Ultimate Marrow

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I was just looking through avatars and I saw one of the mutants that got killed in the Tempest arc on Dezzas site when I looked to see what it was called it was titled Marrow... so am I too assume Ultimate Marrow has come and gone already???

Well it "looks" like Marrow, so can only guess that it is her, but then there was no name so its not definant

Giant bones growing out of her forhead. Looked enough like her that pretty much everyone assumed it was her.

Well, we can't assume that it is Marrow because the actual name never cropped up... Then again, we only got a first name ("Sara") for Marrow in the 616 universe, so...

Actually Marrow has used the name Sarah Rushman in 616 and, since she was born in the normal dimension (Rather than the Hill), its probable that she has an actual name.

616 Sinister initiated the Morlock Massacre benether the streets of New York, and Ultimate Sinister's killing spree may be read as the Ultimate version of that same event.

In both cases, a mad scientist brutally slaughters members of a community of outcast mutants -- it's the sewer-dwellers in 616, and the residents of Harlem's mutant ghetto, in the Ultimate universe (which is also the closest parallel to a "District X" in the Ultimate continuity, so far).

With that in mind, I have no trouble believing that Ultimate Marrow is dead.

Personally, I don't believe there's much a writer can do with Marrow that can't be done using Callisto, or Rogue, or even Dazzler -- any youthful female outsider with a short temper and bad attitude. So I don't think it's any major loss, if she was really the horned girl murdered by Sinister.

Well, there have been way too many X-men over the years, if they keep the core group small then I'd be happier. Referencing a dead character is just an easter egg and probably more than a lot of characters will get in the Ultimate Universe.

compound said:
616 Sinister initiated the Morlock Massacre benether the streets of New York, and Ultimate Sinister's killing spree may be read as the Ultimate version of that same event.
It has actually been referred to as the "Mutant Massacre" I believe in the tpb.

Marrow's character centered around her ugly girl with a heart of gold thing and 616 is still playing with that and her violent past. Its starting to get old.

Well, I'm just hoping that she's alive. It may get old, but if we got a character such as Marrow in the title, I believe it would shake up the title as much as, say, Gambit did...

Now here's the interesting thing. I just read a little about Marrow, and she has two hearts, and in the 616 one was removed, and the other continued to function. And Sinister was gunning for the heart right. Any chance he may not actually have killed her? I mean, it seems pretty definite that this character died right, but a shot in both hearts, I don't think so.

Guijllons said:
Now here's the interesting thing. I just read a little about Marrow, and she has two hearts, and in the 616 one was removed, and the other continued to function. And Sinister was gunning for the heart right. Any chance he may not actually have killed her? I mean, it seems pretty definite that this character died right, but a shot in both hearts, I don't think so.
Oooh, good point. IF that girl was Marrow, than she might not be dead.

icemastertron said:
Oooh, good point. IF that girl was Marrow, than she might not be dead.
This all brings up Apocalypse's realism again which we've done to death.

And she has certain limited healing properties too, looks like she could well have buggered off and .. well... gone underground.
Next appearance "Morlocks part 1"

I think she's dead... Guys, they sent an investigative team in. I don't think they would've done that if they knew she had a chance of surviving. If that was Marrow, she bit it.

Goodwill said:
OR it could make Sinister more insane if he were to find out that she lived...
Hmm....that can make him more crazy, IF things turned out to be that way. But for now, we're not completely sure.

Goodwill said:
OR it could make Sinister more insane if he were to find out that she lived...
Cos he's not crazier than a bag of ferrets with a cat and a half thrown in and then set on fire anyway. :wink:

Latest posts

Back