Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v. 3.0)

greenland said:
Oh. My. God.

I have my own attempt at an Ultimate Universe timeline here, but it's not nearly as detailed as this one! I bow to the eons of effort it must have taken to construct your timeline, DIrishB.

Gonna go sit down and wait for my head to stop spinning now.

Thanks!! Glad you like it! This one has been a work in progress for well over a year. I first started putting it together last February, and since have been making adjustments and additions with much help from the people here on the site, so I can't take sole credit. But good to see you like it. Thanks again.

EDIT: Just checked out your timeline Green. Why do you have the first 8 UXM issues before USM? UMTU #1 proves (due to Wolverine's appearance) that USM came about before UXM. I saw your reasons for placement at the bottom of the page, but USM definitly got his powers before the UXM formed. I noticed you didn't include the UMTU issues, so this might be why you placed it as you did. I also have to disagree with the UFF placements, as despite the Ultimates mentions in UFF #5, the UFF got their powers before ANY of the other heroes (according to Mark Millar himself). The first two UFF arcs cover a span of about 6 months, then during the N-Zone arc is another unspecified time jump while the Awesome shuttle is being built/converted. This is how the UFF catch up to the other titles timelines.

Last edited:
Irish - a suggestion for the next version of the timeline...a small FAQ answering the most common placement questions. I know a few things have come up several times. Maybe you could address things incorrectly placed in other timelines you've seen such as this.

UltimateE said:
Irish - a suggestion for the next version of the timeline...a small FAQ answering the most common placement questions. I know a few things have come up several times. Maybe you could address things incorrectly placed in other timelines you've seen such as this.

I've been conisdering that, and now am convinced it would be worth it. I'll try to get one finished by next week, so we can avoid the repetitive discussions in the future.

DIrishB said:
EDIT: Just checked out your timeline Green. Why do you have the first 8 UXM issues before USM? UMTU #1 proves (due to Wolverine's appearance) that USM came about before UXM. I saw your reasons for placement at the bottom of the page, but USM definitly got his powers before the UXM formed. I noticed you didn't include the UMTU issues, so this might be why you placed it as you did. I also have to disagree with the UFF placements, as despite the Ultimates mentions in UFF #5, the UFF got their powers before ANY of the other heroes (according to Mark Millar himself). The first two UFF arcs cover a span of about 6 months, then during the N-Zone arc is another unspecified time jump while the Awesome shuttle is being built/converted. This is how the UFF catch up to the other titles timelines.

Basically I didn't include UMTU and backtracked a lot of it. I thought that was the only way to make sense of it all until, of course, I saw the timeline here!

greenland said:
Basically I didn't include UMTU and backtracked a lot of it. I thought that was the only way to make sense of it all until, of course, I saw the timeline here!

Hope it helps. When I first started I also tried organizing it by months, but due to the many discrepancies and screw-ups gave up on it. Most of these were due to USM, but also in several other cases.

By the way, updated the timeline to include USM #83, Ultimate Secret #3, and Ultimate Iron Man #4.

First post, w00t!

Just wanted to say that I love the timeline man. It's uber-awesome. Back in the day (2001,2002) when my life was the Ultimate universe I was always trying to make a good timeline (much easier back then before things got complicated thanks to UFF and UIM). I've recently gotten back into reading the Ultimate books mostly thanks to the new USM game. So yeah, I just wanted to say that I love the timeline and to keep up the good work.

Fiffis said:
First post, w00t!

Just wanted to say that I love the timeline man. It's uber-awesome. Back in the day (2001,2002) when my life was the Ultimate universe I was always trying to make a good timeline (much easier back then before things got complicated thanks to UFF and UIM). I've recently gotten back into reading the Ultimate books mostly thanks to the new USM game. So yeah, I just wanted to say that I love the timeline and to keep up the good work.
WEEEEEELCOOOOME!

LET'S GET READY TO POOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!

:D

Fiffis said:
First post, w00t!

WELCOME!!!

And welcome back to the Ultimate Universe!

Fiffis said:
First post, w00t!

Thanks man. Glad you like it. Also good to see another UC member from Florida. Look forward to your posts.

Well thanks for all the warm welcomes.

I have a quick question about the timeline though. It's about the placement of the Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special. I agree with the placement of where it starts and gets split up, but you have the remainder of the issue taking place in the middle of issue 17 of USM (I take it where the One Week Later panel takes place) but right after that in issue 17 there is a scene with Mary Jane talking to Peter about the Super Hero project. The project is mentioned again in the Doc Ock storyline and I believe it's mentioned again in the Green Goblin story arc that comes next. In the Super Special it shows Peter giving his project in front of class (and of course Kong as the Punisher which I still find funny to this day for some reason).

So my question for you is, shouldn't the end of the Super Special come somewhere between issue 27 and 29? Maybe before or after the stand alone tale in 28? Because after the Green Goblin arc it's never mentioned again.

I'm not trying to start a problem or anything, but I was just wondering if this placement was intentional or not.

If my incoherent ramblings don't make sense I apologize. I'm quite tired and it's been a long day.

Fiffis said:
Well thanks for all the warm welcomes.

I have a quick question about the timeline though. It's about the placement of the Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special. I agree with the placement of where it starts and gets split up, but you have the remainder of the issue taking place in the middle of issue 17 of USM (I take it where the One Week Later panel takes place) but right after that in issue 17 there is a scene with Mary Jane talking to Peter about the Super Hero project. The project is mentioned again in the Doc Ock storyline and I believe it's mentioned again in the Green Goblin story arc that comes next. In the Super Special it shows Peter giving his project in front of class (and of course Kong as the Punisher which I still find funny to this day for some reason).

So my question for you is, shouldn't the end of the Super Special come somewhere between issue 27 and 29? Maybe before or after the stand alone tale in 28? Because after the Green Goblin arc it's never mentioned again.

I'm not trying to start a problem or anything, but I was just wondering if this placement was intentional or not.

If my incoherent ramblings don't make sense I apologize. I'm quite tired and it's been a long day.

Well we know it leads directly into USM #14 due to the exact same dialogue and paneling being used for both issues. And the reason I placed it where I did is due to the Captain America unveiling at the end of Ultimates #3 conincides with the screen in the background and comments about Cap's return. Check out the issues in the order I placed them and you'll see what I mean.

As for the project mentions in the other cases, I'll have to go back and check as I can't remember off the top of my head, but if that is the case it'll have to be chalked up to another discrepancy. But the Captain America unveiling firmly places the second half of the Super Special right after Ultimates #3.

Fiffis said:
Good point. Possibly a third part then? Like after the Captain America section it gets split again?

Whew boy...I love me some continuity.

Ok, had to go back and check, but you were right. I remember now the reason I had placed it like that in the first place was to reconcile the fact that the Triskelion was still being constructed in Ultimates #2, yet appeared completed during the USM Legacy arc, so I had placed it before, and forgot all about the Super-Hero assignment story. Anyway, by breaking up the USM Super Special a bit more it all works out.

Thanks for the heads up Fiffis, you just did your part to make the timeline more accurate. Good eye man.

By the way, if anyone notices any screw-ups that can't be explained due to a discrepancy, please be sure to let me know so I can fix it. Just post what you think needs to be adjusted or changed, and I'll either fix it or let you know why I'm not going to (if its due to a continuity issue for instance, or someone saying the first two UFF arcs should occur after the Ultimates).

4,000th post!

Hi, i feel the need to point out some title mishaps. USM #7 is called Secret Identity on the cover and title page and not revelations.

At least, not in the comics i have anyway.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back