Ultimate Fantastic Four #23 Discussion (Spoilers)

Bass said:
Erm... didn't any of you guys notice how weird everything was when they got back from the time travel? Thing is the only one who seemed to notice in the comic, but it's obvious something isn't quite right... and of course, their mum is alive too it seems...

Yeah, but that would seriosuly suck if Crossover and Tomb of Namor were also part of the alternate history. What would be the point of those two arcs if they just were going to change everything back at the end of President Thor? Plus, their mom has been gone for 15 years. Even she herself has said so. Sure, history may have changed due to the T-Rex, but it was probably only subtle changes. Not enough to go fix the mistake. No, I think they're going to seriously muck up history at the beginning of the PT arc and have to fix it.

My theory with their mom? Mrs. Storm is Atlantean and she's been in Atlantis this whole time. But this is the wrong thread for that.

Bass, what was different? I mean the mom being alive could be one thing but I didn't notice anything else.

I really hope she's not Atlantean. It's tough I want to see Namor and the whole deal but there's so much I don't want related to him and I just know it's gonna happen.

The maggot? People reacting to Thing in the crowd. The Ultimates reaction.

Just look at thing in the first issue - he's not fully aware of it, but the world is not reacting correctly and he seems to be the only one on edge - and he's the one that punched the dinosaur.

I dunno - they came back and the regular world just felt... weird. But only for that issue. Something's up. Dunno what.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Bass, what was different? I mean the mom being alive could be one thing but I didn't notice anything else.

I really hope she's not Atlantean. It's tough I want to see Namor and the whole deal but there's so much I don't want related to him and I just know it's gonna happen.

I just threw that out there. That'd be the most obvious connection to Namor. We know something to do with the Storm family has to do with this arc.

Bass said:
The maggot? People reacting to Thing in the crowd. The Ultimates reaction.

Hmmmmmm, I can see where you're comming from. I can understand subtle changes to the time stream, but I hope Mark leaves the massive time screw-up for the President Thor arc.

TheManWithoutFear said:

Maybe she just went missing while searching for Atlantis. Thats the first thing I thought.

I want to see what happens to the survivors of the Zombie attack.

Just wanna make a point about this arc. It really is Millar showing the differences between 616 and the UU. Ben taking out the Hulk with one punch, Sue making all the zombies blind, easily trapping the zombie FF in a room and gassing them, popping zombie reed's brain. It's a darker and more intelligent world.

Will this be the major difference then from now on? Rather than no time travel stuff, and no alternate universes, we have all that the 616 has, it's just brighter.

If this is so, then we could expect some of the same crazy ideas like the watchers in the UU, done the same, just done with a little more intelligence?
Coz that seems like a cop out to me.

Guijllons said:
Just wanna make a point about this arc. It really is Millar showing the differences between 616 and the UU. Ben taking out the Hulk with one punch, Sue making all the zombies blind, easily trapping the zombie FF in a room and gassing them, popping zombie reed's brain. It's a darker and more intelligent world.

Will this be the major difference then from now on? Rather than no time travel stuff, and no alternate universes, we have all that the 616 has, it's just brighter.

If this is so, then we could expect some of the same crazy ideas like the watchers in the UU, done the same, just done with a little more intelligence?
Coz that seems like a cop out to me.

Well, seeing that Galactus in 616 is 30-foot man with a bucket on his head, while Ultimate Galactus is a swarm of 10,000 mechanical mile long bugs. . .I'd say the Watchers would be pretty different if they're even in the UU.

Lynx said:
Well, seeing that Galactus in 616 is 30-foot man with a bucket on his head, while Ultimate Galactus is a swarm of 10,000 mechanical mile long bugs. . .I'd say the Watchers would be pretty different if they're even in the UU.
Watchers are apparently pan-dimensional beings. This new take on the UU could introduce these guys as is.

Guijllons said:
Watchers are apparently pan-dimensional beings. This new take on the UU could introduce these guys as is.

We don't even know if the UU and 616 are even in the same multiverse. If they are, then yes, Watchers would be exactly the same. If they're not, however, then Watchers could be a completely different concept altogether, or they may not even exist. And with comments like "A 616/Ultimate crossover will never happen" by Millar and Joey Q, I'm pretty sure they aren't in the same multiverse.

Lynx said:
We don't even know if the UU and 616 are even in the same multiverse. If they are, then yes, Watchers would be exactly the same. If they're not, however, then Watchers could be a completely different concept altogether, or they may not even exist. And with comments like "A 616/Ultimate crossover will never happen" by Millar and Joey Q, I'm pretty sure they aren't in the same multiverse.
Ah, I think you're missing the point.

Guijllons said:
Ah, I think you're missing the point.

Guijillons said:

That's your point, right? I'm saying just because Millar shows a comparison between 616 and Ultimate doesn't mean we're going to get a concept like the Watchers. When you venture into things like the Celestials, the Watchers, the Eternals/Titans, the Shi'ar, or the Elders of the Universe, it becomes too much like a space opera. Sure, the Watchers 'could' be done more 'intellegently' (What if the Watchers created Gah Lak Tus as some kind of experiment. What if the Watchers AREN'T pan-dimensional), but that's when Earth starts to lose it's signifigance. The Chitauri, the Kree and Gah Lak Tus are all we should ever learn about Ultimate Space.

Bass said:
and of course, their mum is alive too it seems...

:shock:

Bass, you're a genius.

It didn't even occur to me that her appearance might have something to do with the time travel/T.Rex punch. Awesome.

UltimateE said:
:shock:

Bass, you're a genius.

It didn't even occur to me that her appearance might have something to do with the time travel/T.Rex punch. Awesome.

Actually, there's plenty of evidence that suggest this doesn't have to do with the time-travel. Where did Doctor Storm go? He got a phone call and hurriedly ran out of the building. The expression on the kids faces. I think it's more likely The Mrs. Storm was out of the picture than non-existent. If it was because of the time-travel and say that the time travelers (F4) weren't affected by it then Dr. Storm wouldn't have rushed off when he got a phone call.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Actually, there's plenty of evidence that suggest this doesn't have to do with the time-travel. Where did Doctor Storm go? He got a phone call and hurriedly ran out of the building. The expression on the kids faces. I think it's more likely The Mrs. Storm was out of the picture than non-existent. If it was because of the time-travel and say that the time travelers (F4) weren't affected by it then Dr. Storm wouldn't have rushed off when he got a phone call.

And she still was gone for 15 years. She said it herself. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Storm has simply been MIA rather than any time changes occuring

Lynx said:
And she still was gone for 15 years. She said it herself. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Storm has simply been MIA rather than any time changes occuring
Im with Lynx.

Hi, Lynx. I dont think we've formally met. Im icemastertron. Good to meet you. :D

I'm not saying that time travel is why she's back.

As soon as she came back, I thought "Ooh, this'll tie into Namor" and also simultaneously "Things've been weird in our universe since they time traveled, I wonder if this is connected."

I don't see being either one more valid than the other, so I've not picked a 'side' as it were. :)

Latest posts

Back