Ultimate Scarlet Witch: the Ultimate power?

Hawkeye101

We've only seen SW a few times in action. Trying to stop Wolvie with Barbra Bush II, rescueing the X-Men from the Weapon X facility, Removing neuclear misiles with the Brotherhood, the off panel stuff in 'Homeland Security', not really doing anything against Thor, turning Longshot into a cat and either destroying or making dissapear all of Iran's neuclear misiles.

We've seen her fly, make things go boom/disappear, telekinesis, transformations, teleportation (dissapearing), and some other's but I'm having a brain fart. She seems to have abilities that 616 either doesn't have, or didn't use, and I know some of you are going to use House of M as a reference for this, but Ultimate Scarlet Witch seems really powerful, even too powerful. What do you think?

I think Wanda's powers are undefined.

She's got the exact same powers as in 616: exactly what the author happens to need at any given time to advance the story. :roll:

Don't forget, she also transformed Ultimate Longshot into a kitten during the early part of "Magnetic North".

And for those of you who haven't read it, no, I'm not joking.

compound said:
Don't forget, she also transformed Ultimate Longshot into a kitten during the early part of "Magnetic North".

And for those of you who haven't read it, no, I'm not joking.
He got that.

I think its actually like J said, sadly enough. She's a story crutch. Again.

Her powers are the ability to make reality into something else.

Read the panel were she faces off against Thor, "Somewhere I'll find a reality where you are nothing more than a baby seal getting clubbed, and I'll bring it here."

Not an exact quote, but close enough.

Ultimate Scarlet Witch (for a character with little spot light, I rather enjoy) seems to be the most powerful person in the UU. So she had these powers in 616, but she never elaborated (or the writer didn't) on her abilities. She seems to have the ability to littereally way-lay anyone who crosses paths with her. Imagine had she turned Thor into a baby seal, and why did she seem to fear her father in Ultimate War?

On top of that, if Wanda and Pietro know that their dad is Eric Lehnsher, why is thier last name Maximoff? Isabella died giving birth, so I doubt there was any question of whoes last name they got.

Why does Innocentboy feel the need to manually post a signature in his posts, just out of curiosity? I turn signatures off for a reason, and it's a bit annoying. :roll:

Caduceus said:
Stay on topic please.

Yeah, can anyone think of a character she couldn't beat? I mean, WOW, the things she has done are absolutely out-there, especially for the Ultimate Universe.

And the Maximoff question. Why would Magneto even consider telling them the name of their human mom. I mean traditionally, yes we know them as Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, but that's because they were raised by gypsies. Ultimate SW and QS were raised by their father.

jtg3885 said:
You assume it was Magneto, and not Xavier, who told them...

Well, at the beginning of 'Return of the King' Pietro and Wanda seem to be in the hands of their father, and according to Xavier's rants during the Proteus adventure, it had sounded like Magneto had been around his children long evough to explain their mother to them.

We know from the first arc of UXM that they know about their human mother. We also know that Xavier spent time with the twins when they were younger when he was working alongside Magneto. I think it's a very faulty assumption to think that Magneto himself told them. Also, do they use their last name until after they've left his side and joined the Ultimates? If Xavier shared the knowledge without Magneto ever finding out, they could have used that as an intentional slight when they switched sides.

Last edited:
jtg3885 said:
We know from the first arc of UXM that they know about their human mother. We also know that Xavier spent time with the twins when they were younger when he was working alongside Magneto. I think it's a very faulty assumption to think that Magneto himself told them. Also, do they use their last name until after they've left his side and joined the Ultimates? If Xavier shared the knowledge without Magneto ever finding out, they could have used that as an intentional slight when they switched sides.

Hummm, I suppose. . .

Okay back to SW abilities. Anyone think that Scarlet Witch would have been the best bet against Proteus (ya know, it the car thing hadn't worked).

I personally think that her abilities right now makes her genuine Ultimates material. She does need an edge over the reality-shaping and probability-altering abilities that some of the "lesser" Ultimate characters like Longshot, Proteus and Black Cat (maybe).

cmdrjanjalani said:
I personally think that her abilities right now makes her genuine Ultimates material. She does need an edge over the reality-shaping and probability-altering abilities that some of the "lesser" Ultimate characters like Longshot, Proteus and Black Cat (maybe).

Black Cat and Longshot yes (I mean for crying out loud, Longshot was turned into a black cat). Proteus though, he might have been a challange for Scarlet Witch. At a thought he was killing hundreds of people, if SW could do that what use would the Brotherhood have had for bombs, like in 'The Tomarrow People'?

Hi!

Only my second post!

I think that Ultimate Scarlet Witch would easily beat Proteus. I think it would have made for an interesting story if the two of them had fought it out and warped reality as we know it.

Latest posts

Back