Ultimate Hydra

Exactly. There's probably a little time to get themselves established but, if this is how it could happen, it should be happening soon. If Fenris was involved.

Caduceus said:
Exactly. There's probably a little time to get themselves established but, if this is how it could happen, it should be happening soon. If Fenris was involved.
But of course.

Also, you think someone like Millar could pull this off even with the Chitauri thing? I mean, didn't Millar take ideas from HYDRA and Red Skull stories for that arc? I thought that's what went down, actually...

Goodwill said:
Also, you think someone like Millar could pull this off even with the Chitauri thing? I mean, didn't Millar take ideas from HYDRA and Red Skull stories for that arc? I thought that's what went down, actually...
Where did you get that from? :?

Well, Skull was a WWII villain that was a Nazi and he became Captain's arch-nemesis. It seems like Millar threw that out and replaced it with an alien, you see?

I think he has had his share with them, if I remember correctly...

Taskmaster, no clue. The only thing I read on him was a mini from a friend that came out a few years back.

In the current state of the world, there is a lot of anti-american feeling.
And I know a few factions that would love to attack america directly from europe, though that is not how we/they would want to achieve their goals of world stability.
I'd like to see the worst element of the EU strike at the US for what they perceive as what the goals are of the US. As Thor has already pointed out in the books, he is very against the "new dawn of the roman empire" way of thinking of the idiot president and his task-masters, and I would like to see HYDRA as this force that are the militant view behind Thors thinking.

You see, with every peaceful idea there is a militant faction waiting to move in, this is not the side of the liberal left in Europe, but the side that wishes to perform its own conquest on the terms that the US has been setting out.

Furthermore, I don't want these guys to be a bad guy once beaten easily forgotten, I want there to be a substantial standoff, a US/EU covert cold war.

If Nick Fury is the benevolent face of American conflicts, then HYDRA is the seedy underbelly of EU conflicts. I want them to be the aggressive militant fact of anti-american thinking, the truth in the lie that everyone is a terrorist.

Last edited:
Some of my best friends are German. No, really.

And for the record, germany is a VERY different country than the history books tell you now.

Hell, France worries me more.

Guijllons said:
Some of my best friends are German. No, really.

And for the record, germany is a VERY different country than the history books tell you now.

Hell, France worries me more.
France worries me just as much now. Some of you know I recently moved from Australia to Denmark and this sudden exposure to the peculiar kind of closeness European countries have has opened my eyes to a few things. Unfortunately though, there are still nazi's, young and old alive in Germany. Look at the recent anniversary of the Dresden bombings.

I really don't want to see an Ultimate Hydra. They were pretty much created in response to all those spy movies of the 60s (like SPECTRE in 007) and I feel like their place in the UU of the 21st century is pointless.

Yeah, there are right wing fascists in every country though. Of the Germans I know though, the most you'll hear about the subject is profound embarrassment of the country's history.

And aha about living in Denmark, I can practically see you from here!

But about HYDRA being a response to Spectre and wotnot, well, yes they were, but that is not to say that there are not groups with profound political interest that influence power still. The Ultimate Universe is a chance for re-invention, and they can be re-invented well.

Well, I wouldn't see how Germans still feel that way about their country. That was YEARS ago... Politically, don't you think that's been patched up?

Yeah, it has for me, and it has for you. And the British have totally forgotten the Boer war (we invented concentration camps, sadly). But it is still very clear in the german consciousness. If you go to a library and look for a book on german history you will see why, you'll find shelf after shelf of books about Nazi's. It's a very sad state of affairs. For the record, the Germans i know are some of the funniest, socially conscious people I know.

Guijllons said:
Yeah, it has for me, and it has for you. And the British have totally forgotten the Boer war (we invented concentration camps, sadly). But it is still very clear in the german consciousness. If you go to a library and look for a book on german history you will see why, you'll find shelf after shelf of books about Nazi's. It's a very sad state of affairs. For the record, the Germans i know are some of the funniest, socially conscious people I know.
This is true, the right wing groups are still around all over the world. Closer to home for you Americans is the Canadian deputy governor who was kidnapped and executed by the FLQ in the 80's or 90's. "The War on Terror" isn't a new thing, its something thats been hyped in response to September 11.

Latest posts

Back