Ultimate Fantastic Four #24 (SPOILERS)

Lynx said:
THAT'S IT! THAT'S THE CONNECTION! We know President Thor will have something to do with the repercutions of time-travel. Doom had a time machine in 616! What if President Thor has to do with the FF trying to prevent Doom from altering history!? it could also explain why the five of them were previously mentioned! They EXISTED back then because the time-traveled back then!

I'm gonna say no to that one. We don't know that the President Thor arc will have anything at all to do with time-travel for one. I just think the name of the arc is symbolic.

Hey, does anyone else think it would be cool if Ultimate Invasion was a standalone mini that just involved the characters at that time. No bull**** timetravel just Captain America, Wolverine, Namor and any other ultimization they come up with for the mini to just take place in that time period and nothing else. If marvel does that instead of time travel I will be a lot more satisfied with the mini.

DIrishB said:
I'm gonna say no to that one. We don't know that the President Thor arc will have anything at all to do with time-travel for one. I just think the name of the arc is symbolic.

Wrong, we do know it has to do with time-travel. Read the letters page in UFF 23, it specifically says President Thor will deal with the repurcutions of time-travel.

TheManWithoutFear said:

You went and looked didn't you? :lol:

Well. . .hopefully this'll be our damn continuity issue explanation.

And as long as time-travel doesn't go out of the bounds of UFF.

Lynx said:
You went and looked didn't you? :lol:

I don't have the issue, I'm just taking your word for it. I guess UFF really needs those continuity explanations. I don't even have a problem with it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't have the issue, I'm just taking your word for it. I guess UFF really needs those continuity explanations. I don't even have a problem with it.

I'd like them. Plus. . .well, I guess time travel isn't that bad. Like I said, as long as it stays confined to UFF. I don't want time traveling mutants from timeline 45A to start popping up in UXM.

DIrishB said:
You never know. Sexual frustration would explain a lot about her attitude. Just ask Doc Comic. ;)
I like how just because I'm pointing out the obvious, you assume I've never had sexual relations. Think up a new comeback.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Hey, does anyone else think it would be cool if Ultimate Invasion was a standalone mini that just involved the characters at that time. No bull**** timetravel just Captain America, Wolverine, Namor and any other ultimization they come up with for the mini to just take place in that time period and nothing else. If marvel does that instead of time travel I will be a lot more satisfied with the mini.

I actually like the idea, except I think had something like this had happened it would have been mentioned by now. Thats why I don't mind it happening in present day.

Lynx said:
Wrong, we do know it has to do with time-travel. Read the letters page in UFF 23, it specifically says President Thor will deal with the repurcutions of time-travel.

No ****. I hadn't even noticed that.

You went and looked didn't you?

Definitly, I hope this is it. Sounds like it is.

Doc Comic said:
I like how just because I'm pointing out the obvious, you assume I've never had sexual relations.

It has nothing to do with you pointing out the obvious, like I said its just obvious. Especially since you refer to it as "sexual relations".

Think up a new comeback.

Soon as you think up something new as well. You've beaten the Hawkeye/USW thing to death a hundred times over.

Doc Comic said:
I like how just because I'm pointing out the obvious, you assume I've never had sexual relations. Think up a new comeback.
Actually it was me that called you a virgin.

(oops, OT, carry on with UFF now)

Last edited:
Guijllons said:
Actually it was me that called you a virgin.

(oops, OT, carry on with UFF now)

This is true, I just picked up the torch.

As for the topic, I wonder what Namor is going to do at the end of this arc? We know he's coming back for Ultimate Invasion, so is he just going to take off and start building his Atlantean army or something? I wonder if we'll see any giant crab robots things in UI.

Well, once again my second favorite ultimate title (ultimates is first) delivers the goods.

Mrs. Storm: I tend to side with the, "she's a fake" crowd. on the other hand she indicated that she got along with Mole-Man so maybe she's just a super freak. by the way, I wonder what corporation hired her? Does the Ultimate U have an evil international conglomerate yet? if not, perhaps this arc will be their debut.

Atlantis: didn't the mole man find evidence of Atlantian tech beneath the Baxter building? I thought that' s where his monster DNA came from? if so, why is Mrs. Storm showing up now saying we just found it. I think she's full of carp. :)

Zombies why are they still alive? vent the air from the room and dissect the corpses. look, I am all for heroes shouldn't kill unless it's a last resort, but come on, there's no hope of reforming Zombie FF.

Time Travel I can't entirely put my finger on it, but every since the time bandits story, the UFF just doesn't feel right. I keep thinking we are reading about an alternate reality UFF. any one else gets that feeling?

Wamu said:
Zombies why are they still alive? vent the air from the room and dissect the corpses. look, I am all for heroes shouldn't kill unless it's a last resort, but come on, there's no hope of reforming Zombie FF.

Without knowing what is planned for them, I like that they are around. I like things like that which tie story arcs together. I don't like stories that are completely wrapped up in the last issue of the arc.

Wamu said:
Mrs. Storm: I tend to side with the, "she's a fake" crowd. on the other hand she indicated that she got along with Mole-Man so maybe she's just a super freak. by the way, I wonder what corporation hired her? Does the Ultimate U have an evil international conglomerate yet? if not, perhaps this arc will be their debut.
Definitely is a big mystery. The fact she worked so close to Mole-Man doesn't take away from a fake I don't think. This chick could be part of the expedition that the Baxter building sent and she knew Mole-Man. No biggie.

Wamu said:
Atlantis: didn't the mole man find evidence of Atlantian tech beneath the Baxter building? I thought that' s where his monster DNA came from? if so, why is Mrs. Storm showing up now saying we just found it. I think she's full of carp. :)
Because he found technology and branching tunnels, not Atlantis itself.

Wamu said:
Zombies why are they still alive? vent the air from the room and dissect the corpses. look, I am all for heroes shouldn't kill unless it's a last resort, but come on, there's no hope of reforming Zombie FF.?
I would usually agree with you and rant about how stupid it is to have them alive and you're right it doesn't make sense to keep them alive. But I'm really enjoying them.

Wamu said:
Time Travel I can't entirely put my finger on it, but every since the time bandits story, the UFF just doesn't feel right. I keep thinking we are reading about an alternate reality UFF. any one else gets that feeling?
Looks that way but... Do we really want a "none of this really happened" story? It was fine when they did it to 616 Hulk in Tempest Fugit but there's no need to turn this decent-good run on UFF into a fake cop-out.

Right, aside from the lovely Mrs. Storm, Millar said that 'there's more to one of the FF than meets the eye right now too.', following with 'Can you spot the clues???'.

Erm, other than Johnny's hair, anyone got anything?

Guijllons said:
Johnny's hair

Ooh - good one. I didn't know Millar had said anything like that.

Ben would be good but I'd bet money on Johnny because he seems the most shallow.

That line where he tell Ben his eye didn't change after the accident and that he ''notices stuff'' is an indication that there is more going on in his head than he lets on.

Johnny was well written under Ellis' pen. I don't like Johnny in the least bit under Millar's. He's a typical teenager. He better have more to him than meets the eye.

This was an extremly good issue. I love Land's art in here. His Mole Man rocked. I loved the panel with Sue freakin out. The interaction between the Reeds was really good. I loved the ending also.

I havn't heard anything about Doom being in Millar's run. That is awesome news. And I hope that the Zombies aren't the Frightful Four. I want new villains.

Latest posts

Back