Ultimate Secret #2 Discussion (Spoilers)

Well, yes, you're right, but the way Ellis writes his characters, there are some simularities in their humor, etc.

Hmm. Got my issue on Friday (Ireland is more than a week behind the US). Its kinda odd to think that I will be reading issue #3 in Canada - and around my 31st birthday...gaaaaaaah.

I still can't figure out Carol Danvers. Those eyes are obviously some sort of clue. Those eyes aren't green, they are GREEN!!! She may be a sleeper agent for the Kree. Or maybe its a red herring. Maybe its just a visual thematic link between Captain Marvel and the future Captain Marvel. But the current guy is just too cool and memorable to be killed off and replaced by a female version.

As for mix and match ultimisations...well, if the character is in any way iconic (ie, someone who is identifiable beyond comic book geekdom) then that should not be undertaken lightly. But the "main" Marvel Universe is awash with one trick pony characters who have maybe a cool backstory, or a cool power, or an interesting costume, or hell just a cool name but haven't been developed further. Those guys are prime candidates to be bent, folded, spindled and mutilated into Ultimate characters. In the main Marvel Universe which has produced hundreds, if not thousands, of comic book series, and may well do so into the future, that's ok. Someone might want one of those one trick pony characters. However, the Ultimate line probably will not represent more than twenty or thirty titles in all, meaning a far smaller cast of characters. Most of the "one trick ponies" will never be needed nor referenced. The best they can hope for is someone to melt a few of them down into one character and let him rip for a story arc.

The other thought that is buzzing at the back of my head is that the UU has a terminal point. Eventually, the UU will get roughly to where the 616 universe is now. At that point, Marvel will have to make a choice between continuing the secondary universe, or zapping it. Maybe Ultimate Extinction represents that terminal point. I hope not, I want to see Ultimates Volume 3 at some point :D But its a thought.

Gavin

Gavin Bennett said:
Hmm. Got my issue on Friday (Ireland is more than a week behind the US).

Dude the stuff is a DAY behind the US,what store are you lookin in?!?!?

Gavin Bennett said:
The other thought that is buzzing at the back of my head is that the UU has a terminal point. Eventually, the UU will get roughly to where the 616 universe is now. At that point, Marvel will have to make a choice between continuing the secondary universe, or zapping it. Maybe Ultimate Extinction represents that terminal point.

a la 2099 with Manifest Destiny?I severely doubt it,the line makes them too much money.As far as I know 2099 was becoming a liability when it was canned

Well, as interesting as the idea goes, I'm sure Ellis has a more important agenda to address with this mini and, althought it may include the fact that Captain Marvel now opposes his race and Carol Danvers will fight him because his race goes by the "only the strong survive" deal, but I see no more than that. I don't know... Something has to dethrown Danvers from being Fury's personal assistant before the end of Galactus...

I just read it and what can I say that hasn't already been said. This issue was the ****. Did anybody notice that Sue looked a lot like Jessica Alba.

thee great one said:
I just read it and what can I say that hasn't already been said. This issue was the ****. Did anybody notice that Sue looked a lot like Jessica Alba.

Not really. Where did you get that Sue looks like Jessica Alba. If anything Jessica Alba looks like Sue.

I actually didn't notice any likeness between either of them... I'm sure you're just seeing things because the movie and everything. The fact that Nick Fury's look has been based off of Samuel L. isn't helping, either, but that's besides the point.

thee great one said:
Look on the second to last page where Reed tells her to get in the car and she says make me.

She does look a little like Jessica Alba in that panel, but it's not an exact match.

They are just both blondes and with blue eyes. Maybe that's the resemblance? Hmmm?

Fine I'm on my own then.

*Goes in bathroom with copy of issue*

Curses that the 3rd one I've ruined this week. Time to go buy a new one. 8)

thee great one said:
Fine I'm on my own then.

*Goes in bathroom with copy of issue*

Curses that the 3rd one I've ruined this week. Time to go buy a new one. 8)

Just get Sin City!And keep it to yourself man.....not cool!

Latest posts

Back