Ultimate Omega Red

icemastertron said:
And that's a real stupid reason to just bring in a new character.

I don't necessarily agree with that, but it IS a stupid reason to make a big announcement about it. :roll:

Well, Bendis has done some silly things in his run but now that the UU is picking up it's pace, he can easily get away with more things. Characters will come and go, really, so their introductions shouldn't be too spectacular anymore. There's a new character practically every issue in UXM, USM, and UFF.

Oh well, another cameo villain. At least he was a lot more mouthy than the rest. Still disappointed that he was just a guest star and had no real bearing in the plot aside from "another super-scumbag sabotaging Roxxon", which could have been any other villain.

Hey, do you think Kirkman will pick him up? I mean, Omega Red is a cool character when he's put in the right title, afterall. What do you think?

Goodwill said:
I mean, Omega Red is a cool character when he's put in the right title, afterall. What do you think?

Omega Red may be cool, but Ultimate Omega Red...ain't.

You're saying this after one little appearance? C'mon... The first impression isn't all that strong, but he can certainly be improved upon.

I was thinkin' about him at work tonight. I think if the writers at marvel worked together and made Omega Red a really badass Russian version of Wolverine that somehow tied in with what's going on in The Ultimates and Ultimate Nightmare, the character would've been better off.

We don't know his origin and he was a hired hand... Could Bendis have been anymore general or broad when he introduced him? I mean, there was no reason to bring him in other than to have a cool cameo (It really wasn't that cool, was it?), but he's there and we've gotta deal. Given the appearance, there are a lot of directions he can be taken... Hopefully he's tied into Nightmare.

Goodwill said:
You're saying this after one little appearance? C'mon... The first impression isn't all that strong, but he can certainly be improved upon.

I agree. He wasn't a total doofus like Ultimate Shocker, so there are certainly some elements of the character which are redeemable.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I was thinkin' about him at work tonight. I think if the writers at marvel worked together and made Omega Red a really badass Russian version of Wolverine that somehow tied in with what's going on in The Ultimates and Ultimate Nightmare, the character would've been better off.

I agree completely.

Ultimate Houde said:
Not to exciting, and just a little erotic.

Agreed. Unless he starts tentacle-raping X-people I can't imagine him being that exciting.

I just really think his dialogue and attitude was terrible. His Look is okay, but doesnt seem realistic.

TheManWithoutFear said:
...Omega Red a really badass Russian version of Wolverine...
That's kind of what he was when he was introduced in X-Men #5. I loved that character back then, tentacles, life-force drain, he could fight, he was huge, and he was Russian...

Ah, the good ol' days.

Latest posts

Back