Ultimate Nightmare continuity

René

Starring in "The Longest Yard", opening Memorial D
Is Ultimate Nightmare after Ultimates Vol. 1 or is this during regular continuity?

Well, seeing as how Volume 1 was nearly a continuous flow of events from issue 1 to 13, and everything else featuring the Ultimates (War, Six) has been after it... I think we're safe in saying it's after Volume 1. And what do you mean regular continuity? Is there an irregular continuity?

Volume 1 happened before every other appearance by the Ultimates, even if the comics came out before or during Volume 1. This is according to Mark Millar. Timewise, Ultimates 2 will take place after everything that has happened already. Yes, there are a few quirks in the continuity in this regard, but Millar said it himself.

Outside of Ultimates #8 vs. Ultimate War #1, what else is there for continuity quirks? Since Ultimates 2 #1 is a full year after Ultimates 1 #13, that gives us a good long while to stick in UW, U6, and the trilogy.

...MY GOD...I DONT KNOW!!! Well the costumes? I mean look at the new cosutmes and the one everyone else is drawing.

Everything happens after Ultimates Volume 1. Everything except flashbacks and crap like that.

Well look X! Ultimate Secret has the UFF and the Ultimates. The UFF is after Vol 1. The Ultimates still have the old coustmes. Or at least Tony still has his old Iron Man costume when he should have the new one!

Well, Ultimate Secret is conjoined with Nightmare, meaning it is in the middle of Vol. 1 and 2. Yes, it will get sticky but bare with it. ;)

Something more important:
When does Ultimate Nightmare happen compared to Ultimate X-Men?
Between Tempest and Cry Wolf?
Between New Mutants and Tempest? (unlikely, because they tie right into each other)
Between Blockbuster and New Mutants?
Between RotK and Blockbuster? (unlikely, because of Wolverine's presence)

Anyway, have you noticed that the Ultimate X-Men get quite a poor treatment, compared to the Ultimates? To me, it feels like Ellis doesn't have anything to say about the X-Men.
1. We get a proper explanation, why Fury chose his team.
The X-men seem to be random (where is cyclops, as profilent team leader?)
2. The X-Men son't seem to have any personal relations. They behave like mashines, that don't care about anything beyond the mission.

Ricky said:
Anyway, have you noticed that the Ultimate X-Men get quite a poor treatment, compared to the Ultimates? To me, it feels like Ellis doesn't have anything to say about the X-Men.
1. We get a proper explanation, why Fury chose his team.
The X-men seem to be random (where is cyclops, as profilent team leader?)
2. The X-Men son't seem to have any personal relations. They behave like mashines, that don't care about anything beyond the mission.

Well, I think I read it in Wizard that he said that he wanted Colossus because he can speak Russian, Marvel Girl is a telepath so I guess she can kinda find things out by reading people's mind and Wolverine... I guess Wolverine was kinda random. I think of all the Crossovers Ultimate War was the best one cause Millar at least connected it with Ultimate X-Men

Anyway, have you noticed that the Ultimate X-Men get quite a poor treatment, compared to the Ultimates?

Compared to anyone. Not just in Ult. Nightmare - Marvel can't/won't put a regular creative team on the title.

UltimateE said:
Anyway, have you noticed that the Ultimate X-Men get quite a poor treatment, compared to the Ultimates?

Compared to anyone. Not just in Ult. Nightmare - Marvel can't/won't put a regular creative team on the title.

Well X-Men is their biggest franchise right now! So for Marvel it isnt important I guess. But when Bendis was on the book, one of the works at the comic book store said that sales had gone down, and I ask him if with Vaughan the sales are the same and he said no! Sales had gone up alot more

Well, I guess this tends to be a problem when we don't have a stable writer for more than 12 issues, huh? It's ridiculous, really...

I think that the X-Men need to be seperated or something... There's just so much you can do to try and get the point across that they want peaceful coexistance.

Well, I guess this tends to be a problem when we don't have a stable writer for more than 12 issues, huh?

In a way, I agree. The ultimate editing dept. is pretty loose.

Colossus for regional knowledge, Jean because she's telepathic and therefore has had mental contact with whatever is transmitting, and Wolverine for muscle. Obvious, no?

jtg3885 said:
Colossus for regional knowledge, Jean because she's telepathic and therefore has had mental contact with whatever is transmitting, and Wolverine for muscle. Obvious, no?

True!

Yeah, but Cyclops (as steady team leader), Jean (because of her abilities) and Colossus (because he is russian) would have made a lot of more sense. It'd be the team you'd expect. Or at least I'd expect. He should at least have given any (ANY!) explanation for Cyclops not being chosen.

Still, where should we put this book, continuity-wise compared to Ult. X-Men?

Ricky said:
Yeah, but Cyclops (as steady team leader), Jean (because of her abilities) and Colossus (because he is russian) would have made a lot of more sense. It'd be the team you'd expect. Or at least I'd expect. He should at least have given any (ANY!) explanation for Cyclops not being chosen.

Still, where should we put this book, continuity-wise compared to Ult. X-Men?

Because it is Wolverine incorporated not marvel.... wolverine must be in everything! :D

Because the mission was supposed to be a quick retrieval of a possibly abused mutant. You don't send your general on a Black Ops mission, you send your best possible soldiers with the skills needed to do the job.

Latest posts

Back