Ultimate MODOK

I'd make MODOK be some kind of computer system, just like Compound's Impossible Man idea.

I'd make A.I.M. into an electronics company. Just the name - Advanced Idea Mechanics - sounds like some kind of Microsoft rival. A.I.M. is on SHIELD's radar because the company has been known for some urban legends, such as a supposed secret division dedicated to some not-so-moral experiments. SHIELD seems to be into everything, including investigating urban legends. George Tarleton, an A.I.M. inventor, informs Nick Fury of the secret division, most notably the M.O.D.O.K. Project, which is designed to create the perfect cybernetic organism, one that can interact with the internet and the world's computer networks. A.I.M., of course, has had their eye on SHIELD, too, with hidden cameras planted inside various A.I.M. technologies inside of the Triskelion. They capture Tarleton and decide that he's the perfect candidate for the M.O.D.O.K. Project. His body is fused with various technologies, including Sentinel technology and reverse-engineered technology from Mahr-Vell's suit. Tarleton also knows everything, due to his constant access to the internet. He is basically a living extension of the internet. A side effect, however, is the development of psionic powers. Tarleton loses his sanity and kills A.I.M.'s CEO, taking over himself. A new urban legend forms that the head of A.I.M. is actually a cyborg. Nick Fury laughs at it as he closes down the urban legend information division of SHIELD.

Mike Carey already used the self-modified brain-enhancement gimmick with Rhona Burchill/Ultimate Mad Thinker in UFF.

My suggestion? If we're stuck with Orson Scott Card's horrible "brain body" idea for Ultimate Iron Man as legitimate UU continuity, then we might as well use the neural virus as a mutli-purpose plot device, linking all the brain-themed villains: MODOK, The Leader, Ms. MODOK(!), the Wizard, and so forth. It makes sense, in the larger context of the 'superhuman arms race' idea established by Millar.

Last edited:
compound said:
Mike Carey already used the self-modified brain-enhancement gimmick with Rhona Burchill/Ultimate Mad Thinker in UFF.

My suggestion? If we're stuck with Orson Scott Card's horrible "brain body" idea for Ultimate Iron Man as legitimate UU continuity, then we might as well use the neural virus as a mutli-purpose plot device, linking all the brain-themed villains: MODOK, The Leader, Ms. MODOK(!), the Wizard, and so forth. It makes sense, in the larger context of the 'superhuman arms race' idea established by Millar.
You are ingenious and sick. I hate you.

It really isn't brain enhancement, for my idea. It's a sick computer company using biotechnology on him to control and alter worldwide information networks, especially the internet.

Doc Comic said:
It really isn't brain enhancement, for my idea. It's a sick computer company using biotechnology on him to control and alter worldwide information networks, especially the internet.
I didn't say that in relation to your idea -- I'm really sorry about the mix-up. Brain enhancement seemed like the most obvious route to Ultimize MODOK, in general. That's what I meant.

I'd make A.I.M. into an electronics company. Just the name - Advanced Idea Mechanics - sounds like some kind of Microsoft rival. A.I.M. is on SHIELD's radar because the company has been known for some urban legends, such as a supposed secret division dedicated to some not-so-moral experiments. SHIELD seems to be into everything, including investigating urban legends. George Tarleton, an A.I.M. inventor, informs Nick Fury of the secret division, most notably the M.O.D.O.K. Project, which is designed to create the perfect cybernetic organism, one that can interact with the internet and the world's computer networks. A.I.M., of course, has had their eye on SHIELD, too, with hidden cameras planted inside various A.I.M. technologies inside of the Triskelion. They capture Tarleton and decide that he's the perfect candidate for the M.O.D.O.K. Project. His body is fused with various technologies, including Sentinel technology and reverse-engineered technology from Mahr-Vell's suit. Tarleton also knows everything, due to his constant access to the internet. He is basically a living extension of the internet. A side effect, however, is the development of psionic powers. Tarleton loses his sanity and kills A.I.M.'s CEO, taking over himself. A new urban legend forms that the head of A.I.M. is actually a cyborg. Nick Fury laughs at it as he closes down the urban legend information division of SHIELD.
i really like this idea, but the end with fury laughing & closing it down, i would prefer that he put more people onto the case & it lead into a few arc/mini-series where aim could Ultimize more villians & have a proper AIM vs SHIELD event

I don't really see what's unrealistic about him that he needs to be Ultimized.

Maybe he could have some sort of earring or backwards baseball cap, but any more than that you're messing with perfection.

thread20resurrection.gif

I forgot how genius idea was. I'd totally be down for this.

Nanomonkeys can be a good thing.

Just saying is all....

Latest posts

Back