Ultimate Presence

Pandrio said:
Can you explain who he is? The link you put there is temporarily unavailible.

The site is working now, for me, but I will copy and paste some stuff from the site here just in case.

"In 616 MU the Presence was Sergei Krylov, a Soviet scientific genius who was the most powerful behind-the-scenes man in Russia. Krylov sought physical power to match his intellectual and political might by mutating himself into a superhuman radioactive being. The experiment worked, though it also left him more insane than ever." He has battled against the Defenders and the Avengers

Powers: "Krylov's body constantly generates lethal radioactive energy sufficient to poison or kill any unshielded individual who remains in his presence for too long. He can also harness this energy for such powers as augmented strength and durability, force blasts, flight, energy constructs, telepathy and mind control. His radioactive energies presumably power the floating chair he's taken to sitting in since his transformation. Given his ego, he probably considers it a throne of sorts."

Most Despicable Act: "Krylov's past is replete with atrocities ranging from Chernobyl-esque nuclear disasters to unspeakable acts of personal cruelty and perversity. Transforming Tania Belinsky into his radioactive love slave was pretty low, as was a subsequent attempt to enslave the Black Widow and his own daughter, Darkstar, as part of a proposed harem of Russian super-women. He also threatened to kill Quasar's family and friends if Quasar himself did not submit to execution at Krylov's hands, forcing Quasar to fake his own death and flee Earth lest the Presence learn of his survival and threaten his loved ones."

Yeah, it's working now and that could be cool. Sergei Krylov sounds too much like Sergei Kravenoff (isn't that Kraven). Why can't Marvel come up with completely different names?

Meh, as long as it sounds Russian its grand. Seems a pretty cheesy vilain, not nearly recognizable enough for an Ultimization. Could be put in a 616 book pretty handily though.

I was more surprised to find out Quasar had an ongoing!!!That lasted!!!

Pandrio said:
Yeah, it's working now and that could be cool. Sergei Krylov sounds too much like Sergei Kravenoff (isn't that Kraven). Why can't Marvel come up with completely different names?

Ah, Hank McCoy and Hank Pym sound sorta the same, but they used their names in the Ultimate Universe. Besides why is Ultimate Kraven named "Sergei Kravenoff, he isn't even Russian.

The Overlord said:
Ah, Hank McCoy and Hank Pym sound sorta the same, but they used their names in the Ultimate Universe. Besides why is Ultimate Kraven named "Sergei Kravenoff, he isn't even Russian.

Because its his name......?

Johnny Bravo said:
Meh, as long as it sounds Russian its grand. Seems a pretty cheesy vilain, not nearly recognizable enough for an Ultimization. Could be put in a 616 book pretty handily though.

I don't see how someone who attempts to force his daugther into becoming his sex slave is "cheesy". All that needs to be changed about him is his look. Besides they have introduced fairly unknown characters to the Ultimate Universe before. The Presence is a perfect nemsis for the Ultimates, the fact that he is a Russian super soldier gives him a political dimension and since the Ultimates are gray characters they need fight really evil villains.

Besides a depraved psychopath with the powers of a god would make a great villain.

Johnny Bravo said:
Because its his name......?

Its his name in 616 MU, which makes sense because he is Russian there. In UU, Kraven is Australian so the name Sergei Kravenoff makes no sense.

The Overlord said:
Its his name in 616 MU, which makes sense because he is Russian there. In UU, Kraven is Australian so the name Sergei Kravenoff makes no sense.

Maybe it's because his parents were Russian immigrants? I have a Scottish last name and I'm a New Zealander.

Johnny Bravo said:
In the nineties, just about EVERYONE had their own damn series. Even Wonder Man.

The Overlord said:
Just because his name is Russian, doesnt mean it doesnt make sense. My brother has an Italian first name, and he's not Italian, but Puerto Rican. My god sister has a russian first name, and she's not Russian, but also Puerto Rican.

Latest posts

Back