Ultimate Ghost Rider

No but I sure wish they will do him. The untouched character could be really sweet. He's easily the coolest looking character ever. Even in the old ulgy artwork days.

Spade said:
does anyone know if there has been any mention of an ultimate ghost rider?

I'm surprised there hasn't been mention of any plans with a movie coming out.

UltimateE said:
I'm surprised there hasn't been mention of any plans with a movie coming out.
I really don't think there's much about Ghost Rider that really needs to be Ultimatized, if you believe that the Ultimate Universe accounts for the supernatural and paranormal. (Which I do.)

But I think the Knights relaunch is as good a place as any to get the property back in gear. Wish they'd make it MAX though, not for the sake of graphic content and nudity, but to allow for Vertigo-esque approaches to religion, spirituality, vigilantism and other darker sides of the Marvel Universe.

ourchair said:
I really don't think there's much about Ghost Rider that really needs to be Ultimatized

Right, but in this case it's not about need, but about opportunity. The Ultimate line is extremely popular, and introducing Ghost Rider can only benefit the comics from the success of the movie, and the movie from the success of the comics.

UltimateE said:
Right, but in this case it's not about need, but about opportunity. The Ultimate line is extremely popular, and introducing Ghost Rider can only benefit the comics from the success of the movie, and the movie from the success of the comics.
What he said. I'm surprised no one has tried to put their twist on this character yet. I'm brainstorming but he's very delicate. A delicate flower...

Ghost rider= baddest mother ****er on the planet :rockon:

If they ever do an ultimate ghost rider they better not screw it up!

TheManWithoutFear said:
What he said. I'm surprised no one has tried to put their twist on this character yet. I'm brainstorming but he's very delicate. A delicate flower...
Oh I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see an Ultimate Ghost Rider series, but I think the Ennis series already fills that need.

It just seems to be more consistent of Marvel to launch miscellaneous comics rather than Ultimate ones, just like the Blade-tied Tomb of Dracula, various Doc Ock minis released around the time of Spider-Man 2 and the Nightcrawler title pushed during the time of X2.

ourchair said:
Oh I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see an Ultimate Ghost Rider series, but I think the Ennis series already fills that need.

It just seems to be more consistent of Marvel to launch miscellaneous comics rather than Ultimate ones, just like the Blade-tied Tomb of Dracula, various Doc Ock minis released around the time of Spider-Man 2 and the Nightcrawler title pushed during the time of X2.

Why did u quote me? It has nothing to do with what I said.

TheManWithoutFear said:
:lol: I didn't get it either. Maybe he meant to quote E.

TheManWithoutFear said:

You started your post with "What he said", I think Ourchair thought you were referring to him.

I think a good mini for Ultimate Ghost Rider would have to do with Johny Blaze/Ghost Rider chasing after a circus that is full of murderers, maniacs and asorted Ghost Rider villians....... The circus is led by a man called Blackheart, who claims to be the son of the Devil..... They travel around and recruet sinners and evil people ....... maybe they have Blazes wife Ruby and thats why he is after them....... Maybe Blaze was a part of this circus at one time and thats how he got his Ghost Rider persona....... It becomes hard for Blaze becaude he can only turn into Ghost Rider at night ......... Blackheart grants his recruts with there own dark powers...... i.e. Mad Cap, Blackout, Wallow, etc.etc..........

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
I was under the impression that you were affirming E as in "What E said I'd like an Ultimate Ghost Rider series." by saying "I'm surprised no one has tried to put their twist on the character". Just realized you meant that in a fan fic context. My bad.

Either way, I'm just saying why Ultimate Ghost Rider while nice, Ultimate doesn't seem like Marvel's first initiative when trying to resurrect a comics franchise as the Ock minis, Tomb of Dracula and Nightcrawler seem to suggest.

Ultimate Ghost Rider is a testy subject for me. I understand that there is mysticism in the Ultimate Universe, But I want it to be Gods and Demons free. But Ghost Rider's appeal is that he is a Demon/Angel of Death... This is tough, And probably why he hasn't shown up yet.

Ultimate Deadpool said:
Ultimate Ghost Rider is a testy subject for me. I understand that there is mysticism in the Ultimate Universe, But I want it to be Gods and Demons free. But Ghost Rider's appeal is that he is a Demon/Angel of Death... This is tough, And probably why he hasn't shown up yet.
I agree, they should try to keep the Gods and Demons to a minimum, if they even have any. However, I think they could change Ghostrider, so he would work.

I had an idea once for ultimate Ghost Rider where Johnny Blaze was a mute kid who was murdered 25 years in the past when someone apparently tried to steal his bike. The bike had been a gift from the general store owner, Craig Simpson, who was the only person who really seemed to care about Johnny, and he had found it lying on the road. Johnny was actually a ghost who came back, and you knew he was coming by the clacking of the baseball cards on his wheel spokes. Man, I really should finish that story.

Entropy said:
I had an idea once for ultimate Ghost Rider where Johnny Blaze was a mute kid who was murdered 25 years in the past when someone apparently tried to steal his bike. The bike had been a gift from the general store owner, Craig Simpson, who was the only person who really seemed to care about Johnny, and he had found it lying on the road. Johnny was actually a ghost who came back, and you knew he was coming by the clacking of the baseball cards on his wheel spokes. Man, I really should finish that story.
I read it, and yeah, you should finish it.

Entropy said:

I really like it. But I want chains and flames.

thee great one said:
I really like it. But I want chains and flames.

Oh, he has chains. See, when he was murdered they beat him to death with his bicycle chain, and thats what he intends to use in his vengeance on his killers. The flames were going to be more for the finale.

Latest posts

Back