Ultimate FF cancelled after 6 issues...

I don't know why you think it should end... I mean I do as far as the story telling goes. The last issue felt like I was reading a story a five year old wrote. But they could just get another another writer on it. Or just give it to Bendis. Most of the characters in that book he created. Ultimate Kitty's the only one he didn't create. But he's wrote for her before.

It doesn't look like anyone cares about this team configuration. Maybe no one cares about the characters either. But it's pointless to keep a book going that no one cares about.

It's not like there is a huge outcry over the direction of the writing.

ok so… two things… first, i'm mad this is cancelled cuz i just started picking these up (just finished #3)

second… i didn't know anything about that cross-promo strategy stuff… i guess that could make sense?

now, about this series… i started picking it up cuz it has ultimate invisible woman (who's actually pretty bad ass) and ultimate falcon (who's also bad ass)… don't know anything about machine man (also, don't care)… and never liked iron man. the art is WACK… like wiggety wack. and the story was really meh, until it got halfway thru issue 2… after that, the story started getting really interesting… parallel worlds, multiple dooms, de-powered namor? it was starting to get somewhere. issue 3? even better. so, it looked like even tho the art was weak (which was a horrible decision by marvel) this new FF could've been going somewhere cool… then i come to the group and see that it's getting cancelled… *sigh*

F-WORD!!!

Oh for Christ's sake...

So Ultimate FF #1 was stupid and uninteresting. UFF #2-3 improved some, raising some interesting questions about Doom. UFF #4 started out ok, with its highlight being Doom mentioning the stand-in for him that was killed by Thing in Ultimatum was a "she".

And then the issue ends with Ultimate Spider-Ham showing up.

Seriously, I'm glad this is ending. This has just gotten idiotic.

It's interesting to note that this is NOT the same doom that entered. Unless you embrace a TON of continuity errors for it to be the same one. Loved Spider-Ham! Can't wait to see where this goes. Kind of upset it's ending after I read this issue.

Oh for Christ's sake...

So Ultimate FF #1 was stupid and uninteresting. UFF #2-3 improved some, raising some interesting questions about Doom. UFF #4 started out ok, with its highlight being Doom mentioning the stand-in for him that was killed by Thing in Ultimatum was a "she".

And then the issue ends with Ultimate Spider-Ham showing up.

Seriously, I'm glad this is ending. This has just gotten idiotic.

What?! Ugh, why would anyone come up with this hemorrhoid infested mess? This might be the first Ultimate title I don't purchase in paperback/hardcover. Thanks, Fialkov!

Sort of cut off that sentence, there. Entered what? The zombieverse?

Yeah. Giant-Man never had his head blow up, we saw in Millar's run Doom switch his legs so he didn't have those in the Z-Verse, and we saw a Doom with goat legs in the Parliament of Doom. I''m inclined to believe that this is that Doom.

Yeah. Giant-Man never had his head blow up, we saw in Millar's run Doom switch his legs so he didn't have those in the Z-Verse, and we saw a Doom with goat legs in the Parliament of Doom. I''m inclined to believe that this is that Doom.

It's been forever since I read the Marvel Zombies titles so can't comment on Giant Man's head blowing up.

But I know for a fact Doom always had goat legs, he was just wearing shin plates and boots that made his legs look human. I'm almost positive they showed him taking them off or putting them on to explain that discrepancy. Can't remember in which title or issue, though.

Also I know Zombie Giant Man was in the first Marvel Zombies series, but was he in the later ones? Because the flashback of Doom fighting the zombies and blowing up Giant Man's head occurs right after the first MZ series. So it may fit, depending on if zombie GM showed up in later MZ series or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, if we say this is the same Doom then Marvel Zombies can't even happen due to the time loop that happened when Giant Man tried to infect the multiverse which caused the Watcher to send the infected Sentry back in time to start the plague in the first place. The thing about the legs is, as I said, we saw him getting the plates put on to make him have human legs and we saw him enter with them and the first thing he came out to was the zombies. My main thing is Giant Man though.

Actually, if we say this is the same Doom then Marvel Zombies can't even happen due to the time loop that happened when Giant Man tried to infect the multiverse which caused the Watcher to send the infected Sentry back in time to start the plague in the first place. The thing about the legs is, as I said, we saw him getting the plates put on to make him have human legs and we saw him enter with them and the first thing he came out to was the zombies. My main thing is Giant Man though.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's not the same Doom. It could be a clue to that. It could also merely be a retcon, a mistake, or a way of showing Doom's ego overshadowing his ability for viewing reality as it is (ie, Doom always wins).

