Ultimate Namor idea

Nurhachi said:
Do you think Namor could be from the N-Zone? Leaving that dying dimension for the waterways of earth?
That's pretty interesting. Or Atlantis itself is from the N-Zone. Or something. But I'm thinking that the UFF will try to focus away from the N-Zone after awhile. We've already had three arcs witht he N-Zone, so I guess Millar or Carey will try to take a break from it with their story ideas.

Well, maybe the N-Zone will be the cause of many of the FF villains. Similar to how Osborne/Hammer were the cause of Spideys

I wouldn't rule that out by any means but I doubt it will be with Namor. There's just too much assosciated with Atlantis outside comics to bring it in plausibly (in my mind at least). That said, I wouldn't object if it was done believably, its just my standards for "believably" are getting pretty high.

Well, I really think that Millar's going to focus more on the underground civilization that Mole Man discovered in the first arc. If I remember correctly, that beastly dragon came from a dying civilization, which could really be Atlantis, and I would like to see that explained a little more. There's potential in a lot of interesting storylines in Mole Man and what he discovered yet... I'd love to see Namor pop up to make it a little more interesting!

Goodwill said:
Well, I really think that Millar's going to focus more on the underground civilization that Mole Man discovered in the first arc. If I remember correctly, that beastly dragon came from a dying civilization, which could really be Atlantis, and I would like to see that explained a little more. There's potential in a lot of interesting storylines in Mole Man and what he discovered yet... I'd love to see Namor pop up to make it a little more interesting!

Are you saying you'd like the Namor story arc to be a Mole-Man story? I'd prefer no connection between Mole-Man and Atlantis yet, with thepossible exception of that underground base. He's not there anymore though and I don't want his reappearance to try and overshadow Namor (althogh I sort of doubt anyone would be silly enough to attempt it)

I think it would be a cool idea to have Mole Man reintroduced for something like the Atlantis arc because he was looking for it and, if not at the Baxter, where else would he show up? He could be a person that actually accepted their culture and, in turn, they accepted him, and the UFF go down there and find him and Namor and have a good old time... I don't know. It would be an oppurtunity wasted if Millar didn't toy with Mole Man.

I agree with that, I just don't think that it should interfere with the Atlantis story arc. I see the connection but I don't like the idea that Mole-man would be involved.

Caduceus said:
I agree with that, I just don't think that it should interfere with the Atlantis story arc. I see the connection but I don't like the idea that Mole-man would be involved.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same. You got a good idea going on there, GW, probably just shouldn't go on with the Namor arc. It'll take time away from what is supposed to be Namor's time. Some other arc...I wouldn't see it as a problem.

Fully agree with you. Maybe they could be exploring Molemans findings and go deaper and deaper underground till they reach an underwater cavern where Namor is.

Fun Fact: Namor is Roman backwards :s

icemastertron said:
Yeah, I'm thinking the same. You got a good idea going on there, GW, probably just shouldn't go on with the Namor arc. It'll take time away from what is supposed to be Namor's time. Some other arc...I wouldn't see it as a problem.

Well, I'm guessing that all of you are assuming that Namor will be a villain at first, which would mean that Mole Man is obsolete, right? I was thinking he'd be an ally.

Goodwill said:
Well, I'm guessing that all of you are assuming that Namor will be a villain at first, which would mean that Mole Man is obsolete, right? I was thinking he'd be an ally.
I'm not assuming he'll be either. If he's a villain, Mole-man is obsolete as you said, if he's an ally, I'd be terribly disappointed with a straight-up FF meet Namor and help him do something. There has to be some kind of conflict in the story be it action or personal conflict and having a Namor-centric arc without any kind of conflict is practically impossible.

Well, Mole Man could come in and introduce a new culture to these Atlanteans and one that the Prince, Namor, doesn't particularly like. The FF unearth the civilization, too, they fight with Namor in his attempts to get them to stay out, however, it becomes a friendship and the five of them fight Mole Man out. I think that if it were entirely in the perspective of Namor it would fit your idea, Cad.

Goodwill said:
I'm not assuming anything. :roll:

Caduceus said:
I'm not assuming he'll be either. If he's a villain, Mole-man is obsolete as you said, if he's an ally, I'd be terribly disappointed with a straight-up FF meet Namor and help him do something. There has to be some kind of conflict in the story be it action or personal conflict and having a Namor-centric arc without any kind of conflict is practically impossible.
Well, the way I'd like to see Ultimate Namor shape up as a story arc would turn the character more into a lovable rogue who doesn't have so much a sinister agenda so much as he does a need to evade the forces of the government. In which case he could become a sort of vagrant character who returns once in awhile to help/haunt the Fantastic Four.

Think of him as an uncle from the distant part of the UFF's "First Family" who brings tension and problems as often as he does support.

Sort of like "you can take the boy out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the boy"? I mean, he meets civilization and the government comes in and wants him to become this puppet of theirs and he stubbornly refuses... Is that what you're talking about?>

Also, Ice, do tell us what you meant.

What I'm basically saying is that in Namor's arc, Mole Man shouldn't be there, cuz the arc is going to be about Namor. Not Namor plus guest. The arc is only going to be 3 issues long, anyways, so time will be taken away from Namor if Mole Man is in it too.

Well, it was just a thought, first of all... I don't think that him falling down a pit is a very good closure for any character, especially one with as much potential as the Mole.

I do admit that I would like to have Namor in his own arc. I think he's going to be a very important character in the UFF.

Goodwill said:
Well, it was just a thought, first of all... I don't think that him falling down a pit is a very good closure for any character, especially one with as much potential as the Mole.

I do admit that I would like to have Namor in his own arc. I think he's going to be a very important character in the UFF.
I do believe Millar has confirmed that he'll be using him in an arc that's part of his 12 issue maxi-arc.

i hope he wears more clothes than those green speedos.

I still have trouble with the idea of atlantis, a whole undiscovered civilisation under the sea. I mentioned before about making Namor somehow less human looking, and I think that needs to be considered. Also humans do have vestigial embryonic gill slits still, if these attributes were to become dominant then it stands to reason that other attributes would develop to a greater degree also.

though, I really like the idea as it stands. If there was a new humanoid sub-species discovered it would be most likely that Sue Storm would beg for the opportunity to study them.

Latest posts

Back