Ultimate Fantastic Four #19 Discussion/Spoilers

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I feel like I shouldn't have enjoyed this issue. I think I should complain about the paceing or something. But in all honesty I did like it. I feel like this issue's sole purpose was to get our hearts raceing. It had almost a suspense thriller feel to it. I'm sure some people didn't warm up to it but I thought it was pretty cool and am looking forward to the conclusion.

Jae Lee's art is cool too.

Anyone have any clue who Burchill is? Because I'm lookin' all over the net and I can't even find a good site with a list of FF Rogues to it.... how annoying... I'm still banking that it's a female version of someone... most likely the Mad Thinker.

From the way she acted, I'd say Psycho Man.

I wanted Puppet Master though.

Mad Thinker would be cool too.

I loved the issue.

I dropped USM but kept UFF. :roll: Go figure, right?

Who is Pyscho Man? I say Mad Thinker because it says that the true identity is unrevealed so that gives some creative freedom to change the gender. It also explains no villains names being Burchill. It also says that Mad Thinker is intelligent but is limited to only figureing this out for himself. This would explain how she gets defeated because she has the think tank mapped out but where will she go after that?

I subscribe to all these issues so it takes a couple days after the release date for me to get them. And yet I cant help but check here to see what people think.. THE HORROR! not that my opinion is usually the same as anyone else's but whatever... Im hoping its the mad thinker remade just cos he looked so freaking retarded in 616 and having the thinker a psycho chick would be an interesting twist..

Goodwill said:
Oh, did we get one in this issue? That's great to hear!

Yeah, but once again, only one letter. But it takes up the whole page (along with the chatter from whoever responded to it) and it's really nice and detailed.

On a side note: EARLY RELEASE tomorrow!!!! I'll be home early, so, more UC!!! (Unless it's down, that is. :( )

Caduceus said:
Makes sense to me.

I was just about to say that if I had to choose between the two right now, I would probably have done the same.

i liked the issue, but i hated the art,that last arc reed looked a little older and this one he looks like a 6 year old kid. they all do.

Burchill is obviously the Mad Thinker. Firstly, the Mad Thinker used computer models to tell the future and he built a grey creature called "The Awesome Android". Apart from being female, it's MT. Also, I like the way she's obviously deformed her brain (probably put a computer inside it) to make herself smarter. I enjoyed the issue a lot. :)

TheManWithoutFear said:
What didn't you understand? Burchill took the entire Think Tank hostage. She's holding them prisoner.

Well, with all of it taking place in the dark, and the advanced and also robotic dialogue, I kinda lost track of what was going on.

Where did Ben go? And why does the big blob thingy anounce itself as Rhona? I thought that was like her partner in crime or something. I'm not familiar with most of FF 616.

ultimatedjf said:
Well, with all of it taking place in the dark, and the advanced and also robotic dialogue, I kinda lost track of what was going on.

Where did Ben go? And why does the big blob thingy anounce itself as Rhona? I thought that was like her partner in crime or something. I'm not familiar with most of FF 616.

Ben got taken out with the blob of gook. I don't know how it worked but he was unconscience because of it.
Ok, the robotic thing says it's Rhona because she is elsewhere talking through the robot.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ben got taken out with the blob of gook. I don't know how it worked but he was unconscience because of it.
Ok, the robotic thing says it's Rhona because she is elsewhere talking through the robot.

Oo, I read it a second time and totally understand it now. I think I may have been falling asleep when I first read it. :shock:

Latest posts

Back