Ultimate Fantastic Four: Salem Seven (#54-57)

Re: Ultimate Fantastic Four #54 SPOILERS

Shiny tangela? :D

114.png

I suck so hard for knowing that. :?

The second they even said pokemon, my mind went to tangela.

Where did you find a pic of a green one? Did you just make it?

On a very related note, I wikied Shuma Gorath cause i never heard of it. Now i think thats who it is.

Re: Ultimate Fantastic Four #54 SPOILERS

The second they even said pokemon, my mind went to tangela.

Where did you find a pic of a green one? Did you just make it?

On a very related note, I wikied Shuma Gorath cause i never heard of it. Now i think thats who it is.

Pokemon come in two colors; normal and shiny. Shiny tangela is green.

Shuma Gorath is awsome.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #55 (Spoilers)

It seems everyone dropped this book, which is a shame, because it just might be the best of the Ultimate books left. Last issue may have started slow, but this one has character to go with an interesting bunch of subplots. It seems to me Four Cubed was so short because this is a story Carey wanted to be able to tell.

Spoiler laden summary:

Last issue, Ultimate Agatha Harkness was introduced as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent with a specialty in psychology, who had been sent to evaluate the Four. The Nursery, full of ex-Baxter Building children who didn't so much run away as take a chance to do so, were revisited and had friendly terms established. The Seven, a powerful new team in the style of a lot of Carey's God War stuff (at least, their powers reminded me of Seed Nineteen), appeared but until the end only on the news. There was also an unseen entity following Sue.

This issue, the Seven have been shown to have relocated to New York and are sort of like the Defenders could be if they were competent; they're in it for the celebrity and aren't very moral. They challenge the Four for the right to save the burning building that was set up last month and Reed gives it to them so no one will die. The Seven strut their stuff and John Q. Public cheers while Reed leads the team back home.

Harkness is there and continues an evaluation, this time as a group. She sows a lot of discord, with Johnny angry at no one caring about anything not fire-related, Ben citing continuing, steady depression, and she pretty bluntly attacks the Reed Sue relationship.

Then she gives Johnny another massage while Reed is dumped by Sue on the rooftop. Although quick, the situation seems real and has gravity. Sue thereafter accepts a ride from Agatha, who appears to be working with the Seven (like 616?) as she leaves Sue on a building after saying that the Trsikelion is unsafe.

The Seven attack Sue and while she fights her hardest, at least three have ways through her field. She is turned dense by the unwisely named 'Alpha Dog', who isn't strong but alters things, like Bishop. He drops her in the bay. The end is a cliffhanger with a pissed off Namor who won't reach the surface until next month, but I suspect he's a little curious as to who dropped his favorite woman into the water.

Subplots: Ben and Johnny realized they weren't even employed by S.H.I.E.L.D. and become reckless, breaking into Sue's lab to bring down the Seven on their own. The mysterious entity continues to observe Sue.

The Best: Dialog is top-notch and character driven, continuity is flawless for those that care, action to plot and question to answer ratio is to my liking (but that one's more subjective).

The Bad: Seven are pretty much enigmas, and the Top Cow art remains mostly unimpressive.

My own theory is that UFF has been canceled post Ultimatum, and the seeds are being sown amidst one of Carey's good ideas. Too bad it's going to be a stupid, pointless waste of everyone's time.

Does anyone else read this book? Much better than Ultimate X-Men or god help me, Ultimates 3.

Re: Ultimate Fantastic Four #55 (Spoilers)

Hey, other people still reading UFF!

I liked this issue. When Susan dumped reed because she wanted "a boy in every harbor", i was all like "**** YEAH!!! NAMOR!!!". Good they immediately follow up on it. They made her interesting again. To bad it will probably will last only one arc before she goes back to Reed again.

I dont like the way the 7 are introduced. Might as well paint a big sign on em saying "we are the villains, you dont like us". It would have been more interesting if they at least tried to act like a superhero team and worked together with the FF.

Last edited:

I still read it, mostly for my first appearance thread. I just didn't feel like writing this spoiler thread.

