most of the faces, if not deformed by the attacks, aren't picture friendly. Daredevil does his own investigation but finds that he's not alone. A mutant known as Callisto feels she's let her people down and wants revenge on whoever is endangering the morlock's lives. The trails lead to a priest. But what's his deal with mutants? And there's no trace of murder weapons? But whenever Daredevil's around him he can swear he smells gunpowder and lighterfluid.

*All right, so the deal is Bushwacker is the priest. He's a mutant who hates himself and hates mutants. Get it?

Also, thinking about adding the X-Men... but it might be overkill and it could be easily explained that they simply didn't hear about this like the rest of the world or were busy.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Runnin with Hawkeye's Morlock idea. I'm gonna move some things around and make my own but obviously it's largely inspired.

It's been months since Sinister killed mutant kids across the city. Now more mutants are littering the streets and back alleys. The media doesn't care because these mutants don't come from well off families and most of the faces, if not deformed by the attacks, aren't picture friendly. Daredevil does his own investigation but finds that he's not alone. A mutant known as Callisto feels she's let her people down and wants revenge on whoever is endangering the morlock's lives. The trails lead to a priest. But what's his deal with mutants? And there's no trace of murder weapons? But whenever Daredevil's around him he can swear he smells gunpowder and lighterfluid.

*All right, so the deal is Bushwacker is the priest. He's a mutant who hates himself and hates mutants. Get it?

Also, thinking about adding the X-Men... but it might be overkill and it could be easily explained that they simply didn't hear about this like the rest of the world or were busy.

You really like the 'Darwinism' arc I came up with don't you? Thanks MWoF. That means a lot coming from you. Although, it might be much making Bushwacker a priest.

It's fantastic 4 a devil:

DD gets ambushed by the 'Dactly Crew. The Fantastic 4 rescue him and help him recover, and Reed gives him a knew billy club with more tricks and gizmos than the last. DD and the F4 set out as to why the 'Dactly Crew ambushed DD and what connection the y have to Dr. Doom.

Hawkeye101 said:
You really like the 'Darwinism' arc I came up with don't you? Thanks MWoF. That means a lot coming from you. Although, it might be much making Bushwacker a priest.
Yeah, I do. Bushwacker as a priest isn't so out there. He was one before he became the hitman and I've always liked that part of Stephen King's Silver Bullet.

Hawkeye101 said:
It's fantastic 4 a devil:

DD gets ambushed by the 'Dactly Crew. The Fantastic 4 rescue him and help him recover, and Reed gives him a knew billy club with more tricks and gizmos than the last. DD and the F4 set out as to why the 'Dactly Crew ambushed DD and what connection the y have to Dr. Doom.

Good deal. I thought I had bad/cheasey titles. :lol:
I've also been working on a Fantastic Four/DD story but I wanted to incorporate Electro as sort of a nod to 616.. WHo are the Dactly Crew?

There's Something About Mary:

Typhoid Mary's good personality has finally emerged after years of being surpressed. Mary Walker is disgusted with her actions as Typhoid Mary and leaves the Hand. Mary Walker contacts Daredevil to get help. However Mary's personalities' keep on switching, meaning one minute she wants DD to help her and the nest she is trying to kill him. Things get worse when the hand tries to regain Mary as member.

TheManWithoutFear said:
His first fight with a super-hero: A new vigilante's hit the streets of Chicago and cleaning up pretty good. When Hawk-Owl finds himself face to face with Chicago's most feared, how will he do against his first real deal bad guy? Well, it's not Hawk-Owl's book kids!!
Wow! Much as it would upset me to see Danner get his butt handed to him -- I think he can stand out as a legitimate character, in his own right -- I couldn't think of a more appropriate way to establish Bullseye as a legitimate threat, without affecting the credibility of other characters who already have a significant role in the Ultimate Universe (other than maybe Gambit -- who is already dead, anyway -- or Wolverine, but I'd hate to see him pop up in yet *another* guest appearance).

The loser-goes-violent trope has been a little over-done in recent years, but it totally fits Bullseye's essential personality -- his real name is *Pointdexter* for Chrissakes! This is easily one of the better story ideas I've read on this thread.

