Ultimate Namor idea

Guijllons said:
i hope he wears more clothes than those green speedos.

I still have trouble with the idea of atlantis, a whole undiscovered civilisation under the sea. I mentioned before about making Namor somehow less human looking, and I think that needs to be considered. Also humans do have vestigial embryonic gill slits still, if these attributes were to become dominant then it stands to reason that other attributes would develop to a greater degree also.

though, I really like the idea as it stands. If there was a new humanoid sub-species discovered it would be most likely that Sue Storm would beg for the opportunity to study them.
I actually agree with everything you've said here. Good thoughts.

Guijllons said:
I mentioned before about making Namor somehow less human looking, and I think that needs to be considered. Also humans do have vestigial embryonic gill slits still, if these attributes were to become dominant then it stands to reason that other attributes would develop to a greater degree also.

though, I really like the idea as it stands. If there was a new humanoid sub-species discovered it would be most likely that Sue Storm would beg for the opportunity to study them.
In that case, let me revise my idea of Ultimate Namor being drawn to look like Yul Brynner from The King and I. Instead he should look like Yul Brynner during the last days of his terminal cancer. He most definitely looked less human there! :D

Well, I certainly wouldn't want him to look any less human than he does in 616. I think it would be a stretch if he was more fish than man... Sure he could have gills and so scales under his arms, but I'd rather subtle details rather than the ones you're asking for.

Just wanted to get the attention of a moderator here to move this thread to the baseless speculation forum, assuming it's here to stay.

ourchair said:
Just wanted to get the attention of a moderator here to move this thread to the baseless speculation forum, assuming it's here to stay.

Done...thanks for the notice.

There is a plot hole.

Man is found that can breathe underwater and control water doesn't equal scientific marvel.

He's a mutant.

Until that's proved different, few people would care. It doesn't take much to fix. A character just points out what this guy does, Reed says, "So why are we inspecting a mutant?" and Ross or whoever says, "He's not a mutant. He's new."

Then there's a mystery.

I also love the idea of Namor telling this far off tales of wonder, romance, and chivalry of a long-lost civilisation. I can imagine his joy and his sorrow would be a truly wondrous and fantastic thing to see and no wonder Sue would begin to fall for him.

While I actually like the idea, one thing Millar did do in his run was make Namor a prisoner. That was a good twist and turned him into a villain.

Your Namor seems to lack conflict, save a forced fight here and there when he annoys someone. He doesn't seem to have a villainous goal (world domination, simple destruction, revenge, greed, etc) or goals of any kind.

Also, there seems to be a lack of real maximising on Namor here, instead feeling like "their first meeting is different" and then its 616 stories all over again.

To be fair, that's how most of the UU is designed, and you're idea isn't bad - but I don't think it goes nearly far enough.

That said, I always thought it could be cool to have Namor to do very little with water.

Atlantis has always been linked with Ancient Egypt - which sprung out of nowhere. There are no progessions of Ancient Egyptian culture. It's not there and then suddenly - it's there. Unlike say, England or America, whose culture you can trace gradually, Ancient Egypt just appears, fully finished, on the Nile Banks. From nomadic tribes to full-fledged theocratic civilization that lasted 6000 years. The idea is that they didn not create the culture, they inherited it.

But from where? This is where some say "ALIENS!"

Here's a theory. Humanity will only thrive where there is an abundance of food, water and shelter. The Nile is of course one such place. So was the Sahara desert. 10,000 years ago, the Sahara desert was actually a savannah. It was essentially a paradise, with animal herds, fresh water, shelter, trees, etc. Considering the sheer abundance in this savannah, dare we say, garden of paradise, the people were considered much wealthier and more important than the nomads who lived on the Nile banks.

However, the savannah eventually became a desert, they were cast out of the garden, and forced to find a new place to live. They went to the Nile where they were seen as a ruling class, and while they had left their point of origin, they brought their culture, and their knowledge with them. And they founded Ancient Egypt.

This is why Ancient Egypt just 'appears', because they inherited it from the older civilisation that came from the Saharan savannah, who lost all they had when their world was sunk into sand.

Atlantis.

It would be more original, and possibly even truer than the mer-people who live under the sea and are so advanced that they're dead and forgotten like everyone always does all the ****ing time.

But maybe it wouldn't be appropriate for Fantastic Four.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back