Ultimate Mockingbird idea

Rhyo said:
Does it really say that Mock has a superpower? Because nothing I've ever read (the West Coast Avengers/Avengers West Coast stories, the Solo Avengers spotlights) ever even hinted that.

The closest thing she has to a superpower is sarcastic wit, which she allegedly uses to enrage opponents into unwise attacks. That was the theory, anyway, but most writers had trouble with the "sarcastic wit" thing and she ends up sounding shrill or *****y. Her best zingers were usually used against Hawkeye. Gotta hand him that, he's always been attracted to women who were at LEAST his equal, if not even actually able to hand him his head. For the most part, male egos in the superhero world don't allow that.

It said something about her being farsighted under 'Super Human Powers'. So I figured her abilities were super-sight, but that could just be a misprint.

Hawkeye101 said:
DC is the most childish way to portray super-heroes. The DC world is almost completely Totolitarian, the Super-Team isn't even feared by the government, and no one openly opposes them, or at least not often enough. Each of the heroes are either too indestructible, or never seem to get shot.

Prime example: Superman. Too FREEKING indestructible. One could make the same argument about Thor, yet you saw what happened to him in "The Passion". You couldn't do that to Superman. The only thing that can hurt him is Kryptonite, and there isn't enough of it around to keep him killed. Otherwise it all like: 'Hey, an army has made it to US coast, oh, well, WE don't have to do anything, because Superman is super-indestructible and can take care of all Twenty-thousand of them himself.

Like wise with Wonder Woman now with flight instead of her jet. And all of them for that matter. And who said that the DC heroes are supposed to have the upper hand on the Marvel heroes? When ever the two face off, DC always has the upper hand. ARG! They are stupid childish and should be left for the toddlers.

Someone once said to me, 'Anyone can write Marvel, but if you want to write DC you have to read the odessy or the illiad for insparation'. DC storues are epics."

BULL ****. In order to be an epic you need three things, The hero must have a characteristic flaw (not a physical weakness), they must be on a journey to make themselves a better person, and you must have Deus Ek Machina (machine of the gods, or the gods must interfere). In comics the 'gods' are the super powers that the hero stumbles apon. So both DC and Marvel have Deus Ek Machina. But DC lacks the other two. Again, Superman has no characteristic flaw and does not go on journeys to better himself. Neither does Wonder Woman, the Greeen Lantern, Flash, etc. They don't follow the giudelines to be an epic.

Marvel, on the ohter hand, does. Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Professor Xavier to an extent, all have some kind of flaw and do what they do to make themselves a better person in order to correct their character flaw.

And that is why DC blows sooooo much ***.
Spoken like a true fanboy who doesn't bother to actually look into what he's talking about.

Doc Comic said:
Spoken like a true fanboy who doesn't bother to actually look into what he's talking about.

Oh, believe me, I have TRIED reading DC. The only one that doesn't make me want to gag is Batman. Batman can pull off the decent story I'm looking for. But Superman? Green Lantern (whom I actually kind of like)? They are too powerful to pull a decent story out of. I mean if a wave of Super villains attacks them, it's no big deal. Unless they come armed with their weakness, Superman and GL can whack at them all day. No prob. Superman has everything, flight, super strength, laser vision, ice breath, super speed, impervious, etc. Some one told me that Superman can go so fast that he can phase through walls! What the ****! Now he has phasing? Ugh!

Black Widow, Punisher, Blade, Hawkeye, Daredevil, yes some of them have powers, but the are 'down to earth' about it. They still can and do get bloody when they go into battle against common threats. They don't need a Superbrain from Krypton, or Kryptyonian convicts, or a monster who controls his own slave-driven planet.

Superman isn't a hero. He isn't putting his life on the line, because no one can take it from him! Hawkeye, Punisher, Black Widow, Blade, Daredevil, and The Punisher always have to go out and know that they may not come back, yet they still go out and do it anyways. The sceane in 'Homeland Security' where Hawkeye is calling Laura and the Kids to say goodbuy because he KNOWS it may be his last trip. THAT is what makes them true heroes.

At best Superman has to keep up his love-life with Lois. That is his only challange. And it is absolutely stupid that it had taken her so long to figure out that Clark is Superman. They man doesn't even wear a mask. Anyways, I'm done.

