Ultimate Fantastic Four #42... SPOILERS!

Goodwill

Reed goes star fishing!

After the reprecussions are through with the last arc (which was essentially a filler, as it were), we begin to see Reed has finished the fully functional cosmic cube... Only he doesn't have a power source for it.

He tries what any sensible scientist would do - he lures a star (or what he believes to be a star) from another galaxy into this one.

Reed believes that the lure will just feed energy from the star to the Baxter Building, however, it begins being reeled in for some reason...

Crazy things begin to happen all over the world - bizarre storms are cropping up and something is casting a shadow on the moon... A silver surfboard even crashes into the Baxter Building!

We find out that what is blocking the moon is actually a giant Silver Surfer... Who is as powerful as a star, Reed explains. Looks like they are in for it. Again.

3.5/5

Buh? :sure:

Wake me up when they explain the connection between this Silver Surfer and Gah Lak Tus' Silver Surfers.

I mean, I am enjoying the fact that there is more brain into this title now without Millar, but there aren't enough stories to be told with these characters that thrill me. With the X-Men, you could go on forever and to some extent (if Bendis were removed from the title) Spider-Man could be the same way, but I don't see how the UFF can keep this up.

I mean, I am enjoying the fact that there is more brain into this title now without Millar, but there aren't enough stories to be told with these characters that thrill me. With the X-Men, you could go on forever and to some extent (if Bendis were removed from the title) Spider-Man could be the same way, but I don't see how the UFF can keep this up.

I don't see how the 616 FF keep it up.

Well, I don't think they do. It's all meh.

They still haven't brought in Black Panther (if Loeb hasn't earmarked him for Ultimates 3 only).

Well, if there was more of a tie with the other UU titles, I don't think I would have a problem. Like, a legitimate tie, though... Not like what Millar did. Or Carey with Ultimate Four or whatever that was. There needs to be a role that the UFF play here or they are virtually irrelevant in my mind.

Yessir.

I'm actually hoping that the Silver Surfer sticks around... He may be a cool character to keep in the back pocket of the UFF's supporting cast.

The beginning issues to new arcs are always lackluster. It's not that they're bad.....it's just that there's a lot of exposition to get thru before the good part can begin.

The Thing playing poker with his mom and her still treating him like he's so fragile was great. Although I'm kinda upset that there wasn't an explanation to why Thing isn't blue anymore.

Loved the inclusion of the families. With everything that goes on in their lives...you forget that Reed comes from a somewhat mentally abusive father with a timid mother. It was touching to see how much Reed's father could hurt him worse than any of the villains he's faced before.

Best line of the book belonged to Johnny. "...that's not what you're here for." :lol: That was priceless Johnny being a dick. So funny.

And that last image of the Silver Surfer was awesome and fear-inducing at the same time.

Between Carey's run.....Kirkman bringing back the awesome in UXM......the new life Immonen will bring to USM-----the UU looks to be on the right path to becoming awesome again.

Latest posts

Back