Ultimate Iron Man #4 & Ultimates 2 #8 delayed further to 9/28.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
According to THE Shipping Update Thread, both Ultimate Iron Man #4 (By Orson Scott Card and Andy Kubert) and also Ultimates 2 #8 (By Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch), has been delayed further to 9/28/05.



No reason for the delays have been given.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Ultimate Warrior said:
It was expected considering how many Ultimate titles that was going to be released on 9/21. But it still sucks like a ten dollar whore :furious:

You, um, aren't speaking from personal experience, right?

As for the delays, I'm not surprised, but its still annoying. I'm really getting fed up with Marvel's constant delays...and I only read the Ultimate titles, yet each month it seems almost half end up late. Something needs to change over at the House of (Delayed) Ideas.

And UIM #4 is scheduled for the end of Sept., yet we still haven't heard when #5 will ship. I would think in December, but I'm not holding my breath.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Bass said:
Nuts. But we saw this coming.

you're right, its nothing new, but it still makes me want to violently jam a pitchfork into Joey Q's face...I know its not technically his fault, but as Editor in Cheif he's the one who is overall responsible for books shipping on time. If its the writer's or artist's fault, he's the one who should be kicking them in the *** to get them going. Its just ridiculous. If you feel a book won't ship on-time, don't schedule it for a specific date. I'd rather just wait for the book then to constantly be disappointed by delays...its just not the way to run a business. Its like they're a bunch of ****ing amateurs or monkeys banging computers...sorry, had to get that off my chest.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Ok, why is it that when ever there's a delay, it's always the artist or writer to get blamed first? There could be problems at the press, etc.

And Joe Q. isn't the only one who's in charge of getting things out on time.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
icemastertron said:
Ok, why is it that when ever there's a delay, it's always the artist or writer to get blamed first? There could be problems at the press, etc.

And Joe Q. isn't the only one who's in charge of getting things out on time.
Also, you can't just "feel" if something won't be out on time before it gets started on. It doesn't work that way. Things happen while books get worked on. Like people's mother getting a stroke.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
icemastertron said:
Ok, why is it that when ever there's a delay, it's always the artist or writer to get blamed first? There could be problems at the press, etc.

True, but if there were a problem with the press wouldn't a MAJORITY of their books be delayed? And since both UIM and Ultimates usually ship late I think blaming the writer/artist is justified...you don't agree?

And also notice I didn't say it was the writer or artist's fault. I said:

If its the writer's or artist's fault, he's the one who should be kicking them in the *** to get them going.

And Joe Q. isn't the only one who's in charge of getting things out on time.

Hence why I wrote:

I know its not technically his fault, but as Editor in Cheif he's the one who is overall responsible for books shipping on time.

So blame definitly falls on the Ultimate editors.

But tell me Ice, who do you think makes the final word on the shipping dates, or at least authorizes them? Its most likely Joey Q.

Bottom line, Marvel needs to get their **** together and cut down drastically on the delays. Its ridiculous, no two ways about it.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
I NEVER said you said that any of that, DB. I was saying it in General, because that's who people always say first. And yes, if its something at the press, it COULD be something major, but it could ALSO NOT be. Dont work at one, so don't know.

I don't know who has the final word in shipping dates. I doubt its Joe Q, or doubt its him oly. Dont forget about the Publisher who's also in charge of those things, Dan Buckley.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
icemastertron said:
Also, you can't just "feel" if something won't be out on time before it gets started on. It doesn't work that way. Things happen while books get worked on. Like people's mother getting a stroke.

Thats totally understandable, but barring any major disasters they've been in the business long enough to know how long it takes to complete a comic. I'm not saying anything about "feeling" in terms of scheduling. Thats why I said what I did in my post. Instead of jumping the gun and announcing a ship date for an issue when its not even close to done at that time is irresponsible, get the first few issues done before you start shipping them, thereby giving the creators enough time to get it out when its supposed to be. It would be a different story if this only happened once in awhile, but it happens at least a couple times each month with JUST THE ULTIMATE TITLES ALONE!!!!! I don't even want to think about 616.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
DIrishB said:
Thats totally understandable, but barring any major disasters they've been in the business long enough to know how long it takes to complete a comic. I'm not saying anything about "feeling" in terms of scheduling. Thats why I said what I did in my post. Instead of jumping the gun and announcing a ship date for an issue when its not even close to done at that time is irresponsible, get the first few issues done before you start shipping them, thereby giving the creators enough time to get it out when its supposed to be. It would be a different story if this only happened once in awhile, but it happens at least a couple times each month with JUST THE ULTIMATE TITLES ALONE!!!!! I don't even want to think about 616.
But it doesn't matter even if they do cuz SOMETHING always happens, no matter what. You can have things ready waaay before hand, and end up STILL having delays because of something that came up. No matter what, delays will ALWAYS happen. There's no way of stopping them, as much as we want to and try.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
icemastertron said:
I NEVER said you said that any of that, DB. I was saying it in General, because that's who people always say first. And yes, if its something at the press, it COULD be something major, but it could ALSO NOT be. Dont work at one, so don't know.

Given the context of the discussion, thats how it sounded to me. Sorry.

I don't know who has the final word in shipping dates. I doubt its Joe Q, or doubt its him oly. Dont forget about the Publisher who's also in charge of those things, Dan Buckley.

Ok, then I want to castrate Buckley with a rusty gardening shovel too then. Point is they're not doing something right, and this gross ineptitude isn't excusable. Remember what I said about the way too often shipping delays on the Ultimate titles alone. What ever happened to the days when Marvel shipped the vast majority of their books on time?
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
icemastertron said:
But it doesn't matter even if they do cuz SOMETHING always happens, no matter what. You can have things ready waaay before hand, and end up STILL having delays because of something that came up. No matter what, delays will ALWAYS happen. There's no way of stopping them, as much as we want to and try.

I can understand that, I'm talking about the large number of delays, not the fact that there is any at all. Christ, I understand they're human.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
icemastertron said:
Really? So am I.

Dude, that is SO not the way it came off, anyway I see where you're coming from and I hope you see where I'm coming from. Point is there are just TOO many delays, occasionally for good reason, but too often for none at all besides the artist or writer. Thats rookie all the way around.
 

Latest posts

Top