Ultimate Secret #2 Discussion (Spoilers)

Dr.Strangefate said:
The Only panel I got that from was when they zoomed in to both their faces and her eyes were stark turquoise/blue.... the exact color of Mahr Vehl's.

And there is the fact that she didnt really admit to knowing what he was. She said he was an Indian, when it seemed pretty damn clear that he wasn't an Indian, but something a bit more Galactic....

The eyes are a dead giveaway. And her "strange" relationship with Mahr Vehl. And of course her connection with the Kree in 616. Hell, her APPEARANCE in this arc alone says something's up with her. . .

awesome as usual

wow. I am really enjoying this series so far. questions answered, more questions raised. good writing.

Mar Vehl is great. since he was able to reference The Day the Earth Stood Still , I guess the Kree have been monitering our transmissions for a while huh?

wonder what a regular Kree looks like? and there are 10 alien species on the planet! the ultimate verse continues to expand.

Mar Vehl really has to upgrade that suit. I mean come on, there must be a way to have some spandex on under that thing.

Wamu said:
wonder what a regular Kree looks like? and there are 10 alien species on the planet! the ultimate verse continues to expand.

I'd rather see the Ultimate Universe expand with some heroes and villains and not alien species. It's all appropriate for this trilogy but I don't dig the Alien thing in the Ultimate Universe all together.

i thought this issue was really well done, the whole scene between marh vehl and fury had me totally freakin out as i read it on the subway.

and so you guys know, the drake equation is a real equation used in astronomy and it is basically an equation that defines how many planets exist within the universe that would be able to house intelligent life (meaning human being level and anything smarter) its a real equation, 10,000 was a real number, and the only reason i know this is because i just learned this in my astronomy class (talk about timing for my final exam next week... thanks marvel for helping me out)

Hey guys, just because Secret happens before Ultimates 2 doesn't mean that Extinction will.

Honestly, I'm not sure where this is going. We've only got 2 more isses, and other than introducing U Captain Marvel (Who's pretty damn cool) the series doesn't seem to have a whole lot of direction. For this to be its own mini it needs to have some kind of end, and we don't really have a begining. More like a bridge between Nightmare and Extinction. That's going to make me mighty POed when I get the secret TPB and nothing advances the plotlines. Just makes more.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I thought I heard someone confirm the whole mini was before Ultimates 2. Can someone clarify. If Extinction isn't that would just make this trilogy so much better.

I'm pretty sure you're right, but I have nothing to back it up.

My next burning question would be why do the Kree now NOT want the humans to leave Earth? Why do they WANT Galactus to destroy them?

Re the Kree wanting to observe the obliteration of Earth, that seems to be one of the hooks to keep readers on the line. Perhaps they've been observing Galactus through the ages in an effort to figure out how to destroy him, or to keep him sated on planets so he doesn't turn to scarfing down Kreeville.

I also think it would be awesome if "Extinction" came after Ultimates 2 and became the season's Big Event (ala House of Moolah and Infinite Crapfest) of the Ultimate Universe.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I thought I heard someone confirm the whole mini was before Ultimates 2. Can someone clarify. If Extinction isn't that would just make this trilogy so much better.

If you look at the first page of the book. At the bottom of the picture with the space shuttle blowing up there's this *disclaimer* that says the events in this story take place before those in our companion title Ultimates 2... or something like that.

Parthuman said:
Re the Kree wanting to observe the obliteration of Earth, that seems to be one of the hooks to keep readers on the line.

Yeah, but why go to observe the space program, then prevent it from going anywhere? Humans leaving wouldn't prevent the planet from still being destroyed...

René said:
If you look at the first page of the book. At the bottom of the picture with the space shuttle blowing up there's this *disclaimer* that says the events in this story take place before those in our companion title Ultimates 2... or something like that.

I think he meant the ENTIRE trilogy, including Arrival, and in response to an earlier post asking if Arrival was coming post-Ultimates 2.

I remember Millar saying that everything that has to do with the trilogy is before Ultimates 2.

This was a great isssue! :D I couldn't have asked for more in the issue. From what I've seen I think that the last two issues will give more background to the Kree and Galactus and show them formulating a plan. Only two things bugged me about this issue. First, how did Captain Mahr Vehl take off the explosive collar when he took off his suit? Second, why are the kree so interested in observing the human race get obliterated by galactus? I'm sure that compared to some of the other races that galactus must have destroyed that humans don't stand much of a chance at all. The only ideas I could come up with were that either the Kree think this encounter will be different than the countless others or that they think that by observing galactus destroy a planet they can learn more about him in hopes of being better armed if they have to fight galactus. As for this encounter with galactus being different it would have to be that he's especially weak now or that they think there is a chance that humans will miraculously defeat galactus. My beat is that they're here to learn more about galactus and they're going to see humans pull off some miracle. I just hope they don't ruin it by having Reed pull some ridiculous laser out of his *** that injures galactus sufficiently for him to leave earth alone.

UltimateE said:
Yeah, but why go to observe the space program, then prevent it from going anywhere? Humans leaving wouldn't prevent the planet from still being destroyed...

Well, Marvel is a defector, and he saved the propulsion device INSIDE the rocket before it could be blown up. Remember, he gave it to a jeepload of troops and told them to guard it. Thereby saving the space program, if not the actual rocket that was supposed to test the propulsion device.

Parthuman said:
Well, Marvel is a defector, and he saved the propulsion device INSIDE the rocket before it could be blown up. Remember, he gave it to a jeepload of troops and told them to guard it. Thereby saving the space program, if not the actual rocket that was supposed to test the propulsion device.

Right, but like you pointed out he was a defector - why did the Kree race want to sabotage it?

Anyone think that perhaps Carol is a higher ranked Kree covert agent?

Like, she's there to make sure Humans can't leave, and now Capt Marvel has basically told her he's defecting to help the humans...

jtg3885 said:
All I want to know, seeing as how I haven't picked up UFF yet. Is Sue always that... erm... horny?

No and I noticed that too. And if Sue Storm was all on me like that I definitely wouldn't be all about the Drake Equation.
dr. strangefate said:

Like, she's there to make sure Humans can't leave, and now Capt Marvel has basically told her he's defecting to help the humans...

Interesting theory but why would the program have gotten that far to begin with. I'd like to see it played out where they fell in love and worked together. She's putting up this charade for obvious reasons.

UltimateE said:
Right, but like you pointed out he was a defector - why did the Kree race want to sabotage it?

As I mentioned earlier--and these are just blue-sky guesses--they could be following Galactus' path to a) figure out how to destroy him or b) make sure the big fella doesn't focus on Kree hangouts. Maybe they're keeping him sated on a steady diet of OTHER planets to protect themselves.

Dr.Strangefate said:

Yeah! I like that idea, now that I've been schooled in Carol Danvers' background.

Latest posts

Back