Ultimate Fantastic Four #19 Discussion/Spoilers

Goodwill said:
Also, the letter... If Nihil was shot with a death ray, wouldn't that mean that he's dead? What is that guy talking about? Forgive me if we know this person, but it's silly to ask if he survived when DEATH is stuck to it.
Not necessarily. It could have been made that it would kill others, and maybe only stun their own race.

But that's talk for elsewhere.

Last edited:
This was a really good issue. I liked the story and i really liked the style used in it.

The one thing I didn't like about this issue was the cover actually. The ultimate U has kind of a set cover format... and I know it's nitpicky but I really liked the consistancy of it, and the fact this cover didn't have the same format kind of irked me.

A little boon I know, but eh, that's me.

Rawb said:
The one thing I didn't like about this issue was the cover actually. The ultimate U has kind of a set cover format... and I know it's nitpicky but I really liked the consistancy of it, and the fact this cover didn't have the same format kind of irked me.

No, I agree. It wasn't even particularly clever. Too bad too, because it was a great drawing.

UltimateE said:
No, I agree. It wasn't even particularly clever. Too bad too, because it was a great drawing.
The cover to UXM #31 was similar to this, with the words and titles flying around and all that, and it still had the side bars.

Goodwill said:
This issue was great! I read it all the way through and couldn't help but want more. The story was strong from the get-go and the art, although it took some time, did really well portraying the Four (Especially, the Thing!). I can't wait for the second issue, supposedly it's going to spur what Millar's got going... Also, have we figured out who Rhona is yet? My guess would be Puppet Master or Alicia Masters, but I could be wrong. Who knows.

Also, the letter... If Nihil was shot with a death ray, wouldn't that mean that he's dead? What is that guy talking about? Forgive me if we know this person, but it's silly to ask if he survived when DEATH is stuck to it.

If Rhona Burchill is Alicia Masters, that wouldn't be her name. :) Also there's pretty much overwhelming proof that she's Ultimate Mad Thinker.

The letter editor seems to suggest that there's a chance that Nihil's alive. As long as it doesn't sound ridiculous, I won't mind. But it's okay for me if they kept Nihil dead.

Well goodz... good thoughts up to who u think she is... I'll bet my brothers life it's Ultimate Mad Thinker (ICe) .... anyway glad u liked it. Especially since u said Jae drew The Thing good... for some reason I think he draws monsters real good... He was awesome with The Hulk...

It's really amusing to see how everyone is splitting hairs over whether Rhona Burchill is the Ultimate Mad Thinker or not. I for one think she is.

As everyone else has mentioned, there's the (awesome) android: who appears to be some sort of artificially generated organic being (think Bishop from Aliens). The original Awesome Android also had a similar design made of unstable molecules and coded by DNA cultivated from gorillas.

Second, the Thinker (as he called himself, the word "Mad" was something dubbed upon him by the general public) unleashed his first major scheme by raiding the entire Baxter Building of the notes, designs and technologies of Reed Richards and used those to not only construct the Android but to turn the Baxter Building against the Four when they came back to reclaim it (they had encountered financial troubles at the time).

And thirdly, the Thinker was a prodigious mathematician who had rationalized equations for predicting human behavior and even supposedly random events. He was basically a hyper-calculator forever trying to predict his surroundings and how he could control it. Burchill's scheme to turn the Baxter Building into a game of human behavioral chess resonates with these points.

Lastly, Burchill was revealed to be a woman who failed to be accepted into the prestigious support of the Baxter think tank. She's got an inferiority complex and is obsessed with proving she is better than Reed Richards who she feels she was passed over for.

The Thinker from 616 suffers a similar neurosis, who is hell-bent on proving his own intellectual might and worth to the world. The fact that he has been bested again and again by Reed only exacerbates this and as such he is his primary motive for vengeance against the Four.

And there you go, inarguable evidence that Burchill is the Mad Thinker. Amen.

Is it me, or did this thread not pop up on the "latest posts" bar in spite of the fact that I posted on this recently? I keep refreshing after posting and it's not coming up. Weird.

Rawb said:
This was a really good issue. I liked the story and i really liked the style used in it.

Anyone remember USM #17? :wink: to whoever understands.

ourchair said:
It's really amusing to see how everyone is splitting hairs over whether Rhona Burchill is the Ultimate Mad Thinker or not. I for one think she is.

As everyone else has mentioned, there's the (awesome) android: who appears to be some sort of artificially generated organic being (think Bishop from Aliens). The original Awesome Android also had a similar design made of unstable molecules and coded by DNA cultivated from gorillas.

Second, the Thinker (as he called himself, the word "Mad" was something dubbed upon him by the general public) unleashed his first major scheme by raiding the entire Baxter Building of the notes, designs and technologies of Reed Richards and used those to not only construct the Android but to turn the Baxter Building against the Four when they came back to reclaim it (they had encountered financial troubles at the time).

And thirdly, the Thinker was a prodigious mathematician who had rationalized equations for predicting human behavior and even supposedly random events. He was basically a hyper-calculator forever trying to predict his surroundings and how he could control it. Burchill's scheme to turn the Baxter Building into a game of human behavioral chess resonates with these points.

Lastly, Burchill was revealed to be a woman who failed to be accepted into the prestigious support of the Baxter think tank. She's got an inferiority complex and is obsessed with proving she is better than Reed Richards who she feels she was passed over for.

The Thinker from 616 suffers a similar neurosis, who is hell-bent on proving his own intellectual might and worth to the world. The fact that he has been bested again and again by Reed only exacerbates this and as such he is his primary motive for vengeance against the Four.

Amen

Caduceus said:
Popped up for me but a few people have been noticing that recently.

Yeah, that's happened quite a few times. The page sometimes doesn't even load for me. Is this problems with the new server or something else?

Well, to put it in the only way I know how, I think it's too early to say. Sure, I would be open to it being the Thinker, but, from what I saw it could also, very easily, turn out to be the Puppet Master. I know that my comment about Rhona being Alicia was silly, but I swear, when I typed that up, I was on to something with that... Anyway, we'll have to see... Perhaps the solicitation was only stating that this character was from the Ultimate Universe's Fantastic Four's past. Could be. However, Mad Thinker it is since I'm in the majority here. I don't feel like getting in an argument with people who probably know better than me.

ourchair said:

You call that a manifesto? Where's the separate thread? Where's the scanned pictures? Where's the (let's be honest) charismatic charm of a living buddha?

You're a hack.

A hack with many, many good points.

But a hack.

I'm the real deal, babe.

Bass said:
You call that a manifesto? Where's the separate thread? Where's the scanned pictures? Where's the (let's be honest) charismatic charm of a living buddha?

You're a hack.

A hack with many, many good points.

But a hack.

I'm the real deal, babe.
If I'm a comic book hack, does that make me Mark Millar?

ourchair said:
A desperate, lonely Scottish communist who's sole pleasure in life is making fanboys miserable?

ourchair said:

Not at all. I like Millar. He isn't Asian.

BURN! :twisted:

Ah, I love ya Ourchair. I'd sit on you any time. :D

Latest posts

Back