Ultimate Omega Red

[sarcasm]Oh good, Omega Red's purpose is to be beaten up. I love it when the protagonist is more powerful than the villain. Really makes it interesting.[/sarcasm]

Did Bendis go to writing school?! All his villains either do nothing or fail instantaneously.

Bass said:
[sarcasm]Oh good, Omega Red's purpose is to be beaten up. I love it when the protagonist is more powerful than the villain. Really makes it interesting.[/sarcasm]

Did Bendis go to writing school?! All his villains either do nothing or fail instantaneously.

Thats just the way it works in the comic world...at least in Bendis' comic world...

The thing with Kraven was though he was a useless character (in my eyes 2) in 616, hes pretty much a violent doctor dolittle with a mix of Steve Irwen (Australia's crocodile hunter) hes just one of those characters you can't really do much with, without the character being a totally different character.
He was a joke in 616 version, and a joke here
Just like the shocker........ i totally love shocker here (without the quilt) being really useless.

I always thought of Omega Red, being like a rip off of Doc Octo.
He wasn't a mutant in 616 right??? He was a Russian Super Soldier.
It makes sense, cause of the whole gentics theme through USM...... so will deadpool be a super soldier, or part of weapon x

Shihad said:
The thing with Kraven was though he was a useless character (in my eyes 2) in 616, hes pretty much a violent doctor dolittle with a mix of Steve Irwen (Australia's crocodile hunter) hes just one of those characters you can't really do much with, without the character being a totally different character.
He was a joke in 616 version, and a joke here
Just like the shocker........ i totally love shocker here (without the quilt) being really useless.

I always thought of Omega Red, being like a rip off of Doc Octo.
He wasn't a mutant in 616 right??? He was a Russian Super Soldier.
It makes sense, cause of the whole gentics theme through USM...... so will deadpool be a super soldier, or part of weapon x

I'm thinking Weapon X, though who knows till the issue ships (or we at least get previews)?

And that wouldn't be til like Decemeber if we got a preview like Omega, and we still wouldn't know where he from, till like half way through the arc

Goodwill said:
You shouldn't have posted that, because that just confirms that what I thought would happen to Omega Red is, indeed, going to happen to him. He's going to be the vehicle Bendis is going to use to introduce Shadowcat into the title and throw him away because he accomplished what he wanted to. Like, it's awesome Kitty is going to be a recurring character in USM, I do support that idea, but to what expense? We're tossing out a really cool X-Men villain for that? I don't want to see her that much...

Meh. Omega Red isn't important enough for it to matter.

Like I said before - let's wait until we see what the Ultimization is before we string up Bendis.

Goodz brings up a good point about Omega Red just being a tool to introduce Kitty and progress Peter's relationship with the X-Men.

Some questions though.

What about the Ultimate Reavers? I thought that was their objective.

And Ultimate Deadpool too? Is this what we're going to get is all different ways to tie in UXM and USM together until they break up?

I don't think WeaponX is involved with UOR or UDP because they seem to be disbanded and the only surviving sect of them is after one person, and it's not Spider-Man.

It sounds like I'm jumping the gun, I know, but I've already said Bendis probably has a reason for bringing in Omega Red. Whether it be to integrate Kitty into the story more, I don't know, but there's something to him. That's all I'm asking for at this point.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't think WeaponX is involved with UOR or UDP because they seem to be disbanded and the only surviving sect of them is after one person, and it's not Spider-Man.

Was 616 OR involved with WeaponX?Always had him down as just some russian nutter.

as far as i could tell in 616 if i remember correctly when they introduced the whole weapon x (i think x-men #5) thing they had a flashback to wolvie and sabe maverick and the whole team going in to i think "steal some admantium" or steal something. And Omega Red came in and wiped the floor with them. Sabretooth left some of his teamates trapped with OR as bait so that he wolverine maverick and i think one other teammate could escape alive. But other than that i don't think he had anything to do with weapon x.

So what does everyone think? (For those who have not seen it, go to buzzscope, they have a preview) I don't know. I think I like his look, but what is with his dialogue? Annnd THE WRECKING CREW! I wonder if they are just gonna be throw away cameos or staying characters for the arc.

Merged with an older thread. Just a quick reminder, if you want to start a thread like this feel free but just do a quick search of the basic words (I dug this up searching for, you guessed it, "Omega Red,".

The rest of the preview discussion can stay in the preview thread, but the ranting about how crappy Omega Red is (because I read the preview and...damn.) can go here.

Give him a break, guys... He's just there to be beat up. I suspected this from the beginning. It really sucks, I know, but, that's life.

Goodwill said:
Give him a break, guys... He's just there to be beat up. I suspected this from the beginning. It really sucks, I know, but, that's life.
And that's a real stupid reason to just bring in a new character. There better be more to him than just "I'm a new villain! Which way am I going to get my *** kicked?"

Latest posts

Back