Ultimate Fantastic Four #45 Discussion (Spoilers)

UltimateCharlieSheen

Boy, you all really hate this book, don't you?

RECAP: Reed at the gang are perfect little happy atomatons on Zen-La, getting schooled all Serenity-like and Dancing the Night Away. Ben's playing with rocks. Enid's planting flowers with Psycho-Man. Silver Surfer (or Searcher, if you wanna get all Zen-La on me) appears and whisks Reed away, breaking the Psycho-Man's hold on Mr. Fantastical and filling him (and us) in on a little of Zen-La and Psycho-Man's back story. Then we set up the prototypical CLIMACTIC CONFRONTATION with Psycho-Man and his hulking minions. TO BE CONCLUDED! Yadda, yadda.

An interesting if somewhat inconsequential read. Zen-La's kind of a fun, sci-fi utopia. Some interesting ideas being bandied about, but little else. I can see why most of you are a little "Zzzzzz..." on this book, but I enjoyed it. At least it's not the incomprehensible, wooden mess that is UXM at the moment.

***/*****

I like this book and I really liked this issue, it was a great examination of an alien culture, and explained the Psycho-Man/Silver Surfer relationship. I was going to make a thread about it but forgot.

Anyway, yeah, maybe my favorite issue of Carey's UFF so far.

I like this book and I really liked this issue, it was a great examination of an alien culture, and explained the Psycho-Man/Silver Surfer relationship. I was going to make a thread about it but forgot.

Anyway, yeah, maybe my favorite issue of Carey's UFF so far.
I really liked it, too. Great explanation of Zen-La, Psychoman, and Silver "Searcher". I thought that was pretty cool.

My only problem is that this arc seems like an issue or two longer than it should be. But other than that, it's good.

I've gotta say that this has probably been my favorite Ultimate book for quite some time now. And Carey's been hitting it out of the park. I think he's probably delivered some of the best Ultimizations to date. Just all in all bringing lots of fresh, new ideas to the table and putting the ULTIMATE back in the Ultimate line like no one else at the moment.

I'm still not 100% fond of the "new" Ultimate Silver Surfer. I would've liked more if he was a rogue Gah Lak Tus antibody (or whatever), who gained his own sentience and life from years of living alone. And it really makes no sense to tie him to Psycho-Man (although it was explained okay).

Latest posts

Back