Hawkeye101 said:
Oh, believe me, I have TRIED reading DC. The only one that doesn't make me want to gag is Batman. Batman can pull off the decent story I'm looking for. But Superman? Green Lantern (whom I actually kind of like)? They are too powerful to pull a decent story out of. I mean if a wave of Super villains attacks them, it's no big deal. Unless they come armed with their weakness, Superman and GL can whack at them all day. No prob. Superman has everything, flight, super strength, laser vision, ice breath, super speed, impervious, etc. Some one told me that Superman can go so fast that he can phase through walls! What the ****! Now he has phasing? Ugh!

Black Widow, Punisher, Blade, Hawkeye, Daredevil, yes some of them have powers, but the are 'down to earth' about it. They still can and do get bloody when they go into battle against common threats. They don't need a Superbrain from Krypton, or Kryptyonian convicts, or a monster who controls his own slave-driven planet.

Superman isn't a hero. He isn't putting his life on the line, because no one can take it from him! Hawkeye, Punisher, Black Widow, Blade, Daredevil, and The Punisher always have to go out and know that they may not come back, yet they still go out and do it anyways. The sceane in 'Homeland Security' where Hawkeye is calling Laura and the Kids to say goodbuy because he KNOWS it may be his last trip. THAT is what makes them true heroes.

At best Superman has to keep up his love-life with Lois. That is his only challange. And it is absolutely stupid that it had taken her so long to figure out that Clark is Superman. They man doesn't even wear a mask. Anyways, I'm done.

Yeah, come read Ultimate DC then. It's more 'real' if you like.

Hawkeye101 said:

They've been married for 7 years now. I don't agree with you one bit. Just causes hes ultra powerful doesn't mean that he's not a hero. Where did you get your idea of what a epic is? I mean how is what Spider-Man does trying to better himself? If you don't like whatever. But your reasoning sucks.

thee great one said:
They've been married for 7 years now. I don't agree with you one bit. Just causes hes ultra powerful doesn't mean that he's not a hero. Where did you get your idea of what a epic is? I mean how is what Spider-Man does trying to better himself? If you don't like whatever. But your reasoning sucks.

My IDEA of an epic, isn't my idea, it's what I have been taught in my advanced English classes I took in Iowa (which is 3rd in the US for highest grades). And that is what an epic is. Sorry, I didn't make the rules for it, and DC doesn't qualify (at least as a whole). Spider-Man's mythology is based around 'With Great Power comes great responsibility', Peter constantly has to make himself as better man as Peter Parker, but is constantly hindered by the responsibilities of Spider-Man. Which is more important, the date with his wife, or the fact that Doc Ock is trying to set off a neuclear reactor. As for Superman and Lois being married now makes his mythology worse. Now she has conceded to the fact that he is Superman and has said 'I do' to him and his lifestyle melting away what was left of Superman's conflict as a super hero. On top of that, he has NO worries when he goes out to fight the bad guy, hes indestructible. He has even dies, and because of the sun he was brough back to life! ARG! He is too indestructible, and If you can get him dead, just bake him in hte sun for a few hours, he'll be okay. There is no challange for him. Even if the task is difficult, he can still do it, because NOTHING can stop him.

You know why Hawkeye, Deadpool, Daredevil, and others like them intrague me? Because even though some aren't indestructible (Daredevil, Hawkeye, Black Widow), and some have no reason to help humanity (Deadpool, X-Men, Thor) they do it anyway. Not because it is the right thing to do, and not because they're forced to, but because they have a personal reason to make themselves a better person.

Ah, yes, Mockingbird. She needs to be the character who brings Hawkeye out of his funk. She needs to be the one Hawkeye has to get his mind off of Laura and the Kids. Hawkeye's new romance. Ya know.

Hawkeye101 said:
DC is the most childish way to portray super-heroes. The DC world is almost completely Totolitarian, the Super-Team isn't even feared by the government, and no one openly opposes them, or at least not often enough. Each of the heroes are either too indestructible, or never seem to get shot.

Prime example: Superman. Too FREEKING indestructible. One could make the same argument about Thor, yet you saw what happened to him in "The Passion". You couldn't do that to Superman. The only thing that can hurt him is Kryptonite, and there isn't enough of it around to keep him killed. Otherwise it all like: 'Hey, an army has made it to US coast, oh, well, WE don't have to do anything, because Superman is super-indestructible and can take care of all Twenty-thousand of them himself.