To bad it will probably will last only one arc before she goes back to Reed again.

Probably, but one ultimate title will be canceled before the year is out. This one is the smallest, has the worst sales, and is the most compact. I could see the divisions in the team here definitely lasting over an arc.

@V: Absolutely. It's been worse with every issue Top Cow's done.

Last edited:

This was the first issue since before the Thanos arc (the most recent one) that hasn't been complete and utter ****.

But I still think they ought to cancel this book.

I liked this issue a lot.

I really hope Sue doesn't do anything with Namor or try to use him to make Reed jealous. I think she's way too sensible for that. Her decision to have a bunch of shallow relationships is hilarious and awesome and was written as actually true to her character. I hope her and Johnny double-date.

I think the Seven were introduced better than Seed... whatever that number was.

Agatha Harkness is a witch in every universe, isn't she?

I liked this issue a lot.

I really hope Sue doesn't do anything with Namor or try to use him to make Reed jealous. I think she's way too sensible for that. Her decision to have a bunch of shallow relationships is hilarious and awesome and was written as actually true to her character. I hope her and Johnny double-date.

I think the Seven were introduced better than Seed... whatever that number was.

Agatha Harkness is a witch in every universe, isn't she?

First, it's Seed 19, Second I'm pretty sure Agatha Harkness is a witch. Right now I'm playing with the notion that she may be altering her appearance. But I'm not sure if she's altered her age or appearance (as in she looks like soming non-human)

Second I'm pretty sure Agatha Harkness is a witch.

That was actually a bad joke. See, witch, because she's a horrible person...? Never mind.

Right now I'm playing with the notion that she may be altering her appearance. But I'm not sure if she's altered her age or appearance (as in she looks like soming non-human)

What bothers me about this is that it makes SHIELD look like punks. Their security lets an alien or mutant or whatever mind**** the Fantastic Four? That's just plain sloppy, especially with the Seven slipping through their net already.

What bothers me about this is that it makes SHIELD look like punks. Their security lets an alien or mutant or whatever mind**** the Fantastic Four? That's just plain sloppy, especially with the Seven slipping through their net already.

Ok let's see who has broken in the Baxter. The Mad Thinker, The X-Men, Seed 19, & Agatha Harkness.

As big of a brain the The Mad Thinker is, it would seem like she be someone that could break in.

The X-Men... well that was lame. You'd think S.H.I.E.L.D. would have had a way to detect Kitty, being that the X-Men used to be conected to S.H.I.E.L.D..

Seed 19, their Tec. is a lot more advance then are's ( I mean the Ultimate Earth's tec.) So I can see how they might get past it.

And Agatha... like I said, I think she is a witch in this reality. And we don't know how strong the magic of this wolrd is yet. Yes there is just a little magic. But it could be really strong.

So the only one I really have a problem with is the X-Men breaking in.

Ok, finally found issue 57, read it, and im ticked off. I felt it sucked and was such a let down (big surprise in this new ultimate regime).

they could have actually turned this crap around and down something cool, namor, the seven, agatha.

marvel, you let me down with such a lame issue!

Ok, finally found issue 57, read it, and im ticked off. I felt it sucked and was such a let down (big surprise in this new ultimate regime).

they could have actually turned this crap around and down something cool, namor, the seven, agatha.

marvel, you let me down with such a lame issue!

It was a pretty ****ty way for Carey to end his run too, He's been on for like 30+ issues, not a good way to go out, well atleast it was better than Kirkmans exit.

it was like a non-ending, like a cliffhanger with no resolution

I actually enjoyed this more than some the other ultimate books right now. USM is just telling a story that I already know. UXM has been just terrible (and this used to be my favorite book). An issue of Ultimates 3 can be summed up in about one or two sentences. Ultimate Iron Man has been good, but they could have ended on issue four (though I'm not saying that issue five will be bad). It seems weird to defend this book, because a while back I really hated it.

I also don't mind the art. It's a bit different, but I wouldn't call it bad.

Latest posts

Back