Ultimate Onslaught?

Caduceus

The Original Muffins Man
Just in a little aside, someone mentioned that Vaughn's arc was leading up to Xavier being a villain

No-one can go past this without thinking about Onslaught. I know the 616 one was bad but do you think Vaughn could pull it off

I heard of onslaught some guy kept me up on that before i was in to comics... I liked the idea... wasn't the old X-Men animated series leading up to that before it was cancelled??
and wasn't it due to him messin' with Magneto's mind something that has already taken place...

I'm not sure if the old cartoon was leading up to it.

But Onslaught came about the day Magneto took out Logan's adamantium. Xavier got soooo pissed, that he shut down Magento's mind. And in doing so, some of Magneto's evil got into Xavier. That later on formed into Onsluaght (Look in X-Men #25). An enermy being contained in an armor that's almost about like Mageneto's.

It wasn't so much transferred, really though. It was like, when Xavier did the mindwipe on Magneto (was it even Magneto or the clone Joesph?) it kind of like combined with Xavier's pent up aggression and frustration, and took a physical form.

UltimateE said:
It wasn't so much transferred, really though. It was like, when Xavier did the mindwipe on Magneto (was it even Magneto or the clone Joesph?) it kind of like combined with Xavier's pent up aggression and frustration, and took a physical form.

No, no. It WAS Magneto.

And yeah, that's what I meant.

icemastertron said:
No, no. It WAS Magneto.

I didn't read any X-Men immediately before that - the clone came right after?

That's why 616 is not a good place to be... Thank god for the Ult. Universe! Maybe since the Xavier controlling our minds and making us do things topic is coming back into play, maybe Xavier is going to be a villain?

Poccy, for 2 reasons

1) Because having Onslaught tear apart an established mega-super-major-duper villain would be sweet
2) Because he was introduced first

I think it will always be to early for ultimate Onslaught. He was 616 darkest moment and marvel want to forget that those issues ever happened. I reckon they won't ever bring Onslaught in the ultimate universe because if Marvel announces something like that there will be a lot of commotion and a little panic (at least on my part).
Xavier could become a villain but I doubt that he will ever use the handle Onslaught. I like XTF's ShadowKing idea.

Lex Luthor is one of the best villians for DC because he walks around wearing a suit and tie and simply eminating power, while not having much power at all. I think this version of Luthor is a hell of a lot better than the "Im wearing a Purple and Green Robot Suit! oooh! I'm evil!"

My point from that is if Xavier is supposed to be evil, I think he should do it right from his chair, in his blazer and silly little sweater he wears from time to time. Rather than the big big Scary thing Suit.

Second Off.. this isnt really Vaughn's doing, this is expanding on the original Millar work. Xavier has never been a goody goody. He has a goal, and he's used to getting what he wants because he's a f--king psychic! He is trying to force the US government to get what he wants, while Magneto thinks its right to just take over the system. They're still on two sides about the issue, but i dont find either of them evil. (I do however find it Ironic that Magneto's trying to build this Utopian Society and Xavier's the Realist trying to get things to work in -this- society)

EDIT: OOH, I forgot! Maybe if we do Ultimate Onslaught, we can Reboot all of the Ultimate Characters! I've Been Hankering for an Ultimate Girl Bucky!! (that was sarcastic, I would die a thousand times before reading another Heroes Reborn Comic... Seriously)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back