Thing is, other than the presence of Hawk-Owl, though, what makes it stand out as an Ultimate story?

Perhaps a little off topic or not, but what should Ultimate Mr. Fear look like? One idea I had is making him look like the grim reaper, black tattered cloak, gloves that look like claws, white skull mask, etc. Is that good or too over the
top for UU?

Last edited:
The Overlord said:
There's Something About Mary:

Typhoid Mary's good personality has finally emerged after years of being surpressed. Mary Walker is disgusted with her actions as Typhoid Mary and leaves the Hand. Mary Walker contacts Daredevil to get help. However Mary's personalities' keep on switching, meaning one minute she wants DD to help her and the nest she is trying to kill him. Things get worse when the hand tries to regain Mary as member.
Nice way of reintorducing her.

You're gonna hate me again because I would've had her killed in the Big Time story.

The scenerio I was working on: They're about to summon "The Beast" which is the overall plot of The Hand and why Fury gets the team quickly over to Japan. There's a chasm where The Beast is supposed to come out of and Mary as part of The Hand's higher order is standing over it (She's already in her pyschotic state because the ritual was ruined. When Stick and her come face to face and words are exchanged. Stick trying to bring his former love back and Mary taunting him. They physically fight and Stick, though he could easily defeat her, is more playing defense. Mary stops and with a smile on her face, calls out Stick by his real name. Stick looks at her and she continues.... "Burn" she says. Stick catches fire but is not burning there seems to be a mystical aura over him protecting him from the flame. He jumps at Mary and the two fall into the chasm.

Those were my plans for her but again creative differences will happen and it's not like we're actually producing this stuff.

Wow! Much as it would upset me to see Danner get his butt handed to him -- I think he can stand out as a legitimate character, in his own right -- I couldn't think of a more appropriate way to establish Bullseye as a legitimate threat, without affecting the credibility of other characters who already have a significant role in the Ultimate Universe (other than maybe Gambit -- who is already dead, anyway -- or Wolverine, but I'd hate to see him pop up in yet *another* guest appearance).

The loser-goes-violent trope has been a little over-done in recent years, but it totally fits Bullseye's essential personality -- his real name is *Pointdexter* for Chrissakes! This is easily one of the better story ideas I've read on this thread.

Thing is, other than the presence of Hawk-Owl, though, what makes it stand out as an Ultimate story?
:p Thanks Compound!!
As for what else is Ultimate about the story... I'm not really sure what to tell ya. There's no mention of The Ultimates or SHIELD because this is a self-contained story. I did ultimize another marvel villain. Phillippe Brazin is actually a villain I thought would work for a crime-lord so I ultimized him. If New York has Kingpin... Chicago, since it keeps popping up, needs a head honcho too. You can find more on him Here
If you have any suggestions or tell me what you're looking for I could work on something else.
The Overlord said:
Perhaps a little off topic or not, but what should Ultimate Mr. Fear look like? One idea I had is making him look like the grim reaper, black tattered cloak, gloves that look like gloves, white skull mask, etc. Is that good or too over the
top for UU?
I swear we're all on the same wave lengths. I was sitting in philosophy thinking about the same thing today. I was having trouble seperating from the 616 look and I thought maybe he doesn't even need a costume but could just be a devishly handsome man... then I thought about putting the two together but either way I didn't come to a conclusion yet but it is on my mind.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Nice way of reintorducing her.

You're gonna hate me again because I would've had her killed in the Big Time story.

The scenerio I was working on: They're about to summon "The Beast" which is the overall plot of The Hand and why Fury gets the team quickly over to Japan. There's a chasm where The Beast is supposed to come out of and Mary as part of The Hand's higher order is standing over it (She's already in her pyschotic state because the ritual was ruined. When Stick and her come face to face and words are exchanged. Stick trying to bring his former love back and Mary taunting him. They physically fight and Stick, though he could easily defeat her, is more playing defense. Mary stops and with a smile on her face, calls out Stick by his real name. Stick looks at her and she continues.... "Burn" she says. Stick catches fire but is not burning there seems to be a mystical aura over him protecting him from the flame. He jumps at Mary and the two fall into the chasm.

