Ultimate Power: Nice little crossover or Biggest mistake ever?

Ultimate Power: Nice little crossover or Biggest mistake ever?

• Total voters
Is anyone else wondering how this is going to last 9 issues? I'm guessing there's going to be some new thread on the horizon...

I think loeb and JMS are 2 of the best writers out there...i'm guessing somethings got to happen between now and the end. I'm holding out hope that this could still rock. They may have made bendis do it purposely crap so that when jms and loeb save the day people will be even more impressed and go out and get squadron supreme and ultimetes 3...after all they are making the crossover to make money, if they do it right it could be quite symbolic of the changes going on in UU, i'm hoping with loeb we'll get our second wind

I think loeb and JMS are 2 of the best writers out there...i'm guessing somethings got to happen between now and the end. I'm holding out hope that this could still rock. They may have made bendis do it purposely crap so that when jms and loeb save the day people will be even more impressed and go out and get squadron supreme and ultimetes 3...after all they are making the crossover to make money, if they do it right it could be quite symbolic of the changes going on in UU, i'm hoping with loeb we'll get our second wind

I guarantee you that this did not happen.

And JMS has a 50/50 chance of sucking. Since it's Squadron Supreme it'll still probably be good, but since it has other Marvel characters it could still really blow.

Yeah you're right..and i think the likelihood of this sucking is increased by the fact that it's 3 writers who as far as i'm aware haven't worked on much together before. At least if it were millar, he and jms have pretty much done all of civil war, which i still think for the most part is good. my slight worry is Loeb's stories are mostly stand alone, like batman arcs or the colours trilogy. I hope the continuity doesn't get worse by bringing venom into ultimates 3.

Also can someone verify...this comes between ultimates 3 and 4? that's not a typo it's really not before ultimates 3....and also someone's crossing over for "good". and being that we've already seen all the Squadron supreme in the future in hyperion, either ultimate universe is losing someone or supreme continuity's gonna get bummed...

If that's right I'll start a poll over who we thinks gonna crossover

Last edited:
Yeah you're right..and i think the likelihood of this sucking is increased by the fact that it's 3 writers who as far as i'm aware haven't worked on much together before. At least if it were millar, he and jms have pretty much done all of civil war, which i still think for the most part is good. my slight worry is Loeb's stories are mostly stand alone, like batman arcs or the colours trilogy. I hope the continuity doesn't get worse by bringing venom into ultimates 3.

Also can someone verify...this comes between ultimates 3 and 4? that's not a typo it's really not before ultimates 3....and also someone's crossing over for "good". and being that we've already seen all the Squadron supreme in the future in hyperion, either ultimate universe is losing someone or supreme continuity's gonna get bummed...

If that's right I'll start a poll over who we thinks gonna crossover

But Millar and JMS' Civil War stuff wildly contradicts each other. So they don't even work together.

As for the contiuity of the series, Loeb says it takes place between 3 and 4, and he should probbaly know. Too bad he didn't tell Bendis.

So basically, we have no idea.

But Millar and JMS' Civil War stuff wildly contradicts each other. So they don't even work together.

i hadn't noticed that, maybe it does, examples?..but even so i was just saying at least they have experience working together. Maybe this won't work because they'll all try to take it in different directions and the whole mini will seem very disjointed..so far we've had bendis showcasing the ultimate universe...hopefully jms 3 won't just be doing the same for the supremeverse...
...come on i want a story...Jms and loeb may've had something good down on paper, but bendis didn't like it or didn't understand it so thought he'd just put loads of splashes in his issues and his usual bendis dialogue, dragging a page of story over 3 issues...the story hasn't really started yet the next ish isn't til march until then i'm not gonna say anything about how good this is gonna be or bad...I haven't liked it so far but it has potential to go either way now the writer's changed

i hadn't noticed that, maybe it does, examples?..but even so i was just saying at least they have experience working together. Maybe this won't work because they'll all try to take it in different directions and the whole mini will seem very disjointed..so far we've had bendis showcasing the ultimate universe...hopefully jms 3 won't just be doing the same for the supremeverse...
...come on i want a story...Jms and loeb may've had something good down on paper, but bendis didn't like it or didn't understand it so thought he'd just put loads of splashes in his issues and his usual bendis dialogue, dragging a page of story over 3 issues...the story hasn't really started yet the next ish isn't til march until then i'm not gonna say anything about how good this is gonna be or bad...I haven't liked it so far but it has potential to go either way now the writer's changed

There's a list somewhere of all the Civil War continuity errors, I'll half-heartedly try to find it for you, but probably give up and never speak of it again.

Forget what I said there, try this: http://www.curious.bc.ca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1401
As for everything else you said, it seems accurate to me. I wish they'd just call the next six issues Ultimate Power 2 1-6 and completely distance it from the first three issues.

Last edited:
There's a list somewhere of all the Civil War continuity errors, I'll half-heartedly try to find it for you, but probably give up and never speak of it again.

Forget what I said there, try this: http://www.curious.bc.ca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1401
As for everything else you said, it seems accurate to me. I wish they'd just call the next six issues Ultimate Power 2 1-6 and completely distance it from the first three issues.

Oh, wow... I always thought Civil War was stupid but those mistakes make it look incredibly dumb. Marvel need to get their act together.

I think the idea was boring, unless it was a strictly UFF story in which it would have fit and it should have been 4-6 issues long.

I think it was bad even as an idea. The UU shouldn't be crossing with alternate universe like that. It should be more self contained

Latest posts

Back