Ultimate Origins

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
I always thought Marvel should do a limited or ongoing series called Ultimate Origins. Have it be 3 or 5 issues arcs telling the origin of a marvel character. It could be a villain or a hero. Each arc could be set in a different time period depending on who the character was. Let me know what you guys think of the idea and who you would like to see in it. I think it would work well with Ghost Rider.

Yeah, they should but it would probably be soemthing like UMTU.

I'm always up for more ultimate titles, but it seem a little to early in the series for orgin storylines. I think more minies about individual characters would work better first. After all it hasn't been that long that they've been doing origin stories for the 616 universe.

Ultimate Showcase?In fairness,UMTU was started to introduce new characters and had about 6 good issues.Pretty much the same idea

Patriot said:
Ultimate Showcase?In fairness,UMTU was started to introduce new characters and had about 6 good issues.Pretty much the same idea
Right. But what I think TGO is trying to say just on one character. No Spider-Man, and no teaming-up with anyone. Just an arc per character giving his/her backstory.

I would guess that books like Ultimate Iron Man are meant to accomplish this very thing. If hey made it an ongoing focused on a new character each arc it would probably cut down on numbers.

ProjectX2 said:
Yeah, they should but it would probably be soemthing like UMTU.

And why would they do this when they can give a character their own mini? They are doing it for Iron Man.

Goodwill said:
And why would they do this when they can give a character their own mini? They are doing it for Iron Man.

Because how many minis have they done for characters. Just two, two minis for Daredevil & Elektra and one for Iron Man. The Ultimate line as been around for about 4 years now and that all they done. I'm saying this way they can have more characters. And this way the characters can developed in their own series instead of appearing in one of the main titles. I alos wanted to know who you guys wanted to see in and what you think some of their origin stories should be.

I hope that isn't the only DD mini we get... It didn't even give us his origin story yet.

About characters appearing in other titles. I asked Vaughan in his Q&A but notice how besides Namor's appearance in UFF, the only other appearances we get are in USM.... I'm waiting to see some mainstream X-Characters appear in UXM (Deadpool, Cable, X-23, DistrictX) just appearances and whatnot, ya know?

I'd like to see Ghost Rider, some other characters that have appeared like Blade, Man-Thing and Iron Fist.

Guys, i don't think marvel will throw alot more Ultimate books out for a while ! 'cuz they also have to sell ya know ? I think they will see with Iron man and after that they MIGHT make new series !

TheManWithoutFear said:
(Deadpool, Cable, X-23, DistrictX)
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for all of these. X-23 will probably show up soon just because of her popularity (her mini is damn well written) but Deadpool isn't an X-character, nor is he mainstream pre C&D. Cable, well I really like DSF's Ultimate Cable Origin ideas but I could just as easily live without Cable for a while. District X is, with the exception of Bishop, populated entirely by new characters who have no background or history really yet in 616 so probably no joy there.

Caduceus said:
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for all of these. X-23 will probably show up soon just because of her popularity (her mini is damn well written) but Deadpool isn't an X-character, nor is he mainstream pre C&D. Cable, well I really like DSF's Ultimate Cable Origin ideas but I could just as easily live without Cable for a while. District X is, with the exception of Bishop, populated entirely by new characters who have no background or history really yet in 616 so probably no joy there.

Well... way to kill my dreams there, Caddy :shifty:

TheManWithoutFear said:
Well... way to kill my dreams there, Caddy :shifty:
We aim to please. I wouldn't be surprised to see X-23 show up though, as I said. You can never ahve too many cheap Wolverine clones and being a character with potential is a plus. At the moment, we've only got Sabretooth and he's dead.

Caduceus said:
We aim to please. I wouldn't be surprised to see X-23 show up though, as I said. You can never ahve too many cheap Wolverine clones and being a character with potential is a plus. At the moment, we've only got Sabretooth and he's dead.

When did Sabertooth die?

Latest posts

Back