Ultimate Iron Man #4 (Spoilers)

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Well, not a great issue to be expected, but much better than any of the previous ones. It had a more tragic tone to it than the previous issues, and was a little less convoluted. Interesting to see that now Tony has an healing factor on par with Wolverine's...not. What the hell is that about? Wouldn't this healing factor play a role in fighting off the brain tumor...or is Card just ignoring that as well? Anyway, it was cool to see the Baxter Building, about the only redeeming factor of the issue. Also cool to see Obadiah as a homicidal little freak. Apparently Tony is becoming hard-core with his pledge to kill Obadiah if he harms Tony's father...Tony Stark, AVENGER!!! Anyway, this one gets a 1 out of 5. Would've gotten a 0 except for the Baxter Building. Kind of sad a landmark is the only good thing about the issue.

Wait -- he has a healing factor now? Oh God.

ProjectX2 said:
Wait -- he has a healing factor now? Oh God.

He already had one in previous issues. That's how his foot grew back.

Seriously, I'm only collecting this for completeness sake. I'm going to ignore the whole series in regards to continuity personally. It doesn't fit with the Ultimates and, as DIrishB always says, Ultimates is the Ultimate U bible. I mean, this is on par with Chuck Austen Nightcrawler-is-half-a-demon crap. Why is this in the Ultimate Universe? WHY?! None of this makes ANY sense. Here's hoping that UIM II is better. . .

Last edited:
Lynx said:
He already had one in previous issues. That's how his foot grew back.

Seriously, I'm only collecting this for completeness sake. I'm going to ignore the whole series in regards to continuity personally. It doesn't fit with the Ultimates and, as DIrishB always says, Ultimates is the Ultimate U bible. I mean, this is on par with Chuck Austen Nightcrawler-is-half-a-demon crap. Why is this in the Ultimate Universe? WHY?! None of this makes ANY sense. Here's hoping that UIM II is better. . .

Yeah, the healing factor is just more pronounced now considering the lower half of his body is burned off and it regrows itself after he eats some sandwiches and drinks some water.

The correct phrase is "Card is a $^&!&*@ hack and needs to keep his @#$ out of the Ultimate Universe".

DIrishB said:
Thats an insult to Doc. Card just sucks...no, wait, that was too. Card is stupid...yeah, thats it.

Hey you don't need to insult moony like that! Card is just...weird loving brain body people....

I say some aliens should come down, like from another planet, find Tony and swap his consciousness with someone else and the kill the original Tony.

Sounds stupid? well it is, but better than having a regenerating, mutant brained Tony running about.

How the hell did this get past Joe Q? Surely someone must've thought that it looked pretty bad on paper.

Guijllons said:
I say some aliens should come down, like from another planet, find Tony and swap his consciousness with someone else and the kill the original Tony.

Sounds stupid? well it is, but better than having a regenerating, mutant brained Tony running about.

How the hell did this get past Joe Q? Surely someone must've thought that it looked pretty bad on paper.

I'm honestly wondering if Joe Q even belongs in that position...as I already know the Ultimate editors surely don't.

I honestly think that they don't read it. I mean, Joey Q probably is just like "OH EM GEE, we have the guy who wrote Ender's Game!!!!!!!!!!!11111111ONEONE! He's got to be 1337, right!?"

Lynx said:
I honestly think that they don't read it. I mean, Joey Q probably is just like "OH EM GEE, we have the guy who wrote Ender's Game!!!!!!!!!!!11111111ONEONE! He's got to be 1337, right!?"

At this point it wouldn't surprise me. Considering all the mistakes in the Ultimate titles (most blaringly obvious to even the most minor of fans) its apparent that if they ARE reading the issues they're definitly not paying attention.

khaaan_2.JPG

Latest posts

Back