Ultimate FF #12 & "Doom" wrapup discussion (spoilers)

mutantfreak

Blacksword said:
It's one thing to go barging into third-world nations that are international pariahs, its another thing entirely to march into a first world nation that's a member of the European Union and Nato. Hence the "Did you make a wrong turn at Iraq" line. Add to that the general negative reactionworld wide to US unilateral actions right now and the Danish response makes perfect sense.

I agree that breaking into a first-world country is different tha invading a country like Iraque. But start a war with Iraque to take down it's leader is a much bigger deal than just abducting a Danish citzen like Victor.

I don't think that this was Ellis' intentions... I think the armies were there to simply clean up and get things moving for the next arc. I find it funny that we often fight about things that are all in material to the story. I know I do the same thing, but it does get ridiculous sometimes! :)

If the US Army forcefully took Doom, they could have a little war in their hands since the Danish army won't let the Americans walk all over their constitution like that. Not exactly great PR for the military, and it won't be worth the price they would have to pay if they still choose to capture Doom.

Latest posts

Back