Ultimate Encyclopedia

Joe Kalicki

Here's something I created and have been tinkering with for a couple days now.

The Ultimate Encyclopedia

It's not even close to being finished, so I'm a little embarrassed to show you guys, but I thought you might be able to help out.

Now, I'm not looking for writing contributions or anything, at least until I get the format and some templates down, so everybody's locked out but me. But any ideas would be helpful.

Or for you image guys, any banners or character scans or something would be great.

Last edited:
This is something I've discussed doing with Ultxon and (I think) ourchair.

Would you be interested in moving it to this site? You could still have full administrative control.

Would you be interested in moving it to this site? You could still have full administrative control.

Well, I'm not too sure how I would do it here, but if you let me know, yeah.

It's not like I've put that much work into it yet, and wetpaint is kind of wonky so it'll probably save me a lot of headaches.

That's a fantastic idea. We miss having the character info on the site.

Well, I'm not too sure how I would do it here, but if you let me know, yeah.

It's not like I've put that much work into it yet, and wetpaint is kind of wonky so it'll probably save me a lot of headaches.

Actually if you preferred we could use the Wikipedia software. Or anything else for that matter. Wikipedia might be best to encourage more people to contribute...

And Ice is right - the character and issue things we used to have were very useful. It would be nice to have them back in some form.

I've got a bunch of Ultimate issue recaps I did for the Ultimate-X site that could probably be posted here as well, if that would help.

Actually if you preferred we could use the Wikipedia software. Or anything else for that matter. Wikipedia might be best to encourage more people to contribute...

I'm not very computer savy, which is why I used wetpaint to begin with, but if you set something up I'll run it.

Like I said, I basically just wanted to get the format down and then open it up to others. I've pretty much settled on what I want it to look like by now. I really just needed to figure out how to include as much information as possible.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm very comprehensive.

I remember Ultxon and I writing up a whole pile of bios and then you removed the feature.

And will this still be limited to the Ultimate Universe if we expand?

I'm not very computer savy, which is why I used wetpaint to begin with, but if you set something up I'll run it.

Like I said, I basically just wanted to get the format down and then open it up to others. I've pretty much settled on what I want it to look like by now. I really just needed to figure out how to include as much information as possible.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm very comprehensive.

That's a nice thing about a wiki - I can pretty much just install the software, announce that it's up, and we can all just start plugging away at it and it will take form itself.

That's a nice thing about a wiki - I can pretty much just install the software, announce that it's up, and we can all just start plugging away at it and it will take form itself.

Well, it's up to you.

If I don't like it I'll just do my own anyway!

Are you still interested in doing this, E?

I'm done with my online classes and I'm about to have a lot of work-free time on my hands and was thinking getting back to work on this.

Am I the only one who's thinking that an encyclopedia dedicated to the Ultimate Universe isn't really relevant for the site now that we have the broader direction?

Latest posts

Back