Ultimate Fantastic Four Annual #1 Discussion (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Best Annual ever? ..

....Yes.

All right so Crystal's dialogue was terrible and Johnny falls in love too easily But The Inhumans were ****in' awesome.

I mean not much even happened Crystal wanted to get away for a while and Johnny saved her. Then she went back and the FF followed her and then The Inhumans had to go to the moon. I know doesn't sound great but it really was.

Lee's art? Awesome! Perfect for The Inhumans and I would LOOOOOVE to see him do a Morlock's story.

5/5

TheManWithoutFear said:
Best Annual ever? ..

....Yes.

All right so Crystal's dialogue was terrible and Johnny falls in love too easily But The Inhumans were ****in' awesome.

I mean not much even happened Crystal wanted to get away for a while and Johnny saved her. Then she went back and the FF followed her and then The Inhumans had to go to the moon. I know doesn't sound great but it really was.

Lee's art? Awesome! Perfect for The Inhumans and I would LOOOOOVE to see him do a Morlock's story.

5/5

Aww, so they do end up going to the Moon? How the hell do they get there, do they have some space shuttle hidden on the mountain as well? And was Lockjaw in the issue?

DIrishB said:
Aww, so they do end up going to the Moon? How the hell do they get there, do they have some space shuttle hidden on the mountain as well? And was Lockjaw in the issue?

Black Bolt takes them there? I dunno they just all start floating upward. Really.

Lockjaw is a major part. He's a giant dog and is primarily Crystal's pet who can transport anywhere. He's how the FF get to there secret hideout.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about 616 Inhumans so someone else who read the issue could probably expand further.

I do know 616 Medusa didn't have snakes for hair. Ultimate Medusa does.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Black Bolt takes them there? I dunno they just all start floating upward. Really.

Lockjaw is a major part. He's a giant dog and is primarily Crystal's pet who can transport anywhere. He's how the FF get to there secret hideout.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about 616 Inhumans so someone else who read the issue could probably expand further.

I do know 616 Medusa didn't have snakes for hair. Ultimate Medusa does.

Huh, thats interesting...wonder if they'll tie Medusa in with the actual Greek legend. Like the Inhumans have been around for thousands of years, and on an occasion where someone actually saw her is where the legend arises from.

But Lockjaw doesn't have that tuning fork thing in his head does he?

And they "float" to the moon? Ummm, ok, sounds a bit iffy but I'll take your word for it and read the issue.

DIrishB said:
Huh, thats interesting...wonder if they'll tie Medusa in with the actual Greek legend. Like the Inhumans have been around for thousands of years, and on an occasion where someone actually saw her is where the legend arises from.
That would actually be really cool considering the connection to Atlantis they're supposed to have. Good eye.

But Lockjaw doesn't have that tuning fork thing in his head does he?
Yes he does.

And they "float" to the moon? Ummm, ok, sounds a bit iffy but I'll take your word for it and read the issue.
Yeah, I can't make them sound cool. But the issue is definitely awesome.

TheManWithoutFear said:
That would actually be really cool considering the connection to Atlantis they're supposed to have. Good eye.

Thanks.

Yes he does.

Oh no...I'm worried about that. So they give Ultimate Medusa snakes for hair but keep Lockjaw the same...doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever.

Yeah, I can't make them sound cool. But the issue is definitely awesome.

I'm looking forward to reading it.

Spade said:
how does it lead into ultimate namor story?/

Maybe the Atlantis connection...whatever that is.

I thought the Inhumans were neat. Can't wait to see more of them. Black Bolt never speaking was awesome.

And, sorry MWoF, but I don't think they were going to the Moon. The last page simply has Black Bolt flying off with the Moon in the background. They said they were going to a place where mankind would never be able to find them. And we've been to the moon. We have satelites that can take pictures of it. I don't think they were going to the Moon.

Oh and (sorry again MWoF) but we haven't even read the first issue of "Tomb of Namor" so I don't think we can say that it not connected to this.

I liked the story. not fond of the art work. I wish I could it describe what I don't like about it, but the best I can say is that the inside of the book is not as good as the cover. oh well.

I thought the UFF Annual was ok. The art kind of threw me off. Lee just doesn't make things clear with his art, but I guess thats just his style. Point is it can be difficult to follow the story with his work. This was the same case with UFF #19-20. Anyway, it was an ok read.

moonmaster said:
And, sorry MWoF, but I don't think they were going to the Moon. The last page simply has Black Bolt flying off with the Moon in the background. They said they were going to a place where mankind would never be able to find them. And we've been to the moon. We have satelites that can take pictures of it. I don't think they were going to the Moon.

Well if you're using that reasoning then why would they hide on Earth where Satellites can take their pictures also? But it's possible that they might not be heading there but I think that's where the creative team was heading with a picture of just Black Bolt and the moon in the background. It would be cool if by the Namor arc Bolt was in Namor's throne room.

moonmaster said:
Oh and (sorry again MWoF) but we haven't even read the first issue of "Tomb of Namor" so I don't think we can say that it not connected to this.
and sorry again Moon but clearly I'm talking about the annual at hand and there's nothing in the annual that suggests Namor or Atlantis. Maybe there's a hidden easter egg in there that will become more important when we get to Namor but as of right now if there is a connection it will be revealed in The ToN arc but there was nothing in this issue.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Well if you're using that reasoning then why would they hide on Earth where Satellites can take their pictures also? But it's possible that they might not be heading there but I think that's where the creative team was heading with a picture of just Black Bolt and the moon in the background. It would be cool if by the Namor arc Bolt was in Namor's throne room.

and sorry again Moon but clearly I'm talking about the annual at hand and there's nothing in the annual that suggests Namor or Atlantis. Maybe there's a hidden easter egg in there that will become more important when we get to Namor but as of right now if there is a connection it will be revealed in The ToN arc but there was nothing in this issue.

Good points. You schooled that dumbass Moonmaster. You think he more than anyone would get behind the Inhumans living on the moon. ;)

Ultimate Lockjaw? A bulldog? With a tuneing fork?

ACK! (flails about as gags himself with a spoon)

Well, anyone else thinking that the Inhumans are going to Atlantis? A lead-in to Tomb of Namor? Somewhere humans will never go? Huh? Huh?

A story summary would be nice.

ProjectX2 said:
Well, anyone else thinking that the Inhumans are going to Atlantis? A lead-in to Tomb of Namor? Somewhere humans will never go? Huh? Huh?

A story summary would be nice.

Like I said it would be totally cool to see them there when the Fantastic Four show up. But how much sense would it make? They get there and then they have to leave almost immediately because the same people show up?

Interesting story, good art, poor Ultimization.

Lee's art was good, and it was nice to see some better color added to it. I say better but that's not to say his colorists before were bad, this is just more in depth. It almost doesn't fit his art, but in a weird way that's what makes it good.

If there was ever a group that could benefit from a creative Ultimization, it's the Inhumans. But they didn't really do anything different with them other than not put them on the moon, and I didn't really get the point of that. There wasn't much to differentiate them from regular humans either...I dunno. I like Millar a lot but this was pretty weak.

3/5.

Latest posts

Back