Ultimate Electro

The Overlord

Should anything be done with Ultimate Electro, he's been around for a while but we don't know anything about him, we haven't gotten any real insight into his personality. Is there anything to his personality besides being greedy and stupid? Does he have self esteem issues like 616 Electro or does he have a different personality quirk? Should he get his own arc?

I don't think he really needs much more added to him, personally. I like Ultimate Electro the way he is: a bad***, morally depraved criminal with superpowers. I like him being greedy and stupid. Some people just aren't all that complex.

I don't think he really needs much more added to him, personally. I like Ultimate Electro the way he is: a bad***, morally depraved criminal with superpowers. I like him being greedy and stupid. Some people just aren't all that complex.

Of course you can argue that 616 Electro was like too, till he tried to kill himself. the fact is 616 Electro is a superior character in terms of personality, even though he is still a B-lister, that's far more interesting then someone who is just a greedy thug. How is Ultimate Electro a good update when 616 Electro has more personality?

I have no problem with the way Ultimate Electro was done. The problem with USM's rogues gallery is every other villain is either lame or a one time throw away. You need variety, it doesn't always matter who get made into a compelling villain, but how many do

I have no problem with the way Ultimate Electro was done. The problem with USM's rogues gallery is every other villain is either lame or a one time throw away. You need variety, it doesn't always matter who get made into a compelling villain, but how many do

Still shouldn't updating often involve in making them more compelling or have deeper motives or better established personality, not less so.

However I agree with you, there is nothing wrong a one or two thug villains, with only two dimensions (STAS did a good job of expanding the characters of most of the Superman villains, but Parasite remained just a thug, ditto with BTAS, with Croc remaining just a thug), but outside of the big Four (Venom, kingpin, Doc Ock and Gobby) none of the USM villains are even remotely interesting (plus Venom is the only character who is an improvement from his 616 counterpart) Vulture, Scorpion, Electro, Kraven, Sandman, etc are all vastly inferior to their 616 counterparts, how is that an good update of these characters.

The only B-list villain who got any character development was Shocker and by then he was such a loser that I that didn't care about his cliched pissed off employee back story. Don't give the joke characters development, just use them in funnier ways. I don't care about Stilt-Man or Killer moth development as characters, I just want to see them used in funny ways. 626 Shocker is still more interesting, Ultimate Shocker has worn out his welcome as a joke character.

The reason I suggested ultimate Electro for development is he is the only non joke B-list character that hasn't fallen off the wayside, when's the last time we have even seen Ultimate Vulture, Rhino or Sandman? though perhaps there is potential with Ultimate Beetle.

It took thirty years before Vulture actually GOT interesting.

Which is not to say that Ultimate Vulture shouldn't need to be made better.

He does.

Just saying that Spidey's 616 rogues gallery don't set the bar so high either.

It took thirty years before Vulture actually GOT interesting.

Which is not to say that Ultimate Vulture shouldn't need to be made better.

He does.

Just saying that Spidey's 616 rogues gallery don't set the bar so high either.

That's true, but the difference between 616 and the Ultimate Universes, is hindsight. The 616 has had to create its universe through about 30 years of trial and error, the Ultimate Universe in theory, take what works and can forget what didn't work. Sure in the Silver age, most villains didn't have much in the way of personality or motives, but back in the Silver age, Marvel was blazing new trails by giving the *heroes* personality. Having Silver age level villain development in USM now, is far less excusable.

I know I will sound like a broken record, but in BTAS, they took the lessons of hindsight and used them to try improve their villains in terms of motives and personality (like giving Mr. Freeze an actual motive.) So I don't see why they can't do the same in USM.

If bendis can make 616 Purple Man more interesting he can surely do so with some USM villains.

That's true, but the difference between 616 and the Ultimate Universes, is hindsight. The 616 has had to create its universe through about 30 years of trial and error, the Ultimate Universe in theory, take what works and can forget what didn't work.
This is truth.

This is truth.

Indeed, though I think recent history in the Ultimate Universe proves that sometimes, in regards to this, theory and practice are two different things. :wink:

Anyway there is more then one way to have character development, even with villains. Sometimes instead of expanding their backstory, you can merely put the villain in a situation that they are normally not in. That may work for ultimate Electro.

For example Electro could be kidnapped by Ultimate Obadiah Stane, who hooks up Eelctro to his new "completely clean burning" power plant in order to have cheap energy he can sell to the NYC power grid. Spidey disocvers this and finds this process leaves Electro in constant pain. This gives Electro a chance to show different emotions then he normal does and gives Spidey chance to have a different reaction to Eelctro, pity. Plus Ultimate spidey has never been in an "Enemy Mine" situation, so it could fun to see Spidey and Eelctro team up to fight stane's forces.

Last edited:
For example Electro could be kidnapped by Ultimate Obadiah Stane, who hooks up Eelctro to his new "completely clean burning" power plant in order to have cheap energy he can sell to the NYC power grid.
Electro, providing clean renewable energy for America!!!!! :lol:

Electro, providing clean renewable energy for America!!!!! :lol:

Hey you laugh now, but you if Electro was real, he would have been declared an "enemy combatant" by Bush and Cheney, then would have sent to an undisclosed location and hooked up to the power grid. :wink::D

Hey you laugh now, but you if Electro was real, he would have been declared an "enemy combatant" by Bush and Cheney, then would have sent to an undisclosed location and hooked up to the power grid. :wink::D
See, if only terrorists and their suspected accomplices had electric powers. That would be the most politically expedient manner of winning the War on Terror, human rights be damned.

Last edited:
See, if only terrorists and their suspected accomplices had electric powers. That would be the most politically expedient manner of winning the War on Terror, human rights be damned.

Come on, you know my idea is good, because on top of all that, you have Spidey fighting Obadiah Stane and you know the jokes Spidey would make about his name alone, are worth the price of admission. :wink:

Come on, you know my idea is good, because on top of all that, you have Spidey fighting Obadiah Stane and you know the jokes Spidey would make about his name alone, are worth the price of admission. :wink:
You are reading sarcasm and mockingness where there is none.

Latest posts

Back