Ultimate Ronin! NO, REALLY!

But if he DO find a master, he will not be a Ronin at all, so the concept will just be forgotten and the only thing that Ronin from 616 and Ultimate Ronin will have in common is the outfit.

Kind of like every other Ultimization that Bendis has done in the past two years.

We talk so much about Ronin not being a character at all, but just a concept-an idea.

I wonder if Bendis has decided to turn Ultimate Ronin into an actual character all his own, completely seperate from any other character. A character with his own schtick, powers, and style.

I think that could potentially be rather cool.

We talk so much about Ronin not being a character at all, but just a concept-an idea.

I wonder if Bendis has decided to turn Ultimate Ronin into an actual character all his own, completely seperate from any other character. A character with his own schtick, powers, and style.

I think that could potentially be rather cool.

Exactly! Perhaps Bendis is doing this, because he feels he cheated himself and the fans because of 616 Ronin. If Ultimate Ronin was a character, then that'd definetely seperate him from 616 version. Perhaps Bendis is going for the "Ultimate version is much better than the original"?

The one problem I have with Ronin is that there aren't enough Characters in the Ultimate Universe that would have reasons for this costume, if it is just that.

Best bets are Shang-Chi, so he could 'hide' from his father, and MWoF said Elektra. Problem with those two is that neither have enough history to have to do this.

So either Ronin is a bounty hunter after Spidey, which makes him a throw away character, or he is a new character.

IMO, Ronin serves Shang-Chi's father, due to the similarities in the costumes, and attacks Spider-Man because of his affiliation with him. There are two instances for thi to be possible. First was when he helped Shang fight off his fathers cohorts. The second was during Warriors, where Shang-Chi and Spidey both said they knew each other.

What if its a parker clone?

Then it will be the single worst thing to ever come out of USM. Oh wait--no. That's already happened. I'm looking at you MJGoblin.

Then it'll be the second---wait....sorry. That's already taken by Magnetopus.

Ok...so it has to rank #3----damn---sorry. I forgot about Deadpool.

So you know if Ronin is a Spiderclone (which it won't be)....then it'll rank in the top 5.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

By the Theory of Quantum Bendis, for every ten half-serious suggestions about a bad idea Bendis could do, ONE OF THEM WILL COME TRUE!

Every time Bendis ultimizes a character, an angel gets sodomized.

It says so in the Bible.

Every time Bendis has a bad idea, someone gets killed in the Middle East.

And those of you who think that Bendis is perfectly justified in doing this and that we should "just trust him"...

...Well, I really don't know what to say.

Last edited:
Jeez, I knew it, I just knew it. Bendiwas moving way to fast in the ultimaztions throughing characters left and right and he's actually caught up with himself. And for the love of god its a character barely explored in 616.

And those of you who think that Bendis is perfectly justified in doing this and that we should "just trust him"...

We've put trust in him for the last 50 issues and its just gotten worst and worst. He deserves no trust

I don't know why the justification is so hard to comprehend. You know what the problem is with this. Is a ****ing cover and a premature announcement. Ronin, whoever it may be, should've shown up at the end of an issue with a follow up explanation of who he/she is in the next. No one would be *****ing about a wasted ultimization of a character (a "character" that doesn't even exist.) if it wasn't solicited months in advanced on a cover that makes it seem like the entire issue is gonna be a throw down between the two.

You're all pissed because of the clone saga and deadpool. He's given us the majority of a good run on USM even if the latest has been subpar. Deal with it. Ronin isn't a ****in' character there's a story behind it. There's no rushed ultimization. THERE HAS TO BE AN EXPLANATION to the character. Grow up. ( Not aimed directly at you moonmaster)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back