Like wise with Wonder Woman now with flight instead of her jet. And all of them for that matter. And who said that the DC heroes are supposed to have the upper hand on the Marvel heroes? When ever the two face off, DC always has the upper hand. ARG! They are stupid childish and should be left for the toddlers.

Someone once said to me, 'Anyone can write Marvel, but if you want to write DC you have to read the odessy or the illiad for insparation'. DC storues are epics."

BULL ****. In order to be an epic you need three things, The hero must have a characteristic flaw (not a physical weakness), they must be on a journey to make themselves a better person, and you must have Deus Ek Machina (machine of the gods, or the gods must interfere). In comics the 'gods' are the super powers that the hero stumbles apon. So both DC and Marvel have Deus Ek Machina. But DC lacks the other two. Again, Superman has no characteristic flaw and does not go on journeys to better himself. Neither does Wonder Woman, the Greeen Lantern, Flash, etc. They don't follow the giudelines to be an epic.

Marvel, on the ohter hand, does. Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Professor Xavier to an extent, all have some kind of flaw and do what they do to make themselves a better person in order to correct their character flaw.

And that is why DC blows sooooo much ***.
I, a great big slave who suckles on the teats of Marvel have but only one thing to say to this: "WHATEVER."

Hawkeye101 said:
Ah, yes, Mockingbird. She needs to be the character who brings Hawkeye out of his funk. She needs to be the one Hawkeye has to get his mind off of Laura and the Kids. Hawkeye's new romance. Ya know.
Not a bad idea, honestly (if one can overlook the delusional certainty that your beloved namesake is still among the living, of course)...

compound said:
Not a bad idea, honestly (if one can overlook the delusional certainty that your beloved namesake is still among the living, of course)...

Vegas odds makers say 70:30 he's still alive.

(Well, no, they don't. But if they DID list odds for that kind of thing, that's what they'd list, I feel sure.)

It might also be interesting to bring bits of Mockingbird's 616 past in here and twist it around. She was a SHIELD agent who discovered corruption at the highest levels of SHIELD, worked at exposing it, was called a traitor (by the traitors themselves, naturally). She was bringing the evidence to Nick Fury when she was shot, saving his life. We can assume she was more than a bit bitter and angry about her treatment by SHIELD (and Fury) because she left SHIELD to be a freelancer as soon as she recovered.

It'd be pretty fun and ironic to have Nick Fury dealing with a traitor in SHIELD before the current Ultimates arc, yes? Possibly dealing with it not so well, either.

Rhyo said:
Vegas odds makers say 70:30 he's still alive.

(Well, no, they don't. But if they DID list odds for that kind of thing, that's what they'd list, I feel sure.)

It might also be interesting to bring bits of Mockingbird's 616 past in here and twist it around. She was a SHIELD agent who discovered corruption at the highest levels of SHIELD, worked at exposing it, was called a traitor (by the traitors themselves, naturally). She was bringing the evidence to Nick Fury when she was shot, saving his life. We can assume she was more than a bit bitter and angry about her treatment by SHIELD (and Fury) because she left SHIELD to be a freelancer as soon as she recovered.

It'd be pretty fun and ironic to have Nick Fury dealing with a traitor in SHIELD before the current Ultimates arc, yes? Possibly dealing with it not so well, either.

Yeah, theres that Theory that the Ultimates and SHIELD will split. Right? Mockingbird can do the 'exposing the traitor' thing right? So then we jump to her getting booted off of SHIELD, and using her weapons/fighting ability/sarcastic whit to bring Hawkeye out of his funk, his love for SHIELD and bring him into the arms of the separated Ultimates.

And oh yeah, one more thing:

HAWKEYE IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hawkeye101 said:
Mockingbird can do the 'exposing the traitor' thing right? So then we jump to her getting booted off of SHIELD, and using her weapons/fighting ability/sarcastic whit to bring Hawkeye out of his funk, his love for SHIELD and bring him into the arms of the separated Ultimates.
Uh... how about not?

ourchair said:
Uh... how about not?

What? That is actually a simplified version of a more complicated story (and when I say outing the traitor, I mean the SHIELD agents doing illegal stuff, not the actual Traitor from Ultimates 2).

Latest posts

Back