Ultimate End

jeremiahvedder

If they do decide to cancel the ULTIMATE UNIVERSE (no signs now, just speculation from the other thread), I truly believe an Ultimate Onslaught would be the way to go, coupled with a HOUSE OF M-like disaster. I've separated this from the other since it seemed like a wholly different discussion... But, if Marvel were to cancel the Ultimate line, what kind of villain or event do you think would epitomize them going out in a blaze of glory?

no, and no.

make it a happy ending. why does stuff always have to blow up to end. make super world happen, and make it a successful happy earth, or make all the heroes hang up their stuff, and retire because they want the world to be back the way it was. meaning normal people, and captain america kicking everyones ***.

the second no was to onslaught and thanos. NO.

iceman said:
no, and no.

make it a happy ending. why does stuff always have to blow up to end. make super world happen, and make it a successful happy earth, or make all the heroes hang up their stuff, and retire because they want the world to be back the way it was. meaning normal people, and captain america kicking everyones ***.

the second no was to onslaught and thanos. NO.

Nothing wrong with a happy ending, though I wouldn't like all of the heros to hang up their stuff. Also, since its the ultimate universe I would expect Thanos and Onslaught not to be like their 616 counterparts.

I think they should have one last HUGE *** crossover, some really big event to go out one, then issues showing what happened afterwards, what will happen, and some vague predictions leaving a door open just in case. They need one big ending thing because the UU is so tied closely together that they are all invloved in each others lives. Maybe like a character like Apocalypse taking over the world or Doom, or a coalition of those guys and others.

I think something in the vein of Paradise X or Promethea would be the way to go.

Solemn, beautiful, and sincere.

Not a big fight with a villain that wins this time because he's lucky.

Bass said:
I think something in the vein of Paradise X or Promethea would be the way to go.

I'm not saying have the villain win, just one last hoorah before cancellations

Ah... But what about a villain who wins because he's BAD ***?!?

Random had it right, though. That's exactly how it should be done, if it ever comes to pass.

All the heroes at Bucky's funeral, with Captain America finally giving up on America.

NO Onslaught and (Dear God...) NO House of M. I'd like to see a completely original story and something very simple. Maybe an all out war between the heroes and the villains. No time travel, no cosmic ****, and no messing with people's minds, just something very pure and narrated in a sort of dream-like third person perspective. In the end, the heroes make it so that they aren't needed anymore and they retire. We see an epilogue of where the characters go and how the world continues, leading to a somber ending. That's how you do it.

Legacy Virus to take care of the X-Men, a violent battle against an impossible villain to take out the Ultimates, the death of one of the UFF which leads to the rest to retire, and Spider-Man stands alone wondering about how everyone's getting these powers and they're going to hell for it.

jeremiahvedder said:
If it was Thanos, I'd shoot myself.

He's a horrible villain.

In 616, maybe. But this is the Ultimate universe, friend, meaning there could be very big differences between the two...course, we'll be seeing the Ultimate version of Thanos soon in Carey's run on UFF, starting with UFF #33.

Bass said:

moonmaster said:
NO Onslaught and (Dear God...) NO House of M. I'd like to see a completely original story and something very simple. Maybe an all out war between the heroes and the villains. No time travel, no cosmic ****, and no messing with people's minds, just something very pure and narrated in a sort of dream-like third person perspective. In the end, the heroes make it so that they aren't needed anymore and they retire. We see an epilogue of where the characters go and how the world continues, leading to a somber ending. That's how you do it.

Go read something from Vertigo you ****ing hippies.

i like the idea of Spiderman being the only hero left. and legacy virus kills the muntants. cap would never give up on the idea of america. maybe he'd give up on america but not what America at it's best stands for. he'll always fight for that.

jeremiahvedder said:
All the heroes get 100 untraceable bullets.

Yeah, but without carte blanche, what does it matter? :p

DIrishB said:
Go read something from Vertigo you ****ing hippies.

Look, if we read Vertigo we'd be hippy-goths, which is too much for me.

And I read Vertigo. I get Loveless, 100 Bullets, Y the Last Man, I've read some Hellblazer, tried Testament and thought it was toss, got all of The Invisibles, Vinmanarama!, Seaguy, We3, I'm thinking of trying Bite Club... and maybe Fables as people keep harping on about it. Something about Fables is putting me off, I dunno what.

All this, and I ain't no goth. :D

Bass said:
Yeah, but without carte blanche, what does it matter? :p

Look, if we read Vertigo we'd be hippy-goths, which is too much for me.

And I read Vertigo. I get Loveless, 100 Bullets, Y the Last Man, I've read some Hellblazer, tried Testament and thought it was toss, got all of The Invisibles, Vinmanarama!, Seaguy, We3, I'm thinking of trying Bite Club... and maybe Fables as people keep harping on about it. Something about Fables is putting me off, I dunno what.

All this, and I ain't no goth. :D
Then apparently, you should read Sandman.

I'm sure it's good, I quite like Gaiman, but it doesn't pique my interest for some reason. A friend of mine loves it, leant me a trade of it which I had for months, but I never, ever, got around to reading to it.

So maybe one day.

Bass said:
I'm sure it's good, I quite like Gaiman, but it doesn't pique my interest for some reason. A friend of mine loves it, leant me a trade of it which I had for months, but I never, ever, got around to reading to it.

So maybe one day.

I'm the same way with Sandman. Looks intresting, but I never get around to it.

Fables is awesome, though. Probably my favorite ongoing comic outside of The Ultimates.

Last edited:
An Ultimate End for the Ultimate Universe...hmmm... it'd have to tie up a lot of loose ends and major plot arcs. We would need to see the end of the Genetic Arms race going on between countries, as well as an ease of Human/Mutant tesnsions. Probably an all out fight between some nationalist meta-humans and mutants would be suitable for a dual ending there. After various nations bring their Superhuman Inititives (read: Ultimates knock-off), they may want to try their hand at defending themselves from attacks by the Brotherhood, or may simply go pre-emptive on their *** and start a war themselves. In any case, that lays the ground for a universe wide cross-over to involve all the Ultimate title players.

Naturally we'd see the Ultimates, X-men, and FF doing what they can to stop or minimize the scale of the conflict. Sprinkle in a few characters that actually want to help fight on one side or another naturally. The end result of all this would either have to be an HOM type outcome, where the mutants are given tract of land to have as their own home (a la Magneto ruling Genosha) with Humans and Mutants finally co-existing, both rebuilding after the massive destruction that must have resulted after an even limited "race war" with the Ultimates and X-men (what's left of them, I would assume some of them would die in the big finale) keeping the peace with whatever new meta-human threat that pops up in the future. Where's Ultimate Spidey in all this? Well, he's always been more of a comman man's POV in any story, but I could see him being involved in helping mop up the corporate and criminal sponsored metahumans. I see him eventually joining the Ultimates in the aftermath of things, if not sooner.

The other alternative to a HOM-esque ending is one along the lines of the UFF time travel arc or Earth X: everyone or most everyone is imbued with super powers.

The end result is a push towards equality and tolerance. Throw in a big brawl/conflict/battle/war for eye candy and let the story take care of the rest. Some people end up dead, everyone else ends up changed forever. Most of the survivors live happily ever after. The (Ultimate) End.

Latest posts

Back