Ultimate Iron Man #4 & Ultimates 2 #8 delayed further to 9/28.

DIrishB said:
Dude, that is SO not the way it came off, anyway I see where you're coming from and I hope you see where I'm coming from. Point is there are just TOO many delays, occasionally for good reason, but too often for none at all besides the artist or writer. Thats rookie all the way around.
Of course I see where you're coming from. Wouldn't be having this discussion if I didn't, and it's also obvious, too. And yes, there are too many delays. Not too often cuz of anyone, unless we're told exactly why. All we can do is just get pissed, and move on.....

....and get our pitch forks and flaming torches (or whatever weapon you choose) and go to the offices (or homes, whichever is prefered) and demand what we want. :D

icemastertron said:
Of course I see where you're coming from. Wouldn't be having this discussion if I didn't, and it's also obvious, too. And yes, there are too many delays. Not too often cuz of anyone, unless we're told exactly why. All we can do is just get pissed, and move on.....

...and get our pitch forks and flaming torches (or whatever weapon you choose) and go to the offices (or homes, whichever is prefered) and demand what we want. :D

Feckin' A!!! String 'em up, boys.

This doesn't make UIM any better.

I'd like to send a message to the writers/artists of the ultimate universe.

Every time you delay an ultimate title god kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens. :cry:

The Ultimates 2 delays are starting about 2 issues sooner than I thought...this is disturbing.

MaxwellSmart said:
I'd like to send a message to the writers/artists of the ultimate universe.

Every time you delay an ultimate title god kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens. :cry:

Don't worry. I can turn burritos into kittens.

I really couldn't give a flying monkeys about Ultimate Iron Man, I gave up on that title after reading the first page of the first issue, I only get that to be a completist.

But Ultimates 8!! Oh, could they have picked a worse issue to delay!! You know, I'm really starting to worry if this whole reveal of the traitor is going to be completely anti climactic given the amount of time we've had to wait to have it resolved.

UltimateE said:
The Ultimates 2 delays are starting about 2 issues sooner than I thought...this is disturbing.

I'm surprised people are calling for blood. We all knew it would be delayed at least a week. It got delayed once to a week where all the other Ultimate titles were coming out. Marvel doesn't want all the Ultimate titles out on the same day, so they were going to push back at least two titles. It would of couse, be these two since they've already been so plagued with delays as it is (not that I'm reading Ultimate Iron Man).

Also Hitch has said that the last 4 issues (9, 10, 11, and 12 - maybe it was just the last 3? I forget.) will not be delayed as it would destroy the climax. Instead, he wants the issues preceeding it delayed to make sure these 4 come out on time. If #8 is delayed, I'm okay with that because I believe Hitch; the end of the show will be on time and one smooth ride.

At least, outside of the comic itself.

Bass said:
I'm surprised people are calling for blood. We all knew it would be delayed at least a week. It got delayed once to a week where all the other Ultimate titles were coming out. Marvel doesn't want all the Ultimate titles out on the same day, so they were going to push back at least two titles. It would of couse, be these two since they've already been so plagued with delays as it is (not that I'm reading Ultimate Iron Man).

I call for blood for even the most minor of offenses. I'm a modern day Conan the Barbarian.

Also Hitch has said that the last 4 issues (9, 10, 11, and 12 - maybe it was just the last 3? I forget.) will not be delayed as it would destroy the climax. Instead, he wants the issues preceeding it delayed to make sure these 4 come out on time. If #8 is delayed, I'm okay with that because I believe Hitch; the end of the show will be on time and one smooth ride.

Honestly, I know thats the plan, but I honestly will be extremely surprised if the rest of Ultimates 2 ships even close to on-time. Not to sound like a cynic, but based on past Ultimates shipping issues, its not likely we'll see this series end by February.

Bass said:

I agree with Bass. We should've expected this. When I read the title of the thread I just sort of shrugged. I wasn't surprised.

Bass said:

This is true, however, as much as he might try and I don't think he'll be able to do it.

ultimates delayed??????????aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

runs upstairs to room and cries the rest of the night

Last edited by a moderator:
UltimateE said:
This is true, however, as much as he might try and I don't think he'll be able to do it.

I have to agree, basing my opiniong solely on his past track record, but what better evidence is there?

ourchair said:
Good. More time to save money.

Screw that! Go get a better job or something, I want my Ultimates NOW!!! I NEED to know who the feckin' traitor is, its literally killing me not knowing. So either you need to get a better paying job, or I need to learn patience. ;)

DIrishB said:
Screw that! Go get a better job or something, I want my Ultimates NOW!!! I NEED to know who the feckin' traitor is, its literally killing me not knowing. So either you need to get a better paying job, or I need to learn patience. ;)
I'm being facetious. I can only say AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRHGGGH and !^%!@$@%@^ so many times. I tried to come up with an inventive way of releasing the frustration I feel, but everything I came up with was too tasteless and/or perverted and bound to be deleted.

ourchair said:
I'm being facetious. I can only say AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRHGGGH and !^%!@$@%@^ so many times. I tried to come up with an inventive way of releasing the frustration I feel, but everything I came up with was too tasteless and/or perverted and bound to be deleted.

Totally understandable...and I know I just sound like a whiny ***** when I complain about it, but seriously the delays on the Ultimate titles alone occur far too often. About the only Ultimate books which aren't late are USM and usually UXM. UFF is occasionally late, but when it comes to Ultimate minis, the Ultimates, etc, its almost a 95% chance of not shipping on time. I realize things come up which delay the issues' release, but in my opinion its the powers that be at Marvel who should account for possible delays by setting release dates back farther. It just seems more professional to set a date and stick to it, whether its months away or not, than to set a date, then a few weeks before its release push it back, and possibly do so several times (Ultimate Secret #3 anyone). Its like Amateur Hour at the Apollo. Its to the point where I'm almost ready to condone Marvel beginning to use slave labor to complete their projects on time.

I checked the Diamond list, and. . .it looks like Ultimates 2 #8 is still on 9/21 but Ultimate Secret #3 isn't. o_O

I will RAMPAGE if they delay Ultimate Secret again. A week for Ultimates 2 #8 won't kill me (Because it'll be worth it, plus its only a week), but. . .SECRET!? DELAYED AGAIN!? WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might just be a mistake though. . .

Lynx said:
I checked the Diamond list, and. . .it looks like Ultimates 2 #8 is still on 9/21 but Ultimate Secret #3 isn't. o_O

I will RAMPAGE if they delay Ultimate Secret again. A week for Ultimates 2 #8 won't kill me (Because it'll be worth it, plus its only a week), but. . .SECRET!? DELAYED AGAIN!? WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might just be a mistake though. . .

If you're looking at Diamond's expected list - don't. It's wrong all the time. Never go by the expected list.

UltimateE said:
If you're looking at Diamond's expected list - don't. It's wrong all the time. Never go by the expected list.

I hope so. While it'll be sad that Ultimates will be delayed, as long as Secret doesn't get delayed any longer, all is good.

'Cause there's honestly no reason for it.

Latest posts

Back