Ultimate Extinction #4 Discussion (Spoilers)

Ultimate Nightmare was the first part of the trilogy, if that's what you mean by "loving it since Secret".

I think this mini-series is shaping up to be the best of the Galactus Trilogy. It's just a really fun read, especially because we're seeing the heavy hitters (Or, at least the characters with the most influence) of the UU in a crunch to save the entire universe. This, to me, is a defining Ultimate Universe moment.

The Silver Men were actually cool. I was apprehensive at first about there being more than one Silver Surfer, however, now I really like the idea. I hope that we see more of the one that was in Manhatten... Hopefully, he can be turned into a character that works against Galactus or something.

Moon Dragon is kind of annoying. She's a clone, which I thought was kind of cool, but other than that I don't like the idea, really.

Goodwill said:
Moon Dragon is kind of annoying. She's a clone, which I thought was kind of cool, but other than that I don't like the idea, really.

:?

I liked this one, I was a little dissapointed that Mar didn't get chomped but oh well. I thought it was funny when sam was trying to "holler" at misty. Good read, good art. 4/5. Still umm... what the hell is the big deal with Reed and the adamantium? I didn't get it. I mean I know he's making something that's probably bad, but I thought they overdid a little and it could have came across better. Still liked it though.

I liked the part with Captain america said that he had no problem kicking a guy when he's down (he even prefered it). It made a distinct difference for that character from the 616 Captain America.

Last edited:
Matthew said:
This mini has pushed Mar Vehl to one of my favorite Ultimate charcters.

Can't wait for him to die in #5, thus removing the possibility of a fantastically cool, unique Ultimate ongoing focusing on him.

Sigh. :(

Bass said:
Can't wait for him to die in #5, thus removing the possibility of a fantastically cool, unique Ultimate ongoing focusing on him.

Sigh. :(

No chance he's going to die. You want to know why? They've completely removed his interactions with Danvers. I think it's unlikely they're just gonna let that go. I think Marvel will realize how popular he is and keep him around.

I really hope he gets his own ongoing. The Ultimate universe should be more than just 616 Lite.

Last edited:
I think an Ultimate Captain Marvel title would be neat... He could be the person to introduce us to the rest of the actual universe. No more of this aliens coming to earth... Let's take the fight to them, right? I could deal with that. :)

Then again, I would really like to see Captain Marvel join the Ultimates. :)

innocentboy said:
hmmm ... Mahr Vel VS the Chitari?

I've said elsewhere a huge pitch on how a Mahr Vehl series would be great as he explores the dead remains of the Ultimate universe since most of it has been wiped out by Gah Lak Tus. It would just be kickin.

DIrishB said:
What about 616 Dark? Oh, wait, thats Marvel Knights, right?

616 Dark is where Captain America is black. And Spider-Man too. Iron Man comes from the Middle East.

Ironically, Black Panther is an ironic name now, for the superhero who's really a white teenager desperate to get off his coke addict and look after his girlfriend's unwanted teen pregnancy.

Latest posts

Back