Ultimate Fantastic Four #16 Discussion (Spoilers)

But the dialogue alone will be worth it, as will the look on Nihils face, if he had a face that is. Not to mention the smug satisfaction that we can have as that is what we thought would play out... gotta love that smug satisfaction of knowing how a story is going to turn out... have I ever mentioned why I don't read the Avengers? :)

ourchair said:
if that is absolutely on the mark then when UFF 17 comes out I guess it won't be as funny anymore since we'll have like five weeks to dwell on it.
Hopefully no longer than that... but given Ellis' track record...

I'm not sure it's Ellis' fault.

Ellis calls for a lot in his scripts, and Marvel underestimated how much time that would require (as is the case, apparently, for Iron-Man and Nightmare).

Bass said:
I'm not sure it's Ellis' fault.

Ellis calls for a lot in his scripts, and Marvel underestimated how much time that would require (as is the case, apparently, for Iron-Man and Nightmare).
Well it's not just Marvel but every other comic work he's done. But to be fair, his scripts are usually worth it, and I don't mean that in some categorical generalization in the vein of Ellis worship, they just are. Besides, whenever an Ellis Marvel book is late I always close my eyes and think, "At least it's not Planetay, at least it's not Planetary..."

ourchair said:
Well it's not just Marvel but every other comic work he's done. But to be fair, his scripts are usually worth it, and I don't mean that in some categorical generalization in the vein of Ellis worship, they just are. Besides, whenever an Ellis Marvel book is late I always close my eyes and think, "At least it's not Planetay, at least it's not Planetary..."
He is pretty demanding. He next series for Wildsotrm is bimonthly, right from the get go. If doing it up front keeps us on shipping dates then I'm happy.

Bass wrote:

Don't try to calm me down. You have only compounded your folly. YOU HAVE INCURRED MY WRATH!

Ah, but I love the Irish accent. I am torn.

Speaking of torn; the Sue thing vs the "they can actually breathe the atmosphere due to their fantastic biology". I dunno which to root for.

The Wrath of Bass...sounds like a cool band name! Especially for a band who does rock versions of Ace of Base covers! "Don't turn around...cuz you're gonna see my heart breakin'!" (I can't believe I know that much of any of their songs either...I must be spending too much time in doctor/dentist office waiting rooms.)

ourchair said:

I love Planetary.

*sigh*

anyways...back on topic

i think that the confusion of thing and reed surviving would be awesome
Then Ben realizes they're okay and proceeds to try and crush nihil's head in his bare hands. That would be priceless :lol:

I have an idea about johnny though. Even if he is burning his fat, you still need oxygen for fire. So, perhapes the n-zone has less or possibly no oxygen, so he has to burn more fat to compensate. I'm with whoever posted about him returning to normal once they get back home.

But the ship would have its own oxygen supply. And it's not as simple as all that because he hasn't attempted to 'flame on', and realise nothing was happening.
There is basically something about the very fabric of the N-zone that is having this effect on him. Though what, I dunno.

It's a pretty broad statement to make though, could cover nearly anything. Though if this is the case, I'm sure Ellis will give us something actually very feasible.

hmmm....well, if it has to do with the fabric of n-zone, i wonder if its affected the other's powers in some adverse way....

maybe johnny is some how linked to the sun nearest him or something like that

TheCell said:
hmmm....well, if it has to do with the fabric of n-zone, i wonder if its affected the other's powers in some adverse way....

maybe johnny is some how linked to the sun nearest him or something like that
Hey, that's a good thought to think on! :wink:

That's an interesting idea... Because, if Johnny were dying because of his powers, it would've happened when he was actually using them, right? I mean, I don't think we've seen his powers being used in this arc yet, so how could they have been the problem? Also, he was only sick right after they entered... I think that would be an excellent way to explain away the whole "Johnny's powers are killing him" deal because, let's face it, we'll have no Human Torch if he can't use his powers and live to tell a story.

Latest posts

Back