Ultimate Secret #2 Discussion (Spoilers)

Parthuman said:
As I mentioned earlier--and these are just blue-sky guesses--they could be following Galactus' path to a) figure out how to destroy him or b) make sure the big fella doesn't focus on Kree hangouts. Maybe they're keeping him sated on a steady diet of OTHER planets to protect themselves.

Both possible. What if Galactus isn't really an intelligent being but just hungry and The Kree are just diverting him. good theory again, parthuman.

I ended up picking it up after all your guys rave reviews 8)
I don't have my UMTU with me, (the messed up FF issue, that doesn't do with any continuity) trying to do this all from memory.

something to do with peter letting loose hideous green things and Reed sending them back with a big gun "thingy" at the end. This could be a try and fix the continuity. By showing how he built the gun……… and maybe even a visit from the green things. :shifty:

nigma said:
I ended up picking it up after all your guys rave reviews 8)
I don't have my UMTU with me, (the messed up FF issue, that doesn't do with any continuity) trying to do this all from memory.

something to do with peter letting loose hideous green things and Reed sending them back with a big gun "thingy" at the end. This could be a try and fix the continuity. By showing how he built the gun……… and maybe even a visit from the green things. :shifty:
That was the unofficial apperance of Ultimate Skrulls. Doesn't fit, none of it works. And it had H.E.R.B.I.E. so you know its crap. Nothing to do with Ultimate G. Nothing to see here. Move along folks.

Baxter said:
That was the unofficial apperance of Ultimate Skrulls. Doesn't fit, none of it works. And it had H.E.R.B.I.E. so you know its crap. Nothing to do with Ultimate G. Nothing to see here. Move along folks.

can you blame a guy for trying?

jtg3885 said:
All I want to know, seeing as how I haven't picked up UFF yet. Is Sue always that... erm... horny?

She's said things here and there during Ellis's run - she's never been shown to be THAT overt, though.

Parthuman said:
As I mentioned earlier--and these are just blue-sky guesses--they could be following Galactus' path to a) figure out how to destroy him or b) make sure the big fella doesn't focus on Kree hangouts. Maybe they're keeping him sated on a steady diet of OTHER planets to protect themselves.

I could see that - nice theory.

Didn't even think about Danvers. Good theory.

I have a question though (dont get me wrong I LOVED the issue)- why was the killform attacking the shuttle again?

marvelman said:
Didn't even think about Danvers. Good theory.

I have a question though (dont get me wrong I LOVED the issue)- why was the killform attacking the shuttle again?

For some unrevealed reason, the Kree determined that humans should not be allowed any opportunity to leave the planet.

One thing that I just cannot accept is that the entire trilogy happens before Ultimates 2. It seems to be that it would just be a very bad judgement call, and would seem to mess up continuity. Then again, I'm not Miller or Ellis, so I guess I'll wait and see. I just hope I haven't seen the last of Vision or Wilson.

Oh, and Hello. I have been lurking about for a while and decided to get involved. Might be posting my original fan fiction corning the Ultimate Masters of Evil.

Ultimate Venom said:
One thing that I just cannot accept is that the entire trilogy happens before Ultimates 2. It seems to be that it would just be a very bad judgement call, and would seem to mess up continuity. Then again, I'm not Miller or Ellis, so I guess I'll wait and see. I just hope I haven't seen the last of Vision or Wilson.

Oh, and Hello. I have been lurking about for a while and decided to get involved. Might be posting my original fan fiction corning the Ultimate Masters of Evil.

Good to have you posting! Welcome.

I don't think it has screwed up anything continuity wise. Notice they waited to put in the notice in the issue where Thor shows up.

True, but if it was such a world changing event, why hasn't it been mentioned, even in passing? Then again, Fury could have mind-wiped everyone...hm.

Ultimate Venom said:

Agreed, as I've expressed earlier.

And it's about damn time you started posting I've seen your name sitting idle in that members box for too long without so much as a peep.

Welcome.

Ultimate Venom said:

Just keep in mind that Ellis probably wrote these in a clump, and that Ultimate Secret#2 was originally scheduled for January, meaning that we'd be starting Extinction if it were how it was supposed to be... this was planned waaay in advance, and yeah, we just need to keep in mind that this is a delayed series, that would have flowed better with the other comics if it had been released on time....

I blame Hairsine

You know, you could blame Harisine for everything.The death of the pope. The war in iraq. The hair pulling out as I waited for the next issue of Ultimate Nightmare. He bites. And I was NOT idle. For your information I told a random member that I was lurking. Come to think of it..thats kinda creepy.

It makes more sense that it was deylad now that I think of it. Still, not so much as a "Hey did you see that purple thing in a dress? Yeah..that was odd" from anyone makes me wonder a little. If its true that all of it did happen before Ultimates 2, then must I assume that Vision and Sam died fighting Galactus? Hrumph I say. Hrumph

Ultimate Venom said:
You know, you could blame Harisine for everything.The death of the pope. The war in iraq. The hair pulling out as I waited for the next issue of Ultimate Nightmare. He bites. And I was NOT idle. For your information I told a random member that I was lurking. Come to think of it..thats kinda creepy.

It makes more sense that it was deylad now that I think of it. Still, not so much as a "Hey did you see that purple thing in a dress? Yeah..that was odd" from anyone makes me wonder a little. If its true that all of it did happen before Ultimates 2, then must I assume that Vision and Sam died fighting Galactus? Hrumph I say. Hrumph
They went rogue, kicking *** and chewing bubblegum acrossed russia. Dead my bum.

Oh, me included. But pissing people off seems to sell more issues. Need I say the word Bendis?

Ultimate Venom said:
Oh, me included. But pissing people off seems to sell more issues. Need I say the word Bendis?

I can't hate Bendis yet. He's doing to good of a job on Daredevil.

I'll tell you what I do want to see though. Ultron kicking the crap out of the Ultimates and then SHIELD brings in their new weapon on him and it's Vision Vs. Ultron.

Ultimate Venom said:
Vision Vs. Ultron. No question who would win that one.

Nick Fury. He wins everything.

You're going to fit in just fine here. :D

Latest posts

Back