Those were my plans for her but again creative differences will happen and it's not like we're actually producing this stuff.

:p Thanks Compound!!
As for what else is Ultimate about the story... I'm not really sure what to tell ya. There's no mention of The Ultimates or SHIELD because this is a self-contained story. I did ultimize another marvel villain. Phillippe Brazin is actually a villain I thought would work for a crime-lord so I ultimized him. If New York has Kingpin... Chicago, since it keeps popping up, needs a head honcho too. You can find more on him Here
If you have any suggestions or tell me what you're looking for I could work on something else.
I swear we're all on the same wave lengths. I was sitting in philosophy thinking about the same thing today. I was having trouble seperating from the 616 look and I thought maybe he doesn't even need a costume but could just be a devishly handsome man... then I thought about putting the two together but either way I didn't come to a conclusion yet but it is on my mind.

Man, you keep on killing off the villains and I never get to use them. :-x :D

Give a list of the villains your planning on killing off please.

Anyway, personally I think Mr. Fear should have a costume or at least wear a skull mask with a business suit. The reason being Alan F-agan is not very sane, he is a bitter and twisted man with a fear of failure. Since he has failed in life he hates himself and uses the costume and identity as a criminal to try to escape from his failed life. Also there pratical reasons for him wearing a costume, in his first outing as Mr. Fear, Alan would wear the costume so he would not be identified by any potenial witnesses and give his victims someone to focus on when under his fear gas. Besides of the serious Ultimate DD rogues, Mr. Fear is the only one wearing a costume.

The Overlord said:
Man, you keep on killing off the villains and I never get to use them. :-x :D

Give a list of the villains your planning on killing off please.

Stick Kills Typhoid, Bullsye's killed by Daredevil out of anger, Hyde is killed basicly by himeself. But it doesn't matter cos they're just what I was doing wtih them. You can still do you're own thing.

The Overlord said:
Anyway, personally I think Mr. Fear should have a costume or at least wear a skull mask with a business suit. The reason being Alan F-agan is not very sane, he is a bitter and twisted man with a fear of failure. Since he has failed in life he hates himself and uses the costume and identity as a criminal to try to escape from his failed life. Also there pratical reasons for him wearing a costume, in his first outing as Mr. Fear, Alan would wear the costume so he would not be identified by any potenial witnesses and give his victims someone to focus on when under his fear gas. Besides of the serious Ultimate DD rogues, Mr. Fear is the only one wearing a costume.
Yeah, he should have a costume. I don't think he has to be a bad looking guy though. Give me a scene where he's entertaining a female friend and goes all Christian Bale on her ***. Let's make him scary on the inside. Like the Typhoid "double personality" I'd like to see a costume used sparingly. This is The Ultimate Universe and there should be a more realistic twist on them. I would say Fear works mostly behind the scenes until he really has to come out of the shadows. Skull mask is a must though. I'd say give him the hoody under the zippered jacket look. I dunno if you know what I'm talking about but the werewolfs in Underworld sported them a lot. It's a more current look and it would distance his more pleasent/classier look to a street levelish style.

TheManWithoutFear said:

Thinkin' about adding X-Men to it. I don't wanna add the whole team maybe two members but I was thinkin' If Xavier knows about this and wants it investigated who would he send in to infiltrate the Morlocks? I really would like for Nightcrawler to show up but doesn't he treat Nightcrawler as a kid and holds him back or is it because of his appearance? Because if it was his appearance, let's throw him in there. Devils and Demons

TheManWithoutFear said:
Thinkin' about adding X-Men to it. I don't wanna add the whole team maybe two members but I was thinkin' If Xavier knows about this and wants it investigated who would he send in to infiltrate the Morlocks? I really would like for Nightcrawler to show up but doesn't he treat Nightcrawler as a kid and holds him back or is it because of his appearance? Because if it was his appearance, let's throw him in there. Devils and Demons
Yeah, if your going to have the X-Men, Nightcrawler could fit in quite well, I think.

Latest posts

Back