Whoa… y'all hated spider-ham? I thought that was cool. This ultimate series still looks like it's going somewhere interesting. When I saw the ultimate spidey costume in the panel was like "yeesh what happened to Miles' arms?" then the reveal was that it was the ham-ster and I was like "made me look"

Too bad it's getting cancelled… but it looks like Marvel is about to do a half-ass new52/infinite crisis reboot anyway so… ehh

I loved the new issue so damn much. Reed got redeemed as a character for me even. I'm really upset that it's done. We could have gotten such a great series.

I loved the new issue so damn much. Reed got redeemed as a character for me even. I'm really upset that it's done. We could have gotten such a great series.

Eh. I actually thought the series improved a lot after the first issue, but the latest one was just... lame. Reed does a 180 and is suddenly the good guy again. No. Just shallow, unbelievable, and not even close to fitting his character, given the depths he went to to impress Susie (and "fix" the world). How many millions died as a direct result of his actions? And he helps get Sue pregnant with Ben's DNA and somehow he's good again? Its retarded.

Eh. I actually thought the series improved a lot after the first issue, but the latest one was just... lame. Reed does a 180 and is suddenly the good guy again. No. Just shallow, unbelievable, and not even close to fitting his character, given the depths he went to to impress Susie (and "fix" the world). How many millions died as a direct result of his actions? And he helps get Sue pregnant with Ben's DNA and somehow he's good again? Its retarded.

You gotta remember that nine months passed. Reed probably went through a lot of stuff that we may never learn.

I remember, but its still horrible. Its a cop out to use a time jump and then have a character of a completely different mindset. It might be ok if there were plans to show this transition in future comics, but I doubt that'll happen given the low sales on this book. There's no doubt that characters should change over time, but without any pages focusing on that transition, or an eye opening moment for the character, or whatever, it comes off as cheap, shallow, and stupid. They also didn't wrap up the lingering plot questions surrounding Doom.

This was an ok series that's bookended by boneheaded issues: #1 and #6 were idiotic. #2-5 were all pretty decent or ok.

I remember, but its still horrible. Its a cop out to use a time jump and then have a character of a completely different mindset. It might be ok if there were plans to show this transition in future comics, but I doubt that'll happen given the low sales on this book. There's no doubt that characters should change over time, but without any pages focusing on that transition, or an eye opening moment for the character, or whatever, it comes off as cheap, shallow, and stupid. They also didn't wrap up the lingering plot questions surrounding Doom.

Well, I also hated Hickman's run (especially his handling of Reed) so that's probably why I'm more than okay with this. Also Doom couldn't be answered in this. There's no way that could happen. My theory is it's not the Ultimate Universe's Doom (you'd have to retcon the entirety of Marvel Zombies for it to be him and explain why Mary Storm was alive after Ultimatum) and with all the universe hopping this was supposed to have that fits right in with no retcons or continuity errors. Plus it's Doom so you can't really believe him.

Well, I also hated Hickman's run (especially his handling of Reed) so that's probably why I'm more than okay with this. Also Doom couldn't be answered in this. There's no way that could happen. My theory is it's not the Ultimate Universe's Doom (you'd have to retcon the entirety of Marvel Zombies for it to be him and explain why Mary Storm was alive after Ultimatum) and with all the universe hopping this was supposed to have that fits right in with no retcons or continuity errors. Plus it's Doom so you can't really believe him.

Mary Storm never died in Ultimatum. The only Storm that died was Franklin Storm.

Mary Storm never died in Ultimatum. The only Storm that died was Franklin Storm.

In Ultimate FF it's revealed that the Doom that died in Ultimatum was Mary Storm (thus my post on why that doesn't work). What's weird is I came up with this theory years ago on the old CBR forums. It's odd seeing my idea in a comic I didn't write it have anything to do with.

In Ultimate FF it's revealed that the Doom that died in Ultimatum was Mary Storm (thus my post on why that doesn't work). What's weird is I came up with this theory years ago on the old CBR forums. It's odd seeing my idea in a comic I didn't write it have anything to do with.

Ah, okay. I'm not even going to try to understand how that even works.

You said it yourself, Doom can't be trusted. Why would you believe his account of the Zombiverse?

In Ultimate FF it's revealed that the Doom that died in Ultimatum was Mary Storm (thus my post on why that doesn't work).

See above, your post, You can't believe Doom. The story doesn't reveal it was Mary Storm, Doom does. Why should we actually believe that it was actually Mary Storm? He could just be saying that to push buttons, you know, because he is Doom and all.

Latest posts

Back