Ultimate Fantastic Four #36 Discussion (spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
The minions seem to not know any peaceful forms of public control but that doesn't seem to bother them and they activate their little toys anyway.

The Fantastic Four are in hiding with a injured and Powerless Johnny, and a comatosed Tesseract. Dreamcatcher assisting them.

Thanos takes over the body of one his loyal sergeants and begins his search for Reed.

Dreamcatcher insults Ben by asking if he was purposely altered to look that way as that's how it works in their world. They head off and go on a mission together. Reed and Sue stay in this torture chamber that they turn into a lab to help Tesseract recover.

Ben and Dreamcatcher make themselves known when Ben won't let an execution go through (very kick ***). Reed and Sue do what they can and exhaust themselves.

Elsewhere an old man talks to a tree spirit who gives him the lowdown, telling him to save Reed Richards and deploy armies into the danger zone (sorta speak -- weird but relevant)

Ben returns and Dreamcatcher announces they'll have company soon. Ben begins to complain about headaches and Thanos emerges as taken over Ben's body announcing his presence and Ben's short time to live on the last page.

4.5/5

I can't get over how happy I am with this. It reads very dark with this violent world they're on and so fantastic (no pun). I love the art and the story.

I was glad to see some actual fear from Reed and Sue in this arc. Honestly can't recall seeing that kind of talk from any of the four before. Believable reaction given the situation, and makes their actions that much more heroic.

Still loving how this is turning out. I know several fans won't be happy with Carey portraying Sue as this "scared little girl who just wants to go home"....but it really humanizes her. Yeah you can face great threats....but that don't mean you can't be scared at times.

Love the art.

I was glad to see some actual fear from Reed and Sue in this arc. Honestly can't recall seeing that kind of talk from any of the four before. Believable reaction given the situation, and makes their actions that much more heroic.

VVD said:
Still loving how this is turning out. I know several fans won't be happy with Carey portraying Sue as this "scared little girl who just wants to go home"....but it really humanizes her. Yeah you can face great threats....but that don't mean you can't be scared at times.
This is what I'm talkin' about with the setting. This place isn't just villainous. It's downright evil. It reminds me of a cross between Serenity and Hellraiser.

I hate the way they draw Sue.I am not obsessed about her , i am the redhead lover type , but i can't stand seeing her this way!! I couldn't even read the issue.Someone has to do something with the art of UFF.

I hate the way they draw Sue.I am not obsessed about her , i am the redhead lover type , but i can't stand seeing her this way!! I couldn't even read the issue.Someone has to do something with the art of UFF.

How about Land draws Sue for UFF and Carey does everything else? :D

Carey's really bringing this whole thing together very nicely. This was by far the best issue of the arc. Ben getting possessed at the end was great. I can't help, but run through ideas of what Thanos's plans are for Reed. The "All" seems to think he can help Thanos take over the universe. I can't help but think about how Reed's brain could be used.

5/5

Last edited:
Carey's really bringing this whole thing together very nicely. This was by far the best issue of the arc. Ben getting possessed at the end was great. I can't help, but run through ideas of what Thanos's plans are for Reed. The "All" seems to think he can help Thanos take over the universe. I can't help but think about how Reed's brain could be used.

5/5

I wonder if Thing's powers or condition is going to factor into how he survives. As for Reed being the primary target... no idea.

5/5

I think that Reed makes the weapon of power that they talk about in this arc, doesn't he? I thought they said that a while back on Newsarama or something.

Anyway I am intrigued about how Ben survives also.

I'm trying to like this arc, I really am. You guys gush about how super amazing it is.

But I can't. I just can't.

What's wrong with me? :cry:

I think Ben's going to survive either because Reed bargains for his life or because Ben's body can support Thanos and doesn't burn out. Kind of like Morph in Exiles.

I'm trying to like this arc, I really am. You guys gush about how super amazing it is.

But I can't. I just can't.

What's wrong with me? :cry:
Probably the same thing that is wrong with me. I really don't like this arc. With that said this issue has so far been the best of the issue released from it. I give it 0.2/5 instead of 0.1/5.
The only word that I can come up with that describes this arc for me is... messy. And I'm not just talking about the art.

I think Ben's going to survive either because Reed bargains for his life or because Ben's body can support Thanos and doesn't burn out. Kind of like Morph in Exiles.
Yeah I was thinking the latter. Maybe Thanos wreaks chaos with Bens body for a while....

Kinda like the whole Proteus thing.

I'm thinking that this is the best run of the title yet.

I'm also counting Carey's eariler 2 issue arc.

Thanos seems to be exactly what I hoped for.

I'm thinking that this is the best run of the title yet.

I'm also counting Carey's eariler 2 issue arc.

Thanos seems to be exactly what I hoped for.
I agree with the last statement but so far this arc isn't my favorite. Maybe by the end it might be, but they need to put Ronan into more of this.

Latest posts

Back