Ultimate Iron Man Continuity fixed?

Lynx

For us continuity nuts:

http://www.newsarama.com/WWPhilly06/Marvel/CupJoe/CupOJoePanel.html

"The Ultimate Iron Man story from Ultimate Team-Up is in continuity, Barber said. Fans will see how it fits in the second Ultimate Iron Man miniseries."

I already know what's going to happen. Card is going to say that the story in the UMTU issue is just a front Stark uses to avoid sharing his fantasitcal (Read: Stupid) past.

Re: Ulitimate Iron Man Continuity fixed?

Yep.

Thats been my assumption since reading Ultimate Iron Man and the editors claim the UMTU issues were still in continuity. Now we'll see it explained to some degree, hopefully (the differences in his actual past from Ultimate Iron Man and his "fake" past from UMTU #4-5).

DIrishB said:
Thats been my assumption since reading Ultimate Iron Man and the editors claim the UMTU issues were still in continuity. Now we'll see it explained to some degree, hopefully (the differences in his actual past from Ultimate Iron Man and his "fake" past from UMTU #4-5).

And the fact that he bought that apartment in Ultimates 1 #6 for his mother.

Ultimate Iron Man will always be scar on the ultimate universe, our beautiful, beautiful universe.

MaxwellSmart said:
Ultimate Iron Man will always be scar on the ultimate universe, our beautiful, beautiful universe.

I should make this the site slogan. Put it on the front page and everything.

E said:
Thank you. That's like better than a post of the day.

E said:

I concur.

But, I'm sure the people that like it (There seems to be quite a few of them, I'm suprised to say) would get really antsy.

I'm still holding out hope that UIM2 is at least mediocre.

Lynx said:
And the fact that he bought that apartment in Ultimates 1 #6 for his mother.

As for that, I'm hoping they show him buying it for some type of memorial reasons for his mother...though that might be kind of lame in execution, especially by Card. Instead, maybe have his dad remarry and he buys it for her. I'm also hoping that by the end of Iron Man II, at least continuity-wise, Tony's dad will be dead. It'll also add a new depth of dimension to the character in terms of his response to this tragedy. It'll be the second parent he's lost, but only the first he's had a chance to truly grieve for, as he never knew his mother. Ehhh, anyway, just what I'd like to see done to correct the continuity issues.

MaxwellSmart said:

:lol:

E said:

Or at least use it for a temporary signature.

Lynx said:
I'm still holding out hope that UIM2 is at least mediocre.

I am too, but I can't help but have the feeling Tony will become a transsexual genius monkey-man by the end of UIM2 and God will come down and smite him for being a sinner and an abomination...and thats the best outcome I could see with Card writing it, not to mention only worsen continuity more.

i know this is kinda off topic but is the ultimate iron man series good im thinking of checking it out ?

i dont like his new armor suit though ......

Gadzookie said:
i know this is kinda off topic but is the ultimate iron man series good im thinking of checking it out ?

It's horrible and one of the worst things I've ever read, but don't take my word for it.

E said:
It's horrible and one of the worst things I've ever read, but don't take my word for it.

Take mine.

I crap turds that are better than Ultimate Iron Man.

Lynx said:
Take mine.

I crap turds that are better than Ultimate Iron Man.

Yup, I 3rd that statement.
Card should be punished for crimes against humanity. He's caused more damage to this world than Bush could ever manage.

Lynx said:
But, I'm sure the people that like it (There seems to be quite a few of them, I'm suprised to say) would get really antsy.

Yes. and these people are foolish. Mr T would pity them back into the stoneage.

Gadzookie said:

i dont like his new armor suit though ......

First issue was good. Thats the nicest thing anyone can say about it really.

You REALLY have to know absolutely NOTHING about grown-up Ultimate Iron Man in order for Card's UIM to even remotely work.

Maybe if this was about like Ultimate War Machine it would've worked. Maybe........

Victor Von Doom said:
You REALLY have to know absolutely NOTHING about grown-up Ultimate Iron Man in order for Card's UIM to even remotely work.

Yeah but thats like flying a plane if you are blind. You may not see the ground...but its coming....

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
Yeah but thats like flying a plane if you are blind. You may not see the ground...but its coming....

That, incedentally, is what UIM 2 is about.

I'm sorry, I gave up on UIM1 at issue 3. It was dreadful. I refuse to waste money that I could more productively put into buying things to hurt myself with, such as a cactus enema kit. Its would be less painful.

Latest posts

Back