Ultimate Fantastic 4 #27 discussion [spoilers]

TheManWithoutFear said:
This time travel conversation is giving me a headache.

It's time travel. Think about it too much and your head will explode.

Bass said:
If tim is like gravity and space and linked, then the ability to travel forward would also allow travel backwards.

As I said, as far as current Physicists are concerned, the answer is no. It's impossible.

And some of these guys work on proving that alternate dimensions exists so it's not exactly like they are close-minded orthodox thinker that are affraid to think outside the box and want to imagine a safe and predictible universe!

But physicists are full of bull. That whole "light speed is constant" rubbish. Einstein just couldn't be bothered to put in the work.

There's a reason psychics and physicists are spelt so similarly.

It's because they're both wrong about everything, but can sometimes, be unnerringly correct.

PARADOXES AND CONTRADICTIONS UNITE.​

cmdrjanjalani said:
That would be like saying that America would have never been discovered if Colombus never sailed on an expedition or that without Thomas Edison, we won't have electronics.

That isn't it at all. The "Butterfly Effect" (in broader terms "a sensitive dependence on initial conditions") is something different entirely. Gleik's "Chaos" and Waldrop's "Complexity" cover it well, if you'd like to know more.
(I'm sure you could find something online.)
Some of the posters above get into it a bit, but if your jumping-off point is what you said above, those posts probably won't be enough.
(Sorry if I sould like a snooty jerk. I just find Chaos, et al, interesting.)
If that movie (which I haven't seen) implies that the "butterfly effect" is as you've described, it is wrong-headed.

As for President Thor, I've not read much Ultimate FF, but because this features an actual Ultimate, it has piqued my interest. Then I saw the zombie reed, and that tells me I've probably got another trade to read... what issues feature the zombies?

Latest posts

Back