Ultimate Ronin! NO, REALLY!

Well, this is just a splash page and everyone's getting all bent out of shape. When Ronin appears in the actual comic I'm pretty sure that ONE of us WILL finally get around to killing Bendis. We all kept talking about it, but no one was getting around to it.

Well, there is always the chance that he could do better with Ultimate Ronin then original Ronin. Maybe he wants to 'redo' Ronin. But the odds of Bendis doing good are about, say, 1,000,000googles to one.

I thought about and, yeah, it does make sense.

But, to be honest, I still don't care. I still think its stupid that Bendis is introducing Ronin before tons of other characters, like Chameleon, Mysterio, etc.

Ronin isn't going to be a major player though. We're looking a part of a very large story here. Would you want Chameleon and Mysterio to show up in the middle of this or have a well thought out story devoted to their origins and characters? This is why I don't have a problem with Ultimate Ronin popping up now and I'm going to put faith in Bendis that he's gonna pull off the I.D. of the character. (Not Shang-Chi or Iron Fist because why would that be dramatic in anyway?)

The problem is people are getting bent up over Ronin. He/She is not going to be the star of this arc. What ShaggyMarco said was pretty right on.

Ronin isn't going to be a major player though. We're looking a part of a very large story here. Would you want Chameleon and Mysterio to show up in the middle of this or have a well thought out story devoted to their origins and characters? This is why I don't have a problem with Ultimate Ronin popping up now and I'm going to put faith in Bendis that he's gonna pull off the I.D. of the character. (Not Shang-Chi or Iron Fist because why would that be dramatic in anyway?)

The problem is people are getting bent up over Ronin. He/She is not going to be the star of this arc. What ShaggyMarco said was pretty right on.

AMEN

Oh, and I know we have been discussing if Ronin's gonna be a guy or girls, so:

Ultimate Daredevil's plan to bring down the Kingpin—permanently—kicks into gear, but Peter Parker has more immediate worries when an armed and masked vigilante bursts into Midtown High School looking for Spider-Man! Who is this man called Ronin and what does he want with our beleaguered web-spinner?

of course they could be using he and man in the universal sense

Oh, I'm not arguing the fact that Ronin fits in with this story arc. I just think its ridiculous that we're already seeing the character in front of other characters. This arc could have done just fine without him/her.

Oh, I'm not arguing the fact that Ronin fits in with this story arc. I just think its ridiculous that we're already seeing the character in front of other characters. This arc could have done just fine without him/her.

All right. You obviously don't understand what I'm saying...

Ronin is not a character that is being ultimized. It is a concept that is being utilized to tell the story.

So let's worry about Mysterio and Chameleon when they can be done properly and not rushed as a secondary character as a minor role in this Ultimate Knights arc.

Ronin is not a character that is being ultimized. It is a concept that is being utilized to tell the story.

So let's worry about Mysterio and Chameleon when they can be done properly and not rushed as a secondary character as a minor role in this Ultimate Knights arc.

Wow, something sensible. It's weird that people complain about wasted, rushed Ultimizations but then demand to see certain characters as soon as possible. Maybe they just don't have a good way to use these characters yet. It's better to wait. Unless you wait and they suck anyway, which is entirely possible.

Wow, something sensible. It's weird that people complain about wasted, rushed Ultimizations but then demand to see certain characters as soon as possible. Maybe they just don't have a good way to use these characters yet. It's better to wait. Unless you wait and they suck anyway, which is entirely possible.

Somthing Sensible? ....

Its a bad concept being Ultimatized here. Bendis wrote Ronin as a bad concept in 616 MU (seriously Ronin was Echo?! WTF?!) Why will Ultimate Ronin be any better, Bendis is using the same bad concept he used a year ago.

Its a bad concept being Ultimatized here. Bendis wrote Ronin as a bad concept in 616 MU (seriously Ronin was Echo?! WTF?!) Why will Ultimate Ronin be any better, Bendis is using the same bad concept he used a year ago.

You're not even making sense. You're one of the more creative and willing members to take into account that anything can be revamped or ultimized but you immediately shut this idea down.

Some characters have 40 years of history behind and thus should get dibs on being Ultimatized (like Mysterio), they have withstood the test of time. Other characters are lame, flash in the pan, marketing gimmicks who create only a year ago and likely shouldn't be ultimatized, this is what Ronin is.

Some characters have 40 years of history behind and thus should get dibs on being Ultimatized (like Mysterio), they have withstood the test of time. Other characters are lame, flash in the pan, marketing gimmicks who create only a year ago and likely shouldn't be ultimatized, this is what Ronin is.

But it's pointless just to do them because they "have dibs." So if you're ralph Macchio you'd rather tell Bendis "Give me a Chameleon story" rather than "What's an interesting story you could tell this month?"

:arrgh: :arrgh: Do I have to repeat myself a third ****ing time?!!?

You're not even making sense. You're one of the more creative and willing members to take into account that anything can be revamped or ultimized but you immediately shut this idea down.

I don't trust Bendis on this one. Bendis turned Ronin into a joke in the 616 universe merely a year ago, why will ultimate Ronin be any different?

Besides you said I'm favour of revamping 616 characters no matter how lame and you are correct. But Ronin is not a character, Ronin is cynical marketing device used to convice fans to buy more issues of NA (Hey kids buy more issues of NA or you won't find out who Ronin is) the revealation of Ronin's iD came out of left field and disappointed almost everyone. If we are going to have an Ultimate Ronin, why not an Ultimate "Master Planner" as well?

I'm all for revamping characters, characters that have a history and have withstood the test of time. Cheap and shallow marketing gimmicks like Ronin and Onsluaght, can burn in hell forever, IMO.

:arrgh: :arrgh: Do I have to repeat myself a third ****ing time?!!?

I wasn't reposnding to you.

But it's pointless just to do them because they "have dibs." So if you're ralph Macchio you'd rather tell Bendis "Give me a Chameleon story" rather than "What's an interesting story you could tell this month?"

I would tell Bendis not reuse the same shallow marketing device he used over in 616 Marvel. If Bendis turned 616 Ronin into a joke merely a year ago, why would Ultimate Ronin be different?

Last edited:
The concept of a masterless warrior that cover his face is not really that great that you would want to ultimize. Without the avengers in the UU what's the point of having a dude that knows martial arts and hide his face?

In my opinion, there simply aren't enough characters to do Ultimate Ronin right. With 616, there are literally hundreds of obscure and interesting characters Ronin could be.

If Bendis is going the same direction with the mystery as 616 Ronin, it won't be very good unless he writes it really well. I don't think he's capable of that. Even the Clone Saga, the best he's had to offer this year, could be best described as stretches of "It's pretty good. I like it" broken up with "How the bloody hell could he possibly get this published? Did anyone other than him think this was a good idea?!" moments.

If he's going somewhere different with Ultimate Ronin, then I think Ultimate Ronin didn't have to be Ronin and he's just pimping out a character who's prominently featured in the Avengers and who he has a hard-on for.

Latest posts

Back