Ultimate Nightmare Ultimizations

I'm fairly certain that someone officially said it was Crimson Dynamo...I don't think it was Ellis (but it might have been) and I don't know who it was.

Frapalino said:
i just read it yesterday.

falcon is the black guy with wings right?

and vision is the legless robot thing right?
Did you like it?

Yes, Falcon is the Black guy with the wings.

Yes, Vision is the legless robot thing.

ourchair said:
Hehehe, you speak the truth. I wish Grant Morrison would write for the Ultimate line, if only because he gives the wackiest interviews explaining his work: often a confusing mix in which you can't tell when he's kidding or not.

Which I LIKE. I care less about the REASONS behind Morrison's/Ellis' work than I do what they have to say about it. :D

UltimateE said:
Agreed.

I'm subscribed to Ellis's email newsletter and unless I've missed it, he hasn't said anything about the delay in Ultimate Secret, other than saying he's had "bad luck" lately with scheduling or something along those lines; it was never mentioned by name. I would argue that Secret is probably his highest profile work right now; why wouldn't he at least address it? Or thank Bendis for explaining it?

Uh-oh, looks like E is continuing this off-topic conversation. Tsk, tsk.

Anyway, let me steer back on top before I go off on a rant. I just hate elitism.

Looks like he caught himself a bit.

ourchair said:
Well, I don't mean to encourage that rant if you think its something you don't want to go into, but if you're suggesting what I think you're suggesting: I agree.

As much as I like a lot of what Ellis does, I also hate a lot what Ellis does, which is namely, take a big freaking poop on mainstream superhero comics and comics storytelling in general. The sad part is, he sort of has a point, it just doesn't entitle him to be so unequivocal and unapologetic about that.

I only forgive him once in awhile because even though Ellis can get derivative, he's pushing ideas into comics in general that few else are pursuing (not in terms of layout or the rules of the medium, but in terms of content) but its his precise brand of cynicism that I believe is holding back his work on Marvel.

And ourchair further baits him. You devious little Asian you.

UltimateE said:
You nailed it, and...

...sums it up perfectly. UFF could have been insanely good if he would have at least pretended to get over his elitist disgust with working on a superhero book.

When you only do a job, whatever vocation, for money and not because you like it, it shows in the final product. Compare with Millar's almost over-the-top enthusiasm for Ultimates 2 and the quality of the final product.

Sorry E, couldn't pass that up. I know it was months ago, but I have no statute of limitations on my ribbing people.

DIrishB said:
Uh-oh, looks like E is continuing this off-topic conversation. Tsk, tsk.

Looks like he caught himself a bit.

And ourchair further baits him. You devious little Asian you.

Sorry E, couldn't pass that up. I know it was months ago, but I have no statute of limitations on my ribbing people.
:LOL: And people say I bring up threads way too dead to be resurrected.

ourchair said:
I wish Grant Morrison would write for the Ultimate line, if only because he gives the wackiest interviews explaining his work: often a confusing mix in which you can't tell when he's kidding or not.

I read in an interview with him that he has a "great idea" for the Ultimate Line...

Which intrigues me terribly.

Latest